NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I really wanna show my PS2 some love, but it looks pretty crap on my 32" HDTV... I am using some 3rd party PS2 component cables I got off someone from Amazon, and was wondering if I bought the official PS3/2 component cables will it make much of a difference?

As the 3rd party ones I got make the games looks worse off then the standard scart cable (Although they do make the text much clearer)

Just would like to know before I shell out £14.99 for them (Tight for cash due to the amount of titles coming out in the next couple of weeks! xD)

Just pre-ordered all my PS3 games for this year:

24-10-08

Far Cry 2

LittleBigPlanet

31-10-08

Fallout 3

James Bond : Quantum of Solace

07-11-08

Guitar hero World tour : Guitar Bundle

14-11-08

Call of Duty : World at War

Motorstorm 2 Pacific Rift

Mirrors Edge

28-11-08

Resistance 2

SOCOM : Confrontation

I have no idea how I will give them all the attention they deserve, Fallout 3 could potentially last months. Then theres the Wii games......

Games on Wii!?

Without doing too many WiiLOL's there is actually a couple of decent looking Wii games coming. Conduit springs to mind, then theres.......mmmm.....that black and white one!!! Also theres....................erm.....................

*runs away*

Without doing too many WiiLOL's there is actually a couple of decent looking Wii games coming. Conduit springs to mind, then theres.......mmmm.....that black and white one!!! Also theres....................erm.....................

*runs away*

You're lucky dazzybee doesn't raid this topic. He'd want to burn you at the stake for saying that.

Yeah keep away from Daz lol. Sometimes (pretty much always) he looks at Wii games through fanboy-tinted spectacles, even if the pile of crap comes in the form of Wii Music.

Just pre-ordered all my PS3 games for this year:

24-10-08

Far Cry 2

LittleBigPlanet

31-10-08

Fallout 3

James Bond : Quantum of Solace

07-11-08

Guitar hero World tour : Guitar Bundle

14-11-08

Call of Duty : World at War

Motorstorm 2 Pacific Rift

Mirrors Edge

28-11-08

Resistance 2

SOCOM : Confrontation

I have no idea how I will give them all the attention they deserve, Fallout 3 could potentially last months. Then theres the Wii games......

I was thinking more of how are u going to offord all that? lol ;)

Funny u should mention that bout wii games coz im actually interested in Wario Land and maybe a few future release titles...(shock)

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii to bits. I often fire it up for Brawl or Mario Kart. But the playstation just shits all over it at the minute.

Maybe when Nintendo release some of its AAA titles then my interest will swing back. I will pick up Animal Crossing, that seems like a right step forward for Nintendo with the WiiSpeak.

But then theres the storage........:(

Yep, its Sony who wins my gaming heart this year.

Add Valkyria chronicles to your list! The paintbrush cell shaded SRPG game.

Some good PSN games will be showcased at TGS.

72601420081008_083602_0_big.jpg

Does anybody want to trade with me, I am available to do it today. You can have all 3 of these: WipeOut, Snakeball and Stardust.

All I'd like is booty, but if anyone else makes an offer (like whoever suggested Siren) that would be cool.

I decided I was perhaps a little too hasty in cancelling my bioshock order so ordered it again and going to make my final decision next week...I played the demo and loved it...reckon I can get it complete before Fallout 3 hits.

Does anybody want to trade with me, I am available to do it today. You can have all 3 of these: WipeOut, Snakeball and Stardust.

All I'd like is booty, but if anyone else makes an offer (like whoever suggested Siren) that would be cool.

Can you trade something you received as a trade?

Raiko Minamoto, reporting live from TGS 2008 for videogame site Gamekyo, reveals the conferences schedules : Microsoft will give its conference tomorrow ; Sony will not give a conference at this year's TGS 2008, and finally Nintendo will not even be attending.

No conference from Sony at TGS. O_o

Can you trade something you received as a trade?

I think so but I'm not certain.

I think so but I'm not certain.

If you can I'll give you SIREN from fergy for Stardust HD.

Well yeah sure but if you take stardust you may as well have Wipeout and Snakeball too.

Raiko Minamoto, reporting live from TGS 2008 for videogame site Gamekyo, reveals the conferences schedules : Microsoft will give its conference tomorrow ; Sony will not give a conference at this year's TGS 2008, and finally Nintendo will not even be attending.

No conference from Sony at TGS. O_o

Yeah TGS is not as big as it used to be. Expect MS to invest heavily in Japanese games. Tekken 6 just went 360(before ps3 release like FFXIII). Explains the huge delay. Dont approve of releasing the PS3 version late but what can you do? I hope this means they dont compromise content like SC4.

