NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

All I want from them is a HL game. Each one is so refreshing.

I wouldnt use the word refreshing for Half Life series.

Also console versions of Valve stuff is never worth it.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3437165/-/Product.html?source=0750113447&cm_mmc=Silverpop-_-Int_Games_wk27%20Jul%2009%20Vol%201-_-A-_-GAMES_OTHER_OFFERS_2&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Games%20Interest%202009-07-03%20July%20&P36=ETM74Q

G25 racing wheel just £99 when you use the following code: RacingWheel.jpg

I believe my PS3 may have finally fucked it :(

About a month ago it froze during a game and after restarting it, it decided it wasn't detecting any discs. Eventually it cured itself, however since then it's not been 100%. Every so often it won't read games/blu-rays and tonight it seems that the only thing it will play are music CD's. Meh.

[Edit] If i was to give sony a ring, would the 160gb hard drive in put it in affect it in any way? Such as getting a refurb one?

Edited by Strider

I believe my PS3 may have finally fucked it :(

About a month ago it froze during a game and after restarting it, it decided it wasn't detecting any discs. Eventually it cured itself, however since then it's not been 100%. Every so often it won't read games/blu-rays and tonight it seems that the only thing it will play are music CD's. Meh.

[Edit] If i was to give sony a ring, would the 160gb hard drive in put it in affect it in any way? Such as getting a refurb one?

Its just your BRD laser probably needs recalibration. Its pretty minor. Call Sony to sort it out. :)

Its just your BRD laser probably needs recalibration. Its pretty minor. Call Sony to sort it out. :)

Just rang them, apparently i am to do a full system restore, if that doesn't work (not that i'm expecting it to) i'm to pay £145 for a refurb one. The robbing bastards! Spending £300 on a machine to last 18 month is shocking.

Edited by Strider

Just a quick note to anyone thinking of buying The Punisher, don't bother. Its wank.

@ Strider - £145!!!! That's utter shite. My PS3's laser crapped out on Boxing Day last year after only 11 months. I phoned up Sony and spoke to a very nice chap who told me that it needed replaced and within a week a man came and swapped my PS3 for a refurbed one right there on my doorstep and I didn't pay a thing.

I've just had a thought though... Has your warrenty expired?

@ Strider - £145!!!! That's utter shite. My PS3's laser crapped out on Boxing Day last year after only 11 months. I phoned up Sony and spoke to a very nice chap who told me that it needed replaced and within a week a man came and swapped my PS3 for a refurbed one right there on my doorstep and I didn't pay a thing.

I've just had a thought though... Has your warrenty expired?

yes :(

tententen

Oh... sorry about that. I was typing furiously and then I just thought about the whole guarantee thing being for a year.

Just rang them, apparently i am to do a full system restore, if that doesn't work (not that i'm expecting it to) i'm to pay £145 for a refurb one. The robbing bastards! Spending £300 on a machine to last 18 month is shocking.

You wont get to the point of needing a refurb its quite fixable IMO. It could even be the HDD as PS3 blocks the Blu Ray if HDD is malfunctioning. They are just spelling out worse case scenario, though your local repair centre might have issues.

fucking hell hope mine never breaks...no way could I afford £145 to get it repaired that involve being real skint for a month or saving up

Choze, is this you with your brand new Killzone tattoo?

kz-8.jpg

;)

Just a quick note to anyone thinking of buying The Punisher, don't bother. Its wank.

That's a shame. Looked good from the trailer, although I guess the price gives it away.

It didn't work :cry:

HDD issue?

I've tried a 160gb drive aswell, still the same problem.

If they are charging you £145 it seems like its not certain what the issue is or its serious. If its something basic it would probably be free.

Lillster's links look interesting. They could prove to be useful.

It could also be Blu Ray dirty lense. But odont rush out and use any Blu Ray cleaner. Many of them will damage the lense permanently. Make sure you use an approved cleaner. Regarding failed backup or restore. Make sure both drives are ok as you mentioned you got at least one used. You can run checks on a computer with free software.

Reading the above i am not surpised the person on the phone is charging you. You probably have two problems.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Demon Souls Western release will have more stuff. Apparently the definitive version...

White Knight and Tales type treatment.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/06/playstation-eye-chat-demons-souls/

If you are hyping this up to be so then definitive my ass as that is a bit misleading. It only has some art books and strategy guides in the "stop importing it" special edition version which, frankly, are available free online. Would have expected more really.

I might as well post this here.

Uk Games Top Ten for Individual Formats – First Half 2009

1 Wii Fit Wii

2 Wii Play Wii

3 Mario Kart Wii

4 Professor Layton And The Curious Village DS

5 Killzone 2 PS3

6 Resident Evil 5 XB360

7 Dr Kawashima's Brain Training DS

8 The Sims 3 PC

9 Call Of Duty: World At War XB360

10 Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games Wii

Uk Games Top Ten for ALL Formats – First Half 2009

1 Wii Fit Wii

2 FIFA 09 XB360/PS3/PSP/WII/PS2/DS/PC

3 Call Of Duty: World At War XB360/PS3/WII/PS2/PC/DS

4 Resident Evil 5 XB360/PS3

5 Wii Play Wii

6 Mario Kart Wii

7 Professor Layton And The Curious Village DS

8 Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games Wii /DS

9 Street Fighter Iv PS3/XB360

10 Guitar Hero: World Tour WII/XB360/PS3/PS2

inFAMOUS nowhere to be seen then. Not surprising because yesterday I saw the first Playstation advert since the original Heavenly Sword 'This is Living' ad. The recent one was for Transformers the game.....

Why don't thy advertise the high quality titles. It's kind of cool being a relatively small member of the PS3 club but Sony really shoot themselves in the foot because no-one knows what the new playstation is capable of. As far as a muggle is concerned you can just play videogames on it.

Activision: We'll cancel Sony games.

Sony: We'll advertise Transformers: The Game for you!

Anyone which can recommend me some RPG's for the PSP?

Disgaea seems to be out of the question, as I can't seem to find it anywhere.

And I already have Tales of Eternia, just looking for some ace RPG's to increase my PSP collection.