NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.

Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.Crisis Core.

Ah yeh, forgot to mention I have that already (Two copies actully ^_^)

One which came with my Special Crisis Core edition PSP, and then the collectors edition of the game.

Is this hard drive

2.5" Western Digital 160GB 5400RPM

any good for my PS3? Caris is selling me one...just wanted to check if thats fast enough, reckon capacity wise that will keep me going for a while.

Is this hard drive

2.5" Western Digital 160GB 5400RPM

any good for my PS3? Caris is selling me one...just wanted to check if thats fast enough, reckon capacity wise that will keep me going for a while.

It's fast enough but personally i would go for one that has a capacity of 250GB. Actually 160 is more than enough so ignore me ¬_¬

That HDD will most likely be faster than the stock one that comes with the PS3.

That HDD will most likely be faster than the stock one that comes with the PS3.

Not like your trying to sell it or anything lol :indeed:

5400 speed is fine mate the same as the bog standard HDD in the PS3. How much you paying for it? I got a 320gb one for £50.

If it's going cheap though 160gb will do you nicely.

5400 speed is fine mate the same as the bog standard HDD in the PS3. How much you paying for it? I got a 320gb one for £50.

If it's going cheap though 160gb will do you nicely.

£18...bargain!

£18...bargain!

Sold to the flaming male child.

Good deal mate.

www.reuters.com -

Sony Corp Chief Executive Howard Stringer brushed off concerns that the PlayStation 3 video game console is too expensive, and said the company is unlikely to sell parts of its business amid the recession.

Stringer, arriving at the Allen & Co conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, on Tuesday, described recent comments about PlayStation's price by Robert Kotick, the CEO of video game publisher Activision Blizzard Inc, as standard business tactics.

"He likes to make a lot of noise," Stringer said, when asked about the comments. "He's putting pressure on me and I'm putting pressure on him. That's the nature of business."

Last month, Kotick told the Times of London that Activision might cease developing games for the PlayStation if Sony did not cut the price of the console, which competes with Microsoft Corp's Xbox and Nintendo Co Ltd's Wii.

"When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console," Kotick had said.

Asked about the logic of not cutting prices, Stringer said, "I lose money on every PlayStation I make -- how's that for logic."

Stringer and Kotick are among the couple of hundred tech and media executives convening in Sun Valley this week for the annual confab.

Asked about consolidation in the entertainment industry, Stringer said Sony was not looking to get rid of any assets.

"We're learning to fuse content and hardware. This wouldn't be a time to get rid of either," he said.

Stringer said he will be participating in a panel about the recession at the conference.

"I see green shoots but it's a very light shade of green," he said.

While the executive said that the economic situation in most of Asia is looking good and that he sees a bottom in China, it was still too soon to call a bottom to the recession overall.

"It's very hard to tell whether this is just a minor trough on the way to recovery or a trough on the way to a trough," said Stringer.

Edited by Dante

Sold to the flaming male child.

Good deal mate.

Haha that made me giggle...oldest child ever at 25 though!

Got my ps3 eye today and managed to install it on my pc so now I have a pretty nice webcam for my pc! Problem is that the mic on the camera does not work with WLM and really, that's what I wanted it for ¬_¬. Ah well. Soon that platinum on burnout will be mine!

Got my ps3 eye today and managed to install it on my pc so now I have a pretty nice webcam for my pc! Problem is that the mic on the camera does not work with WLM and really, that's what I wanted it for ¬_¬. Ah well. Soon that platinum on burnout will be mine!

Cool! I never thought of using it as a webcam before!

So funny using it on burnout though.

Odd little part of the update on the PSN store today...why did they pop Championship Manager 2006 on there for £3.19? Only reason I can think is to test pricing structures for older games ready for when PSP Go hits? Seems an odd choice though as sports titles traditionally fall off sales wise once the new yearly version hits shelves....

Cool! I never thought of using it as a webcam before!

So funny using it on burnout though.

go here if you want to get the drivers for using it as a webcam on the pc and scroll down to the link over the 'donate' paypal sign. click me The site will also give you info on installation.

Platinum_Trophy.jpg

Just got my first platinum and it's a well deserved one for Burnout :D All I had to do was the mugshot photo so with the camera I just got yesterday so that has been a platinum sitting there for about a few months now.

Edited by Deathjam
Automerged Doublepost

6pmi3r.jpg

wait a sec thats a live action movie right? oh no wait its only the best ever looking game and its Sony Exclusive!!!!

Is the spyro games from PS1 available at the download store?

Is the spyro games from PS1 available at the download store?

Not yet. :( It's out in America and I'm desperate to play through it again. It's an AMAZING game and one of the only games I've ever finished 100%

The last 3 times ive been on my PS3 its been freezing up (always on Infamous). Im hoping its just the buggy game itself and not my PS3 but if so, is there a safe way to clean/remove dust from this thing?

Yeah bugs basically. Not your fault or dusts fault :p

For dusting use a low powered vaccum cleaner as in the manual.

Make sure its a 'low powered vacuum' and the machine is off.

No, but I have other awesome PSN-related news:

All Mirror's Edge DLC seems to be free at the moment on the euro PSN stores. Everybody should download it before it turns out to be some kind of mistake and it gets a price tag again!