NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

The US PSN store has had a great update today. It got Condemned 2 DEMO, Sega Superstars Tennis DEMO, Soul Calibur 4 trailer, Motorstorm 2 trailer and GT5P Jap intro, all of which im on downloading now!

PAIN (Plus extra characters) £4.99, 69p per extra

Motorstorm 2 trailer

Strangehold map pack £9.99

Are you sure PAIN is out??

Pain is out... it seems pretty expensive though for a single level and character.

The US PSN store has had a great update today. It got Condemned 2 DEMO, Sega Superstars Tennis DEMO, Soul Calibur 4 trailer, Motorstorm 2 trailer and GT5P Jap intro, all of which im on downloading now!

Thanks for the info about the Condemned 2 demo :) Downloading now

Yep i'm downloading the Conndemned 2 demo! Got Superstar Tennis yesterday for 360 and surprisingly love it! Brings back Dreamcast memories!

Just went round town looking for any good PSP deals. Surprisingly the best one, well pretty much the only one, was at zavvi/virgin. You get system with either metal gear portable opps or burnout dominator for £130!!!. There were 3 other games you could get with it but they weren't any good from what i remember.

I didn't get it there and because I'll wait till monday so I can use my mum's virgin card to get 10%. I'll probably get Monster Hunter 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics on the buy one get one free deal at game. Only annoying thing is that FFT is £30 so it'll be like getting em both for £15 which is pretty cheap but FFT seems overpriced.

Oh yeah and I wish I didn't know about the American games industry sometimes so then I wouldn't have it in my mind that Patapon is $20/£10 when I'm walking round these shops and seeing it for £25. It totally turns me off from buying it till it drops in price, no mater how good it is.

Oh yeah and I wish I didn't know about the American games industry sometimes so then I wouldn't have it in my mind that Patapon is $20/£10 when I'm walking round these shops and seeing it for £25. It totally turns me off from buying it till it drops in price, no mater how good it is.

You could import it? PSP games are region free, so it'll work fine.

I got Sega Superstars Tennis on PS3 yesterday and I agree with Owen - it feels like a Dreamcast game (which is a good thing). It couldn't be any more Sega-ish if it tried. How many people are playing it online on 360 as the PS3 online play is a bit dead just now?

Hmm I read this on IGN's review of MGS essential collection...

"There is, however, one significant downside to this re-released setup, which relates to the save mechanic. The title only recognizes original PSOne Memory Cards to save your progress; no changes have been made to recognize the PS2 Memory cards in any way, so unless you can track down one of those old cards for a PS2, or you create a memory card on your PS3, you won't be able to save at all. Were this collection held on a single Blu-ray, this would make sense, but since everything is essentially aimed for a PS2 audience, this seems flawed."

So basically all I have to do is create a memory card on the PS3 (which I assume is a virtual one) and I should be fine? :blank:

So basically all I have to do is create a memory card on the PS3 (which I assume is a virtual one) and I should be fine? :blank:

Yeah, it'll take you all of 30 seconds.

Their point was simply that if you had a PS2 you'd have to track down an original PlayStation memory card, which could be a problem if you didn't already have one.

Ah cool, I thought that was what they were saying, wasn't 100% sure though, thanks Aimless. :smile:

