NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

New PSP?

Not long after Sony unleashed its updated model of the PlayStation Portable, affectionately named PSP Slim & Lite, there's an interesting placeholder image found on Sony Computer Entertainment's website for instruction manuals that raises eyebrows.

in_3000.gif

PSP-3000_qjpreviewth.jpg

The image says "3000 series" on the PSP website, and it's inevitable for people to speculate that a new line of the handheld is at least in the works.

3000 thing has been known for a while because of some of the firmware upgrades included that code. No one is sure if it will be a new psp or what yet.

Is Unreal Tournament absolute shite for anyone else? I tried joining online and stuff and it just kept giving me errors.

Single player is boring. I was doing one mission that was fucking ridiculous, ended up losing and decided never to play it again...

I cant putt to save my life on Everybodys Golf, it always goes off to the left or right. Also that slag Sophie keeps beating me, wouldnt be so bad if you could skip watching her take her shots.

In other news I finished Silent Hill Origins last night, first SH game I have played all the way through. Its very disturbing but its a great little game despite lasting 4 hours long.

Is Unreal Tournament absolute shite for anyone else? I tried joining online and stuff and it just kept giving me errors.

Single player is boring. I was doing one mission that was fucking ridiculous, ended up losing and decided never to play it again...

Tried today and everything is working. It did crash again though. I've read somewhere that the most common cause of PS3 lock ups is Network errors.

Still it was great when it actually worked. Don't know why you're not all playing it!

I think I'm going to grab Warhawk at some point. As I finish some of my PS3 games I'll most likely get it.

My PS3 wouldn't play any games this morning which was slightly worrying to say the least. The games would load for about 5 seconds then everything would just freeze. So i turned it off and on again (As you do) and now it was telling me i had to format everything. Luckily i had put all my saves onto my flash drive just in case.

My PS3 wouldn't play any games this morning which was slightly worrying to say the least. The games would load for about 5 seconds then everything would just freeze. So i turned it off and on again (As you do) and now it was telling me i had to format everything. Luckily i had put all my saves onto my flash drive just in case.

glup...shoudl really back up my stuff...

The latest issue PSW magazine has confirmed two exciting things:

1 - GTA IV will be updated to include Home support

2 - the PS3 achievement system will give users more than just points... earning in-game trophies will give users items to decorate the Home space with and customise their avatar.

Sony has previously mentioned they wanted a 'deeper' system than a simple 'score' but we've only just had confirmation of how far this will integrate into Home itself.

homethumb5b15doh1.th.png

I still don't care about Home. Will people get as addicted to PS3s achievement system as increasing a score? I'm not convinced.

I wonder how popular Home will actually be. Is everyone here really excited for it? Or are you more curious as to how everything will actually work?

I still don't care about Home. Will people get as addicted to PS3s achievement system as increasing a score? I'm not convinced.

I wonder how popular Home will actually be. Is everyone here really excited for it? Or are you more curious as to how everything will actually work?

I really like the sound of it, mainly for having your own apartment and decorating it to your tastes! Not sure about spending 'real' money to add furniture etc..

I just wish they would release the damn thing now! :D

I've said before they are both equal in my eyes...gamerscore and Home achievements, they are just a means of bragging rights or to increase people's gaming egos, I really don't get why people hold up gamerscores as a holy grail...

Yer i know what you mean flameboy. On the 360 i really enjoyed getting achievments but the gamerscore never bothered me. I liked getting achievments coz i seen it as adding life to a game-trying to get them all kinda thing so i could say 'i did it' Like completing a game on the hardest difficulty kinda thing.

I'm quite curious about home as i don't know much about it.

I may of asked this question before but will the PS3 ever have a system in place where you can read messages and view what your friends are playing without actually having to leave a game?

I may of asked this question before but will the PS3 ever have a system in place where you can read messages and view what your friends are playing without actually having to leave a game?

Yeah its on its way but all we know is that its sometime this year.

I've said before they are both equal in my eyes...gamerscore and Home achievements, they are just a means of bragging rights or to increase people's gaming egos, I really don't get why people hold up gamerscores as a holy grail...

