NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

If your PS3 is connected directly to your router then you simply chooe wired connection setting on theps3 settings and it's good to go. Unless i've misread your question Dieago.

Yeah but the problem is that when i want to move it back to my room I need to put in my WEP, I was just wondering if you could have up to 3 connections like the Wii but I guess you cant.

A bit pissed off right now, want to play Resistance, alas, will have to wait x amount of days/weeks before sorting the PS3 out. Will call Sony somewhen and if they can't do anything I will have to fork out £100 to get it repaired from some website.

A bit pissed off right now, want to play Resistance, alas, will have to wait x amount of days/weeks before sorting the PS3 out. Will call Sony somewhen and if they can't do anything I will have to fork out £100 to get it repaired from some website.

It'll probably be £145 for a refurb from Sony, that's all i got offered. According to the interwebs they also repair them for £99.

I have joined the voice chat hardcore and bought myself an official wireless headset...just charging now...

I have joined the voice chat hardcore and bought myself an official wireless headset...just charging now...

Nice one flamey - you'll love it - it's crystal clear. Great for Motorstorm 2 (hint hint).

Seriously - you'll notice a huge difference.

PSN Store - is shite this week.

Nice one flamey - you'll love it - it's crystal clear. Great for Motorstorm 2 (hint hint).

Seriously - you'll notice a huge difference.

lol maybe when I get back from my travels...not worth getting now...

Yeah I looked at the store, Trash Panic demo WOOOOOP!!!

Not that there's much point in me buying stuff at the moment.

So, I've decided I'll probably buy MGS4 and wait for Fallout 3:GotY Edition.

The only dilemma I have now is when to actually buy a PS3. I could buy one now, when I actually have time to play it, or I could wait until after TGS, with the possibility of getting it cheaper.

Just nicked this from Gaf.

And we’re off. Sony just confirmed a massive press conference for GamesCom. Details:

SCEE Press Conference - Tuesday 18th August, 18.00 - 21.00

We’re hearing that the firm has huge plans for the show, so you want to be watching very, very carefully. Price cuts? Slims?

http://www.vg247.com/2009/07/17/scee...-for-gamescom/

There will be at least one of the announcements of either price cut or slim, there simply has to be.

My 160GB hard drive just arrived from Caris....time to get installing it. Already back up in readiness last night...so lets go!

Yeah mine was delivered today but I wasn't awake to receive it, however it doesn't matter a whole lot because even if I had a 40GB external HDD I had backed up it wouldn't be much use as the PS3 has bricked.

It would seem I have every size of phillips screwdriver expect for the one I need....GRRR! Got the blue screw off am struggling with the others...

DONE! One thing where the hell does it store your PSN details?! As when I put it all on and formatted the new HDD it still logged me into PSN and showed my friends details, am just restoring back up off an external HDD.

Monitors are a lot cheaper than TVs, do they work as HD TVs? With the PS3, I really have no idea about this, they all look the same to me.

Monitors are a lot cheaper than TVs, do they work as HD TVs? With the PS3, I really have no idea about this, they all look the same to me.

depends what connections it has...the PS3 (unlike for example the 360) doesn't natively output for your standard VGA monitor output.

could you get the right cables or something?

I dunno, not all that up on it, but would think you'd need a transcoder of some sort...perhaps cables do come with them built in. If not reckon somebody must make a VGA box that can do the business from either PS3 HDMI or Component cable to a VGA cable..

I would likely think such cables as I first suggested may be dependent on the monitor model and whether or not it can output the altered signal thats coming through.

I use a monitor with HDMI. They are quite cheap nowadays. Quite afew monitors outperform cheap lcd tv's in quality too. You miss out on a remotes, speakers and tuners though. :)

I use a 22'' monitor with HDMI input for my PS3 at uni as I don't wanna take my TV up there. Didn't cost that much (Was B'day present so dunno cost but less then £200), picture quality is fine and stuff.

You can get a VGA cable that works with both the PS3 and Wii. Its manufactured by Mayflash.

I just rented and finished prince of persia, and it said to be continued? Whats that mean, a sequel?

I just rented and finished prince of persia, and it said to be continued? Whats that mean, a sequel?

DLC to buy