NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Does anyone know where I can order a "Deep Red" PSP Slim from?!?...For a reasonable price. I check eBay and its about £150 which is a bit too much me thinks!

Dom add me as a friend. (ID on the left of this post). Not played on CoD4 since getting vegas 2 but wouldn't mind playing some multiplayer on it again some time.

PS3 firmware 2.20 is out, no idea what it does mind.

PS3 firmware 2.20 is out, no idea what it does mind.

Here's a list;

-- "Resume play" will enable PS3 system to start playing a Blu-ray disc

and DVD at the point it was stopped, even if the disc had been

removed.

-- "Audio Output Device" will be a new Remote Play setting, enabling PSP

to serve as a remote control for music played through PS3.

-- PS3 system's Internet browser will be enhanced: Video files directly

linked from a Web page will be able to be streamed, and the browser's

view speed will be improved.

-- DivX and WMV format videos that are larger than 2GB will be playable.

-- "Mosquito Noise Reduction" will be added as an AV setting in the

control panel of the DVD/BD player for improved movie playback

also;

his newest firmware adds a whole boatload of new Blu-ray functionality, included the highly-anticipated BD-Live feature. Expect to see some improvements to DivX playback and PSP/PS3 functionality as well. No in-game XMB this time folks, but it's a worthwhile update regardless.

Letty just bought me Patapon for my birthday (huzzah), got my 4GB memory stick and now just waiting on the actual PSP!

Letty just bought me Patapon for my birthday (huzzah), got my 4GB memory stick and now just waiting on the actual PSP!

Bit early :P Not even your birthday for a good few days yet :P

Bit early :P Not even your birthday for a good few days yet :P

Shes getting me something else which i don't get till my actual birthday. I kinda needed this game or you know i couldn't play my "other games."

I got my PSP. I've seen pics of it before but i never really realised how big the screen is. One thing though, can you update the firmware using USB? It seems the whole system is focused towards WiFi.

Oh and also what cases do people use? I'm definitely not leaving this little beauty out. I'm accident prone :(

You can get offical little foam pouches by Sony. They're pretty good from what i can see.

I havnt got a case so I just leave it out on the desk all the time, to avoid it from being scratched.

Oh god I didn't know you needed to buy a memory card to save your games. I thought i heard that the PSP have some on board memory. Jeez I'll have to fork out for that as well now.

If all you're gunna do i save games, you can get 32mb ones for a few pounds off ebay.

If you're gunna stick movies, music etc. You can get a 4GB or 8GB on for between £20 and £40.

If all you're gunna do i save games, you can get 32mb ones for a few pounds off ebay.

If you're gunna stick movies, music etc. You can get a 4GB or 8GB on for between £20 and £40.

I'll be putting some films and pictures on it so I think I should probably just be safe and get a 8GB one. Does it come with something so I can connect it to the computer or can I do it all when the memory stick is in the PSP connected to the computer via the usb port?

The memory card can be accessed via the USB port when plugged into the PSP.

Or you can get USB card reader and do it directly.

The memory card can be accessed via the USB port when plugged into the PSP.

Or you can get USB card reader and do it directly.

Thanks.

Anyone know where there are some cheap memory cards?

Amazon sell 4gb ones for £30 and 8gb ones for £60. The 4gb is £90 in Sony Centre! £13 new from an amazon seller...

I'm not sure you'll really need an 8gb... perhaps buy a 4gb then buy another if you need it?

Well this is quite a suprise...

Sega is to release Yakuza 2 in Europe, the publisher has just confirmed.

The PS2 title “will be available in stores throughout Europe during 2008,†according to a statement from the company.

“We are thrilled to treat the gamers in Europe to the sequel of the critically acclaimed Yakuza,†said Sega Europe marketing boss Gary Knight. “Yakuza 2 is one of the most requested Japanese titles in our portfolio and we’re delighted to finally announce a European version.â€

Press release after the link.

EARN RESPECT IN THE DEFINITIVE JAPANESE STORY ABOUT HONOUR

Yakuza 2 Confirmed By SEGA Europe For A 2008 Release

LONDON (March 20th, 2008) –SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Yakuza 2™ will be hitting shelves in Europe during 2008 exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The sequel to the critically acclaimed 3rd person action adventure Yakuza features enhanced combat, larger environments and a thrilling storyline continuing a year after Yakuza ended. Yakuza 2 will plunge players deeper into the world of Japan’s notorious underground organisation, where honour and respect are not earned easily.

Kazuma Kiryu, the protagonist of the first Yakuza, is named Fourth Chairman of the Tojo Clan but unexpectedly retires from life in the clan the same day. However, his personally chosen successor is assassinated by a former allied gang called the Omi. These events set in motion an engrossing storyline that sees Kazuma travelling through Japan, on what could be the last opportunity to stave off an all-out war between the Tojo and Omi clans.

“We are thrilled to treat the gamers in Europe to the sequel of the critically acclaimed Yakuza,†said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “Yakuza 2 is one of the most requested Japanese titles in our portfolio and we’re delighted to finally announce a European version.â€

Yakuza 2 will be available in stores throughout Europe during 2008 exclusively for PlayStation 2.

For more information on Yakuza 2 or other SEGA products, please visit http://www.sega-europe.com. For all SEGA assets for Yakuza 2 and all other SEGA titles, please visit http://www.sega-press.com.

Just got Hot Shots Golf, went to play it and you have to install before play :( takes between 10-15 mins, I wasnt really counting but how shit is this !!!

Hope you dont have to install with Metal Gear, that game is hugh will take forever to install

Just got Hot Shots Golf, went to play it and you have to install before play :( takes between 10-15 mins, I wasnt really counting but how shit is this !!!

Hope you dont have to install with Metal Gear, that game is hugh will take forever to install

You played Devil May Cry on ur system? As good as a game that is it really did take a very loooooooooong time to install. Was not amused as i was itching to play it at the time.

I'd say there's a strong case that you'll have too.