NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I dont really want to import. Play have it - but not in stock

When do you want it for? You bought your PS3 yet?

Im almost definatly giving mein mutter some extra money after I sold my wii to her, so she can buy a PS3 for my xmas. Matt is purchasing a Dualshock 3 and Unreal from the metrocentre if they have it, or importing. Other than that I need a component cable as my tv only takes 1 VGA and Component each. Maybe other games such as Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly sword or blu ray movies with the remote.

EDIT I know my Uncle is coming from America on the 28th but I aint using scart for 3 seconds nevermind 3 days

Im almost definatly giving mein mutter some extra money after I sold my wii to her, so she can buy a PS3 for my xmas. Matt is purchasing a Dualshock 3 and Unreal from the metrocentre if they have it, or importing. Other than that I need a component cable as my tv only takes 1 VGA and Component each. Maybe other games such as Uncharted, Resistence, Heavenly sword or blu ray movies with the remote.

EDIT I know my Uncle is coming from America on the 28th but I aint using scart for 3 seconds nevermind 3 days

Good man getting Le Resistance, loved that game when I had my PS3.

So you made your mind yet Adam?

Nope. Im all over the place at the moment and I hate being like this. Problem is that I heard Heavenly Sword is very short and Uncharted can easily be finished in 10 hours so that just leaves me with Ratchet and I dont think I wanna spend £400 just to play 1 game over Christmas. Also I have never been a big fan of the Unreal games so thats out the window aswell.

Another problem is that my 360 is just sitting there as there is nothing I want at all. I played all the big games that I wanted to so at the moment im just renting random kiddy games to boost some points.

Im playing alot on my Wii but it doesnt offer me the same kind of traditional games experience that I can get from the 360 and PS3 games.

My DS is just sitting there, havent even got the will to play Zelda PH on it either.Maybe I should trade that in.....

Basically im in a gaming slump while being all mixed and confused as to what to buy/play next.

I just dont know what to do....

Unreal Review

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=827295

Well Uncharted has quite a few medals to unlock which will take a while and theres Warhawk and games like that. Then you have all the big hitters next year ;)

Well uncharted has quite a few medals to unlock which will take a while and theres Warhawk and games like that. Then you have all the big hitters next year ;)

Thats the problem, I want something to play and last me a while and I dont think they are going to cut it. Maybe I will stick to playing my Wii, perhaps download some RPGs off the VC.

Warhawk will last you a long time ;)

You should know me by now Matt that I very rarely play online games unless there are achievements to be had :) Hell I didnt even touch CoD4 online, only the beta.

Sounds like you're better off waiting until Home kicks in and all these trophies and unlockable room bits and bobs are available to achieve in all games.

Sounds like you're better off waiting until Home kicks in and all these trophies and unlockable room bits and bobs are available to achieve in all games.

Yeah, im such an unlockables whore :)

I just got Shadow of the Colossus, it's fantastic! The PS2 is still full of surprises.

I just got Shadow of the Colossus, it's fantastic! The PS2 is still full of surprises.

You never played it before? Your in for a treat as its an amazing game. It was around this time last year that I first played it and it was fantastic.

Operation Omega Dawn, the first major expansion pack for arcade shooter Warhawk, will launch on the UK PlayStation Network just in time for Christmas. Warhawk Game Director, Dylan Jobe announced details of the expansion pack which is expected to "add a new gameplay experience" and will include:

• A night-time battlefield with 6 layouts called the "Omega Factory".

• New 7-player aircraft called the KT-424 Combat Dropship.

• Five updated bonus layouts for battlefields from the original game so that you can play using the new Dropship.

The confirmed release date is Thursday 20th December for the small price of £3.99.

YaY more PStripple for me (even with my cash stock depleting when I still have to buy more presents)

Just bought Unreal Tournament from eBay. Got the extra postage just incase, came to £45. Waiting to get a dualshock 3, because a component cable is more important and I need enough money for gifts rather than spending it on myself:bouncy:

EDIT Just bought a Component Cable from Currys £17.99 woo

Can anyone tell me where the Disgaea for the PSP takes place?

