NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Am I right in thinking its just like a few extra levels?

Yeah, its supposed to be about 4-5 hours long and I think it continues the story.

Hmmmm...might wait for September...it'd be nice to have physically.

I want the hard-copy..so i'll be waiting till September me thinks..

That's pretty impressive. Roughly the same size as UT3's optional install.

Do we know if there are Trophies?

No it wont. They said they didnt have enough time to put it in or somethin, but they said all future insomniac titles will, starting with resistance 2!

Disc copy it is for me as well!

80GB PS3 out this week?

Some European online retailers are listing release dates for the new 80GB PS3's a week ahead of what was originally mooted. Whilst previously announced for an August 27 launch date, online retailers such as Amazon UK and GAME are suggesting that the new units will arrive this Friday (August 22.)

Pretty gutted that I bought a 40GB console mere months ago. Ah well.

And:

Michael Shorrock, (director of 3rd party relations) has posted up some info on the PlayStation.Blog stating that Rock Revolution, Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour's instruments will all be compatible with each other.

Not only that, but Guitar Hero: World Tour and Rock Band 2 will support SingStar microphones!

Excellent news.

Has Siren been given a BD release date yet?

Also what's the cheapest place to get a DUALSHOCK3?

Cheers

Don't think it has yet.

Not sure where is the cheapest place for a dualshock.

nah siren hasn't got a uk release yet...you can buy the asian english version off yes asia though...

Nice boxart for Ratchet, I approve :)

Heres what David Jaffe thinks of Flower, apparently this quote is from his blog.

"Got a great demo of That Game Company's newest game FLOWER when I was in Santa Monica last week. Holy Shit! Now I had played the first level before and really liked it. I had liked it alot more than flOw which- as I always say- I APPRECIATED but never really enjoyed as a game experience. But this new game? Shit, man. It's on the road to being a classic, no doubt. And I don't say that lightly cause while the core game mechanics are fun, it- in my mind- lives or dies by the emotions it creates while you play. And you guys know I'm a disappointed cynic when it comes to video games evoking subtle emotions in players. But I'll tell you what- from what I saw on Friday- these guys/gals at TGC are well on their way to having made one of the most emotional games of all time. I love what I saw. And if the whole game feels like the stuff I saw last week...well wow! Just wow! And the coolest thing to me is, hell, now I'm inspired to step up to the plate and try to do something a bit more meaningful as well. Maybe not with our current title, but one day soon. Thanks TGC!"

love the sound of flower...seems to better flesh out the ideas they had going with flow...

Bioshock release date confirmed.

2K Games masterpiece Bioshock hits the Playstation 3 in North America on Oct. 21 and internationally on Oct. 24, Take-Two announced today.

Developed by 2K Marin, 2K Boston, 2K Australia and Digital Extremes, the Playstation 3 version of the game includes new content that "augments and extend the exprience in exciting ways."

"We are proud to introduce 2K Games' showcase title, BioShock, to an entirely new audience," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "With the addition of the new Add-On Game Content we are able to extend the award-winning adventure while maintaining the perfect harmony that millions of players around the world have fallen in love with."

New features include a Survivor difficulty mode, trophy support and add-on game content. The PS3 version also getss Challenge Rooms, which requires gamers to "utilize the knowledge and skills they have learned while traversing the halls of Rapture."

really looking forward to playing Bioshock...never played it and don't know anything about the plot so should be fun...if I can fit it in amongest the rest...

HELPP

Just bought R+C and it's saying I have insufficiant space. It only needs 419mb and I have 24gb :/

eh...

really looking forward to playing Bioshock...never played it and don't know anything about the plot so should be fun...if I can fit it in amongest the rest...

You mean if you can fit the rest in amongst Bioshock.

I played Bioshock at my cousins house, I thought it was quite good, has an element of horror, but I found it a bit too strange. I wanted some sort of interaction with other people but from what I played you just kill a load of freaks. The puzzles weren't great, but the graphics were good.

You mean if you can fit the rest in amongst Bioshock.

Its really a case of fitting everything in with each other...october is one cramped month to be a PS3 owner. I have preordered;

Fallout 3

Little Big Planet

Bioshock

FIFA 09

I'm sure I will buy other titles as well...

Considering how much time Fallout 3 and LBP are going to eat up...madness....

Oh and can anyone recommend me a good but cheap HD T.V or one that makes the PS3 graphics stand out more? My box T.V still looks cool and everything but I want to experience the good stuff. It's about 20/21 ". Anything the same size or slightly bigger would be nice.

I know nothing about these T.Vs but appearance-wise the Samsungs rate high for me.

Back to Uncharted: If you have a PS3 and you don't own or haven't borrowed the game you must do at some point. Now isn't a bad idea seeing I got it for £14.

Answers???