NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Why is that? I thought you were excited for trophys? Also why don't you just leave it out to try demos etc?

Why is that? I thought you were excited for trophys? Also why don't you just leave it out to try demos etc?

I knew I wouldnt be playing on it for a looooooooong time and seeing as I hate my room being cluttered I just packed it up. Luckly I did this before the trophies arrived unless I probably would have ended up getting addicted to them like I did with gamerpoints :)

Having played and adored my gaming week this week, what with the graphical tour-de-force that is FIFA 09, Wipeout HD and Little big Planet, I'm sooo happy I've got a PS3. The online elements of LBP are sublime and trophies, online voice chat and always sumptuous graphics / media capabilities have made me a very happy chappy. Oh - LBP is a killer, killer, killer app thank-you-very-much-oh-yes.

Just thought I'd mention that :heart: I'm currently enjoying one of my favourite gaming periods in a long time.

I really liked the Bioshock demo. The sense of isolation reminded me of Half-Life and maybe even Metroid Prime. I'll be sure to get it, but not on the day of release. 24 October is too busy, I think I'll get Dead Space instead. Can't go wrong with RE4 In Space.

I'll wait for the hype surrounding LBP to settle down a bit after its release before I decide whether I'm getting it or not. Somehow it just doesn't appeal to me.

I'll wait for the hype surrounding LBP to settle down a bit after its release before I decide whether I'm getting it or not. Somehow it just doesn't appeal to me.

I felt exactly the same as you about it until I got the Beta - it's brill.

I really liked the Bioshock demo. The sense of isolation reminded me of Half-Life and maybe even Metroid Prime. I'll be sure to get it, but not on the day of release. 24 October is too busy, I think I'll get Dead Space instead. Can't go wrong with RE4 In Space.

I really want Deadspace, but with Bioshock, Fallout 3 and LBP all out in October and then Resistance 2 in November, (all preordered) getting Dead Space in is going to be hard as well... I've downloaded the Bioshock demo, gonna try it out if I really feel like I have to keep playing I will still get it.

I felt exactly the same as you about it until I got the Beta - it's brill.

The Beta really is amazing...Cooky we should get on LBP together at some point.

I played a large chunk of Bioshock at a cousins before and thought it was good, but it wasn't quite my thing. No-where near enough ammo is provided, you find yourself with limited support so things are confusing and the puzzles are just annoying. I did one in order to get a little floating machine gun thing to help me out but it lasted for about a minute.

I played a large chunk of Bioshock at a cousins before and thought it was good, but it wasn't quite my thing. No-where near enough ammo is provided, you find yourself with limited support so things are confusing and the puzzles are just annoying. I did one in order to get a little floating machine gun thing to help me out but it lasted for about a minute.

hmmm sounds interesting will try out the demo later on...

BTW does anyone know how to get songs off your ipod to be recognised? I've changed it to disc usage so they all come up but owing to apples crazy file system all the files are randomly scattered and made up of 3 letters. I know it does this when you plug it into the computer so don't think there is a way to do it but thought I would check...

i tried Bioshock this morning. Something about either the graphics or the movement made me physically ill so i dont think ill be getting the full game. Also the aiming reticle is practically invisible which made it almost impossible to get a good shot in.

Half the point of the game is to struggle for ammo / health / etc. It's a scavenger hunt; in fact, you're the first I've seen complaining that there wasn't enough. If anything, I felt there was too much, and it wasn't challenging enough because of it.

I really want Deadspace, but with Bioshock, Fallout 3 and LBP all out in October and then Resistance 2 in November, (all preordered) getting Dead Space in is going to be hard as well... I've downloaded the Bioshock demo, gonna try it out if I really feel like I have to keep playing I will still get it.

The Beta really is amazing...Cooky we should get on LBP together at some point.

Get Bioshock. Just do it :smile:

Half the point of the game is to struggle for ammo / health / etc. It's a scavenger hunt; in fact, you're the first I've seen complaining that there wasn't enough. If anything, I felt there was too much, and it wasn't challenging enough because of it.

Get Bioshock. Just do it :smile:

I decided to cancel my preorder it and will pick it up another time...after LBP, Fallout 3 and Resistance 2

I decided to cancel my preorder it and will pick it up another time...after LBP, Fallout 3 and Resistance 2

Your loss.

Your loss.

well I've managed to stay this long without playing it, sure I can manage to do last a bit longer...its not like I'm never going to play it.

Bioshock is pure class. Get it on the PC for better controls. After playing the demo of fracture on the PS3, I never want to play another Shooter that does not use mouse+keyboad or wii pointer.

Bioshock is pure class. Get it on the PC for better controls. After playing the demo of fracture on the PS3, I never want to play another Shooter that does not use mouse+keyboad or wii pointer.

will bare that in mind gonna upgrade PC at some point perhaps will buy it for that instead...

Eternal Sonata is heading to Europe.

Atari plans to release the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata here in February 2009.

The wait should be worthwhile; developer tri-Crescendo has used the extra time to add new quests, battles and even multiple endings.

Characters Crescendo and Serenade are now playable, and extra costumes are included to beef up the level of customisation on offer. And, on top of all that, there's more music from Frederic Chopin, the famous composer the story is based around.

He slipped into a coma shortly before dying of tuberculosis, you see, and supposedly drifted off to a world of fantasy based on his life and work.

Unsurprisingly, then, music plays a central role in this JRPG, not only in setting but also as an inventive battle mechanic. Coupled with beautiful presentation, the result was 8/10 from Eurogamer.

Star Ocean PSP gets a release date

Square Enix plans to launch Star Ocean: First Departure on 24th October.

This PSP remake will mark the first time the original SNES Star Ocean story has been told outside of Japan.

And better technology means a revised game engine and better battle system, as well as fully voiced and animated cut-scenes. Voice acting - we should try that. No I will not stop mentioning it.

Star Ocean is an RPG made by Japanese outfit tri-Ace, which is hard at work on a fourth game in the series for Xbox 360 next year.

The developer is also remaking Star Ocean 2 (Second Evolution) for PSP, although no date has been mentioned outside of Japan.

The demo for Sonata came up on the US store last week I downloaded it and played it, loved it so defo going to buy it next year when it hits...tempted to get Star Ocean but so much other stuff out will maybe give it a miss until next year.

Star Ocean PSP gets a release date

Yet another big release for 24th October.

I think I may have been a bit hasty in cancelling my Bioshock preorder...I played the demo and loved it...so my question is how long is it? It comes out the week before LBP, but crucially 2 weeks before Fallout 3, could I complete it before then? Is it a 20 hours plus game or 8-12 hours?