Multiplatform games are horrible at taking advantage of Blu ray and abuse DLC(which happen to already be on disk). There better HD movie endings and nice extras.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21933

YES

Yeah TGS is not as big as it used to be. Expect MS to invest heavily in Japanese games. Tekken 6 just went 360(before ps3 release like FFXIII). Explains the huge delay. Dont approve of releasing the PS3 version late but what can you do? I hope this means they dont compromise content like SC4.

Multiplatform games are horrible at taking advantage of Blu ray and abuse DLC(which happen to already be on disk). There better HD movie endings and nice extras.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21933

YES

I love how you put a positive spin on a pretty major deal. Sony originally organised TGS years ago, this is them slowly abandoning it.

This has made my day.

Capcom finally plans on bringing phenomenally successful PSP game Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G to Europe.

The game's due to arrive here in the spring, and under the new name of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

The obvious hope will be recreating the Monster Hunter sales story from Japan, where 2nd G has shipped over 2.4 million copies since the beginning of the year.

This has helped the PSP become the best selling platform in Japan of 2008.

The idea in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is to find a beast and then kill it, all in an action RPG manner. There's more than 500 hours of this, and thousands of items of loot on offer.

But the real draw comes from Wi-Fi multiplayer, where groups of four can venture out and tackle the biggest bosses on offer.

This feature has been received so well in Japan that MHFU will be the first PSP game to use the new ad-hoc online multiplayer via PS3 service, which launches over there on 30th October.

The thing is, previous Monster Hunter games have always struggled over here, despite decent reviews. Perhaps we're just not sociable enough.

Yeah for Sony TGS was good RPG wise. The games werent your typical last gen RPG with next gen graphics thing MS have been doing so far.

More news coming yet regarding the RPGs tonight. White Knight trailer was well recieved but i recommend waiting for the direct feed. Online demonstration will probably also be done then.

Sonys did have TGS conference. :blank:

13:08 - President Hirai takes the stage. Talks about and emphasizes the quality of PSP package titles and PSN titles.

13:10 - Sean...Leiden(?) of SCEJ takes the stage

13:12 - New PS3 SKU announced. 80gb, dualshock 3, 39980yen including tax starting 10/30. Colors are same as before; silver, black, white

13:15 - GT5P and LBP bundles will also go on sale at the same time

13:18 - PS Store for PSP starting on 10/15

13:19 - In the near future, PSP disc based games will be downloadable

13:21 - Using PS3 for PSP adhoc mode will be available starting 10/30 and will be called Adhoc Party. Monsterhunter 2G will be ready to go from the first day.

13:28 - Announcing uses for PS Home. Creators from Capcom, BanNam are talking very enthusiastically about PS Home.

13:28 PS Home participants = 24 companies (not sure if it's game related companies or other companies for ads and stuff)

13:37 - PS Home will commence open beta service within CY2008

13:39 - The end.

Sonys did have TGS conference. :blank:

2 seperate conferences. There was another with some of the 3rd party stuff like WKS.

WKS trailer: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21931

Enjoy. :D

sce14.gif

sce15.gif

sce46.jpg

sce36.jpg

sce35.jpg

Looks fine for 1080p.

Looks like SE also let slip again that SO4 is coming to PS3. Again not official yet and no date.

LBP is dominating japanese gamers on the PS3 side.

Looks like SE also let slip again that SO4 is coming to PS3. Again not official yet and no date.

This is letting it slip that SO4 is coming to PS3?

Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi cleared things up during a roundtable interview session that followed the press conference. Asked if the game is 360-only, he said, "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

LBP is dominating japanese gamers on the PS3 side.

How do you know?

Castlevania: SOTN 2 PS3/360

l_ym_dra03.jpg

Alucard, with the help of Maria, defeated Count Dracula and freed Richter. It has been one year since he has disappeared because of his hatred of his own blood. There are reports in a town of a series of incidents involving the death of young girls whose blood are drained. Meanwhile, as Richter takes up his whip, his letter addressed to Maria arrives. He tells her that he fears that the vampire instinct in Alucard has reawoken.

Around the same time, a dark man who calls himself Magnus, appears before Maria. He shows her in a dream a vision of Alucard sucking the blood of a young girl. Is this vision of the incubus a deception or reality? Truth and fiction are blurred and the horrible past of Alucard is revealed.

A new generation of vampire hunters, Cyril and Alexis, will join the cast of Alucard, Maria, and Richter as this tale progresses.

This is letting it slip that SO4 is coming to PS3?

Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi cleared things up during a roundtable interview session that followed the press conference. Asked if the game is 360-only, he said, "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."

Thats e3. This is TGS ;) Someone slipped a little.

LBP is getting great impressions from japan. :smile: Hopefully it does well there.

Seen the Yakuza 3 trailer? :bowdown: Best character graphics?

Yakuza 3: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21933

Quantum Threory(Temco PS3 exclusive): http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21932

White Knight Chronicles: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21931