NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Thing is the fan thing sounds like a chipset issue. Its what pc's do anyway. I dont think a backup can be done now :/

You need your PS3 working for that and to reach the backup menu. A working hdd in another ps3 wont work. Your best luck is if Sony find its a simple fix and the HDD runs the stuff on it as usual.

Did they say take the HDD out?

It's part exchange so he will be getting another ps3 ¬_¬ I have come to the conclusion that he, his saves, and his old ps3 are sadly all fucked :( After reading up on the official problems, no one who had a similar problem was able to recover the data. All I can say is make sure it does not happen to you!

It's part exchange so he will be getting another ps3 ¬_¬ I have come to the conclusion that he, his saves, and his old ps3 are sadly all fucked :( After reading up on the official problems, no one who had a similar problem was able to recover the data. All I can say is make sure it does not happen to you!

Yep his saves are gone if its a new PS3. On the other hand its a new one :p

Hopefully he at least has an old backup.

Yep his saves are gone if its a new PS3. On the other hand its a new one :p

Hopefully he at least has an old backup.

No backup. Just lots of hurt. Think his Killzone 2 progress will be gone? Nah his online stuff is saved as he was able to play his profile on my machine.

No backup. Just lots of hurt. Think his Killzone 2 progress will be gone? Nah his online stuff is saved as he was able to play his profile on my machine.

His single player is gone but its easy to play again in Elite anyway. Online stats remain for games that use server side info like KZ2. He should worry about other games with locked saves.

When you back up it backs everything up doesn't it? Game Data Saved Data, Settings? Just checking you don't have to do anything special to get it to properly back up. I've finally got my external hard drive formatted to fat32 and have tested backing up ready for the big 320GB upgrade.

The Godfather 2 got a pretty decent rating on IGN, I thought the first game was brilliant despite a few flaws, so if anyone has the chance to rent it then I say go for it.

Basically a fun game.

When you back up it backs everything up doesn't it? Game Data Saved Data, Settings? Just checking you don't have to do anything special to get it to properly back up. I've finally got my external hard drive formatted to fat32 and have tested backing up ready for the big 320GB upgrade.

Yup it backs absolutely everything up - now just think of all that free space you have to play with!

Yeah not having to worry about HDD space for a long time is certainly something to look forward to.

The Godfather 2 got a pretty decent rating on IGN, I thought the first game was brilliant despite a few flaws, so if anyone has the chance to rent it then I say go for it.

Basically a fun game.

Got slated on Eurogamer so I'm not sure about it.

Have you played the first game? It was really good, although I don't know how this one fares. Will have to watch some videos for it.

Have you played the first game? It was really good, although I don't know how this one fares. Will have to watch some videos for it.

Yeah, I played it ages ago on the PC. I remember it being a bit bland tbh.

Ah well, I really liked it. Read the Eurogamer review and it sounds like this is a poor game, so maybe one to not go for :p

I was hoping it would be good. The Godfather could be such good game if done right and you kind of expect it to improve on the first...not get worse.

Yeah oh well. I'm currently trying to get back into LBP, but what's putting me off creating things is that I would have to go through al the tutorials again and I lost data for a Crash Bandicoot level I was making, which is damn annoying.

Had a play of the 2 levels I made and am secretly proud :)

I played the first Godfather on Wii and loved the controls but the game didn't keep me gripped for long enough.

It will even remember where you left your movies off. Its like a perfect snapshot.

Ragdoll KungFu and Worms (Euro) out tommorow.

I hope Bomberman makes it soon.

Worms apparently is based on the Xbox Live version which is quite dumbed down.

Edited by Choze

^Fairly old.

Anyway, Worms is out tomorrow?! Sweet! I'll be getting it. I'd love to have some NE battles going.

Is this old? I just made an Austrian account.:D

Yes it is old...but still worth doing for those who don't own it yet. Free patch also hits today at 5pm adds an online ranking system and friend spectator mode.

I will finally be getting my 18 quid Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock next week as my mate from Bolton who has it is coming to visit, so I'll likely be picking up Rock Band 2 at some point...

But first things first...I finally have to upgrade my hard drive...I've got to the point where I'm having to delete Game Data when I want to install new Game Data and its just getting on my tits plus will likely be getting plenty of Rock Band DLC so need to have the space!

Remember lot of people citing this play.com WD offering as good value for money, so I'm gonna get this one, yay or nah?

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3516598/-/Product.html?searchstring=+Western+Digital+Scorpio+WD3200BEVT+320GB+25+Internal+SATA+Hard+Drive+&searchsource=0

Thats the one 2 weeks ago. Works great, no problems. I strangly had no problems with the screws but i was very careful with them...

It backs up everything, including all ur preferances like what theme u were using and stuff, its very good!

^Fairly old.

Anyway, Worms is out tomorrow?! Sweet! I'll be getting it. I'd love to have some NE battles going.

Hmmm interesting - I read a few days ago on Joystiq that it was coming to PS store on Easter day Sunday the 12th for £7.99.

Anyone done the new Xi games? Maximum Tilt, Hexopolis and the Adventure Zone on Expert.

DAMN! The Adventure Zone's second quest is tricky.

Anyone done the new Xi games? Maximum Tilt, Hexopolis and the Adventure Zone on Expert.

DAMN! The Adventure Zone's second quest is tricky.

Really need to get up to speed with this...still not done a lot found the bits of paper after I restarted then can't remember what I had to do after then..but think I did whatever it was...

I can imagine it might be a bit tricky to get into but once you are in the flow it is good fun and there is something new almost every day. Stick at it!! :smile:

This is the basic story so far. Contains spoilers...obviously. :heh:

Xi is an unknown project that seems to be merging Home with reality. How much of that is poetic and literal the story hasn't explained yet.

Xi seems to be a project that was created by a programmer and tester for Home called Jess.

Jess is part of a core group of programmers and testers that call themselves alphaAFK.

Jess has apparently rewrote a lot of the programming code of Home and the alphaAFK headquarters, which is called the Hub.

Jess apparently intentionally erased or damaged a service robot in the Hub, who is called Stapler.

Jess is hiding from someone or a group of people because of what she has done with Home in regards to this Xi Project.

When Jess went missing her counterparts in the alphaAFK clan decided to alert the general populace to help them find her.

The general populace, which is us the players/audience, are trying to find Jess and uncover what Xi is.

The alphaAFK clan is working on activating programs inside of the Hub which they believe will help us find Jess and help us to figure out what Xi is.

Edited by Daft