NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Burnout 1, 2, 3: Takedown, Revenge, Legends and Dominator are great.

Paradise with its random AI, uncontrolable cars and boring mission structure can go fuck itself.

Paradise with its random AI, uncontrolable cars and boring mission structure can go fuck itself.

I don't think its that bad. Revenge was definitely my favorite. I didn't really care for 1 or 2 and I haven't played Legends.

The online on it is awesome though.

go through the profile section far left of the XMB and then click options and highlight you picture to change it I think...

Just had another look. Yer u can change the profile pic to some different types with different colours where u said it was but is it possible to change ur online pic? I had a look through and could not find how to do it.

I'm trying to find a PSP-2000 hi capacity battery and black back plate together.

I can find just a battery and just a back plate, but apparently you can get them together. Any ideas?

VGP mate if it is instock. If not then it looks like ebay, I had to go with ebay anyway since you only get a sliver and black plate with the battery set.

SO I can play American PS3 games?

I've played Burnout on 360 and thought it was pretty good fun.

What other PS3 games would you recommend? I have ratchet, hated DMC4 and also have Motostorm. There aren't really any other games I want. Orange Box but heard it's better on 360.

VGP mate if it is instock. If not then it looks like ebay, I had to go with ebay anyway since you only get a sliver and black plate with the battery set.

So the battery comes with a black back plate? Score, just what i need.

*orders*

The new one does yeah. Make sure it is the new one. The old battery set doesn't. Make sure that the description says new slim pack version, or it will be no covers with it.

Just preordered my GT5: Prologue and Everybody's Golf ^_^

Just had another look. Yer u can change the profile pic to some different types with different colours where u said it was but is it possible to change ur online pic? I had a look through and could not find how to do it.

Yeah, thats what I was wondering exactly! :heh:

Was attempting to play Warhawk...I can control the planes to save my life!! How they hell do you do it? And then have enough coordination to shoot someone else down!?...Its never taken me this long to get used to a control scheme. I've messed around with the option and I'm still flummoxed. :confused:

Yeah, thats what I was wondering exactly! :heh:

Was attempting to play Warhawk...I can control the planes to save my life!! How they hell do you do it? And then have enough coordination to shoot someone else down!?...Its never taken me this long to get used to a control scheme. I've messed around with the option and I'm still flummoxed. :confused:

Thats the reason why i gave-up on Warhawk! It's such a good game but i can't control the planes either! I played like 10 matches i think, and haven't killed anyone!

Also, i can't download the bloody Omega pack or future packs cause i imported the USA version (and can't buy off the USA store)!

I'm gonna try get back into it soon!

It isn't that hard to fly the planes. Keep it in hover mode if you really have to.

It's like exactly how I use to control Fox's plane in Lylat Wars. Just have to rejig the controls.

Practice makes perfect, I couldn't control the planes at all when I first played it, now I'm pretty good at it, just keep playing and don't give up ^^

Yeah but you've got some awesome Mario Strikers one (And think HoT has an wicked Killzone one..might be mistaken though)...the official ones are a bit lame...there are only about 3 different types, all with colour variations.

Mine came with the console from somewhere it isnt mario strikers its just a flaming football...

I have to disargee...whilst I was skeptical about having another open world game but I love it... have clocked in 13 hours so far....and still going...online is sooo much fun as well...

I found the plane controls easy. I just changed the up controls round.

To change your PSN icon I believe you have to select your name in the furthest right menu, press Triangle and look for some way to edit your profile. The icon for your local PS3 profile is a different thing entirely.

If you're not sure what I mean, think of name you select when you turn your PS3 on as your Windows account — all your saved data is stored under this — and your PSN account is more akin to MSN Messenger — an online account that you can access from any machine.

As for flying in Warhawk, my suggestion would be to switch to 'Pro Flight' and give it some practise in an offline local game, as in just you on your own. It is harder to fly in this mode, but it allows far greater control as you manually control the pitch with the right stick — so you can fly upside down or sideways through narrow gaps, etcetera.

If you really can't get a grip on that then switch it down to normal mode, and if that's giving you trouble... well, practise. You can't expect to be great at everything from the off, especially with a multiplayer-only game as there's no campaign to train you.

Aimless you have Vegas 2 for the PS3 don't you? Is it a shit port or is it the same? I keep hearing different things, the first was a abysmal port.

Think I'm gonna be getting a PS3 soon. Will I need an HDMI cable, or do they come with the console?

Mine came with the console from somewhere it isnt mario strikers its just a flaming football...

Why did mine come with lame one!? :confused::heh:

I'll keep at the Warhawk...its just a bit fiddly atm.

To change your PSN icon I believe you have to select your name in the furthest right menu, press Triangle and look for some way to edit your profile. The icon for your local PS3 profile is a different thing entirely.

If you're not sure what I mean, think of name you select when you turn your PS3 on as your Windows account — all your saved data is stored under this — and your PSN account is more akin to MSN Messenger — an online account that you can access from any machine.

I've changed it to a picture I've got but I'm pretty sure that isn't the one that is displayed online...I'm just getting confused, I'm sure its really simple. I doesn't matter really! :p

Just ordered Call Of Duty 4 from Play.com. It says it's 'STATUS Packing: 23/03/2008'. I'm so pumped, does anyone know when it'll arrive? I don't often order from Play.

Who wants to add me and kick my unexperienced ass at multiplayer? I still haven't played any online games on my PS3. My username thingy is laith1.

Okay thankyou.

It's not too big a deal, you can get HDMI cables for a £5 that will work perfectly.

Aimless you have Vegas 2 for the PS3 don't you? Is it a shit port or is it the same? I keep hearing different things, the first was a abysmal port.

I believe it's rather shoddy on both consoles, so it isn't just 'portitis'. It's certainly a joke when you switch from the super-smooth CoD4 to Vegas 2's juddering blurriness.

However, online Versus is broken on the PS3. And I do actually mean that, it's near impossible to join a game. They're "working on it" apparently, but you'd have hoped they'd have been doing that in the year or so since the first one.

In short, do not buy it. You'll be able to pick it up for peanuts in a few months anyway, and they might have patched the game into a condition suitable for a retail product by then.