NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Cool, u bought it then! What do u think of it so far then?

It's pretty addictive, I've got quite close to Daft on the 3rd planet but he probably wasn't trying that hard when on that level. Haven't really tried a long Arcade quest yet but having seen his score and someone elses (may have been yours) my jaw dropped.

On the 3rd planet I was doing really well and I had a 7x multiplier going on, then at the final boss where i could've got loads of points I took ages on beating him because I was using the wrong weapon on the Snake thing :(

Rez is the man to beat on SSHD. I haven't played it for ages and am not too likely to again any time soon.

I can't even remember my high scores at the mo! lol. Dwarf is getting me in the mood to have another quest to try and beat my score, lol.

When i have been playing on it resontly i have just been playing on Endless Mode, trying to get better at that, it gets quite manic at times!

Tried the Force Unleashed demo. I typically hate Star Wars in general so i was pleasantly suprised at how good it looks and plays

Well played quite a bit of Buzz with my girlfriend and enjoyed it. One annoying thing is that despite sofa vs sofa being advertised as like 2 vs 2 online, it is in fact only a 4 player game with players being picked from other online users... I thought it was some kinda 2 v 2 team event. They have recently patched it so that you can use 2 controls...which makes your chances of winning fastest finger more likely as there are two of you, however it can make some rounds harder as you both buzz different things in.

Well it looks like White Knight Chronicle is finally going to make another appearance, this time at TGS. Its about time too, been waiting ages for some more footage of this game.

After the Team Ico its the turn of the game White Knight Chronicles directed by the talented development studio Level 5 to be preliminary announcement. The website dedicated to the game has indeed be released, warning players after a year of total silence "the survey sailing would take place shortly." This is the magazine Weekly Famitsu, which will initially exclusivity before the site in conjunction with the running of the exhibition is supplied with content. Who said finally?

Also a LBP bundle has been confirmed for Europe.

A European LittleBigPlanet bundle has just been confirmed for 399 Euros. It should be reminded that the pack will contain a DUALSHOCK3 controller and 80GB of HDD

Got Heavenly Sword today and I'm really impressed. I really like it. Shame they aren't putting Trophy support in it but it's a crap load of fun. I like switching stances and such. I've have never liked Devil May Cry so it's a bit of surprise that I'm enjoying this so much.

Only thing I hated is playing 'twing-twang', what a load of old crap.

Are there any plans for a sequel?

The twang sections are alot easier and more fun if you just knock the sixaxis option off and use the sticks. As for a sequel, it was mentioned a while back but im not sure anymore. I never did finish the game, should really get back on it at some point.

I love the twang sections, and love using the sixaxis on it ^_^

Just gotta finish the last chapter now, bit short, but really really fun :)

They have said the next game they are working on is not HS 2 so could be someway off...

Has anyone here bothered to play LAIR with the "standard" controls patch?

Is it actually playable? I stayed away originally due to the awful reviews but since it can be obtained for under £20 may be worth a shot?

I need a game to keep me entertained for a while until the big hitters come out.

Has anyone here bothered to play LAIR with the "standard" controls patch?

Is it actually playable? I stayed away originally due to the awful reviews but since it can be obtained for under £20 may be worth a shot?

I need a game to keep me entertained for a while until the big hitters come out.

I wouldn't bother it was also ridiculed at the time for its awful level design and boring missions.

I wouldn't bother either, a friend of mine had it and basically told me to avoid it like the plague!

Fuck off. Seriously, fuck off.

I just got well into a 9x multiplier and I was certain to get 10x if I could just kill the bosses yet i had a momentary concentration laps and a puny, shitty little purple bullet hit me. Nobhead. I won't succumb till i get that 10.

OPM Issue 23 reached subscribers yesterday and the issue contained 2 world exclusive reviews of Mercenaries 2 and Fifa 09, both god 7/10 and 9/10 respectfully.

But there was an intersting part in the issue which may raise a couple of eyebrows come TGS time including ours.

In it’s rumor section, it mentions the fact that Kingdom Hearts III is in development for the PS3 and will be at TGS.

The exact quote being.

“Kingdom Hearts III is currently in development as a PS3 exclusive and will be announced at TGS.”

This backs up the rumor that GOONL!NE posted only nearly a month ago statin that KH3 would be unveiled as early as the DKΣ3713 earlier in the month (which didnt happen) to as late as TGS which is plausable now considering the OPM rumor.

the rumour will be turn out to be fake because;

They have two big KH spinoffs in development- Birth By Sleep for PSP and 356/2 Days for DS, if you announce KH3, it will overshadow these two.

The KH dev team is busy making FFXIII Versus, meaning that if this is true they probably gave it to some lesser studio.

lol, unlucky man.

Cheers.

I did arcade Easy and died twice, maybe 3 times. Got up to 9x and 8x when dying. If it's any consolation I got the NE high score on this mode, but I don't really give a crap seeing as everyone will probably only play through it once anyway.

Might give the 10x another try soon. God that pissed me off.

Think the highest i have ever got was 8X multi. Wasn't actually trying for the trophy i was just suddenly doing well on it! lol

Cheers.

I did arcade Easy and died twice, maybe 3 times. Got up to 9x and 8x when dying. If it's any consolation I got the NE high score on this mode, but I don't really give a crap seeing as everyone will probably only play through it once anyway.

Might give the 10x another try soon. God that pissed me off.

I'll start playing it again when the next expansion comes out.

I managed to get the x10 one first time. I was pretty determined because I'm pretty sure I couldn't be arsed to try it again if I hadn't got it. :heh:

At least it's gonna taste good WHEN I do it.

God, it so does.

When I finally got Late Boomer, I swear I was close to tears, all that adrenalin. :heh:

Played PJ Eden with my girlfriend yesterday. Hate the co-op! It's just annoying as to which one the camera decides to follow. Wont be playing it co-op again.