I have the first one for the PS2 (Although still yet to complete it) but wanna know when the PSP version takes place... After 1 or 2?

A preview of 08 from some cracker.

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=776

Phew – we can almost consign 2007 to history, writes Steve Boxer. At least we PS3 owners have now weathered the storm, and we can look forward to finally reaping some benefits in 2008.

Not that it was quite doom and gloom for PS3 owners throughout 2007, as anyone who, in particular, recently purchased and played the mighty Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and the thoroughly excellent Ratchet & Clank will attest. And, of course, that old staple SingStar made the next-gen leap.

So we’re already feeling a bit happier about owning PS3s – but what is on the agenda for 2008? Nothing less than seeing the PS3 finally hitting its stride and leaving the doubters looking like fools.

We reckon it’s best to kick off by singling out the big releases which will garner headlines for the PS3. Which means PS3 exclusives. And we shouldn’t have to wait too long for the return of the revered Kazunori Yamauchi and his developer Polyphony Digital. Yep, it’s not too long now until we’ll get our first proper PS3 fix of Gran Turismo, in the form of Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. It could be with us as early as March 2008, so it will be the PS3’s first big gun of the year. Now, we haven’t yet seen GT5: Prologue, so we can’t give you any detail about what’s in it. Although we can be pretty sure that it will feature Nissan’s awesome new GT-R, since Yamauchi-san, believe it or not, actually had a hand in the design of the car itself, specifically its dashboard.

A little later in the year, we’ll get something which, while not strictly a game, is undoubtedly revolutionary and will transform online console gaming as we know it: Home. This avatar-based system should arrive fairly soon after GT5: Prologue, and once we start populating it, we’ll know what it’s like. It will be up to us to define the experience it provides. If I’m honest, I’ll admit to a little trepidation about Home – will it prove so addictive that it begins to eat into my social life, and will it manage to bypass the one-upmanship that blights conventional social networking? One thing is for sure, though: it will get all of us PS3 owners online, on a regular basis.

From around September or October, the PS3 will move into top gear: that’s when Killzone 2 will arrive, to truly take first-person shooters into the next-gen era. And – more excitingly in my book – when LittleBigPlanet – will arrive. Again, LBP will provide an unknown gameplay experience – firstly, because it is so unlike any other game and, secondly, because it will be up to us to define the gameplay. As the new video of LBP shows, it’s going to look amazing – we’ll get the whole low-down from developer Media Molecule next year (currently, they’ve got their heads down and are cracking on with finishing it).

At about the same time, we’ll be able to play what is already shaping up to be the game of 2008 – and what will certainly be the most talked-about, no doubt generating column inches in the news pages of the papers. We are talking, of course, about Grand Theft Auto IV. OK, GTA IV won’t be a PS3 exclusive – it will come out on the Xbox 360 as well. But who cares about that? We’ve had a sneak preview and GTA IV is only going to enhance the legend. Set in a modern-day take on New York, with you playing a dodgy European, it will be quite different to previous GTAs – you’ll have more of a feel of controlling the day-to-day life of your character, sometimes having several missions on the go at once, and there are countless cute touches, such as the ability to jump into a cab to get somewhere if you can’t be arsed to drive there. No doubt it will also get the Daily Mail frothing at the mouth, which is another thing to look forward to.

We have no idea when it will surface, but another opportunity for PS3 owners to acquire bragging rights will arise when Metal Gear Solid 4 arrives. The first next-gen instalment of Hideo Kojima’s legendary sneak-em-up has had a typically extended development period, and will surely be so desirable that it alone will fuel a surge in PS3 sales.

The PS3 will also continue to expand its already impressive capabilities – early in the year, for example, PlayTV will launch, a piece of USB hardware which effectively turns the console into a Freeview recorder.

But when we look into our crystal ball, what will happen towards the end of 2008 is less clear. Naturally, as the year progresses, we will become aware of new PS3 intellectual properties which are, as yet, being kept under wraps – naturally we’ll bring you the first reports about such things. And there is every possibility that news will emerge of new versions of existing PS3 IPs – we know, for example, that God of War III and a sequel to Uncharted are being worked on but, not, as yet, whether they will arrive in 2008. Plus, of course, we can look forward to new versions of those hardy third-party perennials that are updated every year. You may have felt the pain of 2007 – but it won’t be long before you forget all about that in 2008.

Im not happy if LBP and Killzone doesnt arrive til Sept-Oct.

Disgaea PSP is the first game but then also contains another story mode of Etna and what would happen if she killed Laharl in bed.

Afternoon of Darkness features extras over the original title such as a 16:9 format, to take advantage of the PSP's widescreen display. More interesting is an expansion that focuses on Etna as the main character. In Etna Mode, Etna kills Laharl by accident while trying to wake him in the beginning of the game and thus becomes the main character. There are some extra boss battles such as Overlord Zetta from Makai Kingdom and Rozalin and Adell from Disgaea 2. There will also be, for the first time, a multiplayer mode; although it will be available through Ad-hoc connections. This features multiple modes such as a "Defeat the Leader," "Capture the Flag," and the original "Battle." In the Multiplayer mode, each player will also have access to "Geocubes" which will give different effects to the battlefield, adding a whole new layer of strategy. Other new additions include a music shop, which allows the player to listen to the game's various songs and even change the Item World theme, and a record keeper, which keeps track of various bits of information such as ally kills and obtained items.

In addition, Afternoon of Darkness includes a complete dual language option and the option to turn off battle animations, both of which have been included in recent Nippon Ichi games such as Disgaea 2 and Soul Nomad. Most of the cut scenes that were originally voiceless now include voices, though some of cut scenes are still voiceless. To reflect Etna's recent voice actor change, her lines have been re-recorded to match Michelle Ruff's portrayal of Etna in Disgaea 2 and the anime.

One notable omission is the theme song "The Invasion from Within" by Tsunami Bomb. As ATLUS was the publisher of the original PS2 version (and as such arranged for the licensing of the song) and NIS America (Nippon Ichi's own American branch) published the PSP port themselves, they did not retain the rights to use the song and did not renegotiate for them. Also missing is the song "One With the Stars" which, like "The Invasion from Within", was added in the original PS2 release.

Another omission notible to long time Disgaea fans is the removal of the Prinny's battle cry of "Prinny dood!". This may have resulted from the similar conditions as the removal of the theme song.

Oooo nice!

Since I didn't finish the first one, will defiantly buy this when I get my new PSP in the new year :smile:

Im not happy if LBP and Killzone doesnt arrive til Sept-Oct.

A little later then expected, espicially LBP!

Hopefully we'll have some first-party games to tide us over till then, but looking at the release list, there isn't many exclusive titles with a firm release date of before Sept/Oct at the mo! :indeed:

A little later then expected, espicially LBP!

Hopefully we'll have some first-party games to tide us over till then, but looking at the release list, there isn't many exclusive titles with a firm release date of before Sept/Oct at the mo! :indeed:

I know what you mean, this is why im holding back getting another PS3 as the exclusive list is pretty thin at the moment. I think theres only MGS4 that is SUPPOSED to be out early in the year ( last I heard it was April-June time ) but before that its all multiplatform stuff like Burnout and DMC4.

Suprisingly its the Wii that has all the stuff I want early next year with titles such as NiGHTS, Ghost Squad, Zack and Wiki ( all 3 of them the same day apparently! ) Battalion Wars 2, Geometry Wars, No More Heroes and Harvest Moon....think thats it :) All of them are due by the end of Feb aswell!