NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I think I may have just played the worst game ever. Hail to the Chimp on PS3.

Oh. My. God.

So bad, avoid demo at all costs!

Ok so me nd Ryan couldnt swop... He couldnt sign into my account for some reason... :(

So anyone else wanna swop ?

ME!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from me

Does anybody want to trade with me, I am available to do it today. You can have all 3 of these: WipeOut, Snakeball and Stardust.

All I'd like is booty, but if anyone else makes an offer (like whoever suggested Siren) that would be cool.

Time to replace your sig Domstercool. :p

Parasite Eve : The 3rd Birthday advert

Untitled-1.jpg

I've now played quite a large chunk of Half Life 2 Episode 2, and it's in a league of it's own. The puzzles and sequences are brilliant, and you feel very much in control of what you do. No help is given, and there is the feeling of freedom, it's all seamless. (crap comparison but hey) In Metroid it all feels forced and everything falls into place but with this it is very much you doing everything.

Dunno how to say it...

But basically, if this was given a graphical update and a bit more polishing, it would be intense.

I've now played quite a large chunk of Half Life 2 Episode 2, and it's in a league of it's own. The puzzles and sequences are brilliant, and you feel very much in control of what you do. No help is given, and there is the feeling of freedom, it's all seamless. (crap comparison but hey) In Metroid it all feels forced and everything falls into place but with this it is very much you doing everything.

Dunno how to say it...

But basically, if this was given a graphical update and a bit more polishing, it would be intense.

Best game ever. Does not need 'polishing'. End of rant.

Tried the Valkyria Chronicles demo today, and it has sold me on the game. It was really easy to get into, I'm usually pretty bad at strategy type games, and the way the fights are done are pretty original and fun. Graphically the game is really great, I love the pencil filter everything has.

You just said the game is not intense because of lack of polish.

No, it is intense, and it does have polish, but it would escalate to greater heights with more of it. But it is actually quite cool with it having a few rough edges.

Glad I didn't buy The Force Unleashed. Just rented it and completed it in a day. Was fun but I preferred the Jedi Academy games.

I would of done mate but I don't think you can trade a game you received.

Can't earn trophies either. Get what you pay for..

I gave a friend a game and he has trophies. Or did you not mean that?

Does nobody want to swap their games today or what?

What are you offering? And what do you want?

I'm offering WipeOut, Snakeball and Stardust, in return for Booty/Siren or anything else that's cool, maybe PJ Monsters etc.

Give me your PSN and we can get some trades going.

Right wondering if anyone can help me, the last couple of nights I have had majorly annoying problems with my PS3 online.

Let me explain my set up...Virgin Media VIP package (so the highest speed and bandwidth I can get in my area), have my wireless running on a belkin router using WPA.

What seems to happen is I can usually (although not always) sign into PSN and get games started, even send messages and stuff and download off the Playstation Store, but when it comes to playing games I often get kicked out, the other night was online everything was fine until I tried to join cookyman in freeburn on Burnout. Similar happened yesterday with Wipeout, could not connect to the servers but was on PSN. I have also had problems with it hanging and crashing however these have mostly been with LBP so not sure how much this is down to the beta, I am able to play others levels but it goes mental when I try to play with others.

I checked the signal strength and it was really low. I have reset all my router settings and everything, re done the settings on my PS3 and the signal strength has gone up, but it still seem to do it from time to time.

I have the problem that we live with my parents so no able to have the wired connection, as all my possessions are in my room...so until me and my girlfriend can afford to move out we are stuck in....Is there anyway to optimise my wireless connection further?

I'm offering WipeOut, Snakeball and Stardust, in return for Booty/Siren or anything else that's cool, maybe PJ Monsters etc.

Give me your PSN and we can get some trades going.

Got WipEout and SSDH, not bothered about snakeball, if you have anything else, let me know. I will post a list of my games when i next turn my PS3 on (I have a few)

Right wondering if anyone can help me, the last couple of nights I have had majorly annoying problems with my PS3 online.

Let me explain my set up...Virgin Media VIP package (so the highest speed and bandwidth I can get in my area), have my wireless running on a belkin router using WPA.

What seems to happen is I can usually (although not always) sign into PSN and get games started, even send messages and stuff and download off the Playstation Store, but when it comes to playing games I often get kicked out, the other night was online everything was fine until I tried to join cookyman in freeburn on Burnout. Similar happened yesterday with Wipeout, could not connect to the servers but was on PSN. I have also had problems with it hanging and crashing however these have mostly been with LBP so not sure how much this is down to the beta, I am able to play others levels but it goes mental when I try to play with others.

I checked the signal strength and it was really low. I have reset all my router settings and everything, re done the settings on my PS3 and the signal strength has gone up, but it still seem to do it from time to time.

I have the problem that we live with my parents so no able to have the wired connection, as all my possessions are in my room...so until me and my girlfriend can afford to move out we are stuck in....Is there anyway to optimise my wireless connection further?

It sounds to me as if there is a firewall enabled inside your router. Which would explain why it disconnects when playing online but not on PSN. When playing games online your router needs to let information pass through it in both directions, if there is a firewall enabled, it can restrict the signal coming in. Just disable it (if this is the problem) by going into router settings in your computer. If that does not fix it, I would contact virgin and get them to do a line check. There could be a fault with the provider.