NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Good game earlier, unfortunatly my Dog decided to steal the TV remote and changed the channel lol.

That explains that game where I won with 253 points and you were only on 11. :heh:

Seriously though, that eliminator went by so quickly. I think because I was on pole, grabbed the first weapon, spun 180 and let rip which netted me a sod load of points. :D

I suck at racing but I'm not bad at the explosions.

I love eliminator and I love Wipeout so I'd like to put you guys in your place. I think an invite only match with people here somewhen.

I love eliminator and I love Wipeout so I'd like to put you guys in your place. I think an invite only match with people here somewhen.

sounds good to me

Put me in my place? I think I can put myself in my own place thankyouverymuch. Last place, that is.

Finally i've been able to afford the £145 for a 'new' (refurb) PS3 from Sony which will be arriving tomorrow. Apparently they'll be taking my old broken one away with them, which I kind of wanted to keep (or possibly sell). Ah well, atleast I'll have a working PS3 again wahay!

Man I am not paying £145 just to get a working PS3 back, it's ridiculous - pretty much half the price of a new system on top of the 300 you've already paid.

I'll probably use consoledoctor if Sony don't give me a better offer to repair/replace for £100

Man I am not paying £145 just to get a working PS3 back, it's ridiculous - pretty much half the price of a new system on top of the 300 you've already paid.

I'll probably use consoledoctor if Sony don't give me a better offer to repair/replace for £100

I know it is a stupid price especially after how much the console cost initially. I did consider Consoledoctor but I'd rather do it straight from Sony, even for the extra £45 and it's next day delivery.

I asked Sony on Friday if they did a repair service (as i read online they did repair for £99) however the guy from Sony informed me that they don't do repairs at all. Hence why i went for the refurb (even with a pretty crappy 3 month warrenty). Pity it didn't break before they stopped continuous play, you could sign up and get a new PS3 for £5.

I know it is a stupid price especially after how much the console cost initially. I did consider Consoledoctor but I'd rather do it straight from Sony, even for the extra £45 and it's next day delivery.

I asked Sony on Friday if they did a repair service (as i read online they did repair for £99) however the guy from Sony informed me that they don't do repairs at all. Hence why i went for the refurb (even with a pretty crappy 3 month warrenty). Pity it didn't break before they stopped continuous play, you could sign up and get a new PS3 for £5.

They stopped continous play?! Damnit!

Dear Continuous Players, we set up this service ultimately to provide a fast, efficient and cost effective way to ensure that your experience with PlayStation 3 & PSP was as seamless and hassle free as possible. Unfortunately, some individuals have chosen to abuse this service and as a consequence we feel that we have no option but to suspend Continuous Play and postpone acceptance of new Continuous Play plans until further notice. We will of course honour existing customer's policies and look to amend the existing provision so that it is less vulnerable to exploitation. Sincere apologies

PlayStation Team

Yup. To be fair if it was still available I would been classed as one of the abuses.

I know I was thinking of using it, but too many signed up the week it broke. So, so, SOOO annoying. I'd rather pay a fiver than £100 +

Anyone got Ghostbusters here? LameFilm are sending it to me. It should be here tomorrow and some co-op would be cool.

I played the demo and thought it was shocking, seriously I don't know how it got good reviews. Unless it was just a bad level choice and misrepresentation I can't see how the full thing could be worth spending money on, even if it is a rent.

I guess you're a sucker for co-op though.

The demo wasn't that bad. It was average but I thought is looked perfect for a rent.

Edit: Well completed it. Damn it was short. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I'd be tempted to get the platinum but apparently the trophies are glitched and it isn't actually possible to get two of them. *slow clap*

A great rental. Nowhere near as good as Wolverine in terms of games 'that I would never buy but would certainly rent' but it was fun. I'll give the multiplayer a quick go tomorrow and then probably send it back.

Edited by Daft

Haha, that was quite funny reading what you put the other day then following up with 'online is shit' as if to sum up the last couple of days of playing the game as briefly as possible.

It is nigh on impossible to get a game, let alone get 3 other players. How did this shit get approved?!

Also, I though the main game was co-op. It isn't. Just some crappy challenges and you aren't going to get to play those unless the fucking game decides to not be a sissy bitch and connect you. Meanwhile the fucking menu music in the background is on loop and it tantamount to audio rape.

Edit: Holy shit, I'm in a game lobby!

Edit 2: Fuck it. I give up. I'd have more fun nailing my scrotum to my face.

Edited by Daft

Just got one of those Playfire trophy cards. They're pretty swanky.

Just got one of those Playfire trophy cards. They're pretty swanky.

You should add me on the Playfire website. It's actuallty a pretty nice site to store and recall your gaming habits.

Will do. The site seems to be under a bit of maintenance when I try and search at the moment.

Yeah, for a rip-off price too.

And you know it's a rip off do you?

It the same price as Wipeout which you fell in love with and thought was a bargain.

In future rather than making your views felt on games you don't have you should keep your opinions to yourself. Honestly you've turned into a real bitter cynical sod lately (not my fault your PS3's fucked)

I'll buy the game today, play it, and then post my views on it -thus justifying my opinion.

Perhaps you should take this approach in future too.

Don't bother writing a response to this comment - I've nothing more to say on the matter.

To be fair, all other $15 games are priced at £9.99.

There is no reason for this to be £2 more.

To be fair, all other $15 games are priced at £9.99.

There is no reason for this to be £2 more.

Thats true - but my criticism with Dwarf was him moaning it was a rip off when it's the same price as Wipeout which he heaps praise on (justified) and says was well worth the money.

Now if Fat Princess is a steaming turd of a game - I'll quite happily let you guys know to avoid it. However to judge it as a rip off before even playing it is narrow minded.