I dont really give a fuck about gamer points but having to leave a game then go into home then look about to see what you and your friends have achieved seems a bit to much to do

You can just press a few buttons, even when in a game to check it on the 360

This is why I think home will fail unless there is a way to check in game

I dont really give a fuck about gamer points but having to leave a game then go into home then look about to see what you and your friends have achieved seems a bit to much to do

You can just press a few buttons, even when in a game to check it on the 360

This is why I think home will fail unless there is a way to check in game

But theres no proof that you have to do all of that...Who knows you may be able to check it all via in game XMB...Sony definitly need to get the right balance between people who will want the social experience and people who would prefer the same functionality at the press of a button...

Yeah its on its way but all we know is that its sometime this year.

Ok cool. Should make things so much better when they do that!

I'm very excited, it sounds awesome.

I promised impressions of God of War PSP, and so here we go.

I havn't played any God of War before this, so dont have anything else to base it on, but my god its a fucking sweet game. It doesnt particularly have any super unique elements, rather it borrows from various other games, but makes the elements somewhat better.

The combat is awesome, kinda like Devil May Cry how it has a rating system, and you get extra orbs depending how good the combo is. The chains are amazing, with like awesome combos you can do. Magic is sweet. Buttons are good.

The "analgoue stick" feels great! Graphics are very good. Basically everything about it is amazing, and Im definitely looking forward to the PS3 version now!

9/10 (so far)

Disgaea hasnt been out of the PSP for so long! (Ive now logged 75 hours on Disgaea, with 5 chapters left out of 14) Heh heh.

Just finished God of War: Chains of Olympus this morning, took 4 hours :( Just like Silent Hill its a great game but far too short. Its amazing how fantastic it looks on the PSP though and it felt just like the PS2 games. Now to wait for GoW3 on the PS3, man thats gonna look sweet.

Just finished God of War: Chains of Olympus this morning, took 4 hours :( Just like Silent Hill its a great game but far too short. Its amazing how fantastic it looks on the PSP though and it felt just like the PS2 games. Now to wait for GoW3 on the PS3, man thats gonna look sweet.

Wait...what...you're kidding! 4 hours? BLEH! Im about 1hour 50 minutes in or so, but Ive only unlocked like level 2 of each the Chains/blades and the Ifreet thing....seems Ive got loads more to unlock.

Damn that sucks, its an amazing game.

Wait...what...you're kidding! 4 hours? BLEH! Im about 1hour 50 minutes in or so, but Ive only unlocked like level 2 of each the Chains/blades and the Ifreet thing....seems Ive got loads more to unlock.

Damn that sucks, its an amazing game.

You may take slightly longer as its your first GoW game but 4-6 hours is about the average length of the game. Like you said though its still an amazing game and I still have some unlockables to get.

Another day and Crisis Core still hasnt arrived. Fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow :)

Once again the Japanese gamers go mad for Monster Hunter and quite rightly so.

According to early sales figures, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G did monster business, selling over 670,000 copies in Japan at launch. That means the sequel out sold the original Monster Hunter Portable, which moved 512,000 copies at launch (497,000 individual copies, plus 15,000 bundles). The breakdown this time around is apparently 652,000 copies of the game and 17,000 PSP game bundles. We'll get official sales data later in the week, but with MHP 2nd G sold out at pretty much every store I've been to, willing to bet these early numbers are pretty accurate.

Source: Kotaku

Know what you mean. I need to get the PS2 ones finished before a PS3 game comes out. It's annoying me that I can't play them on my PS3. I don't want to have to have 4 consoles out. 3 is bad enough.

It's annoying me that I can't play them on my PS3. I don't want to have to have 4 consoles out. 3 is bad enough.

*strokes USA 60GB PS3* :smile:

Got a package through the post today, I opened it thinking it would be Metal Gear Solid collection but it was...

FFVIII... so I was neither dissapointed nor ecstactic :heh: It's a shame that there isn't a way to stretch PS1 games slightly so they fo proper full screen, anyways FFVIII seems good, was only testing it though, will probably play it properly closer to when FFXIII (13?) comes out, whenever that is. :blank:

At least all those NTSC PS2 games I ordered will be full screen though. (I hope) ^^

Know what you mean. I need to get the PS2 ones finished before a PS3 game comes out. It's annoying me that I can't play them on my PS3. I don't want to have to have 4 consoles out. 3 is bad enough.

Aye, its very annoying.

I played the first Monster Hunter for about 5 minutes, but got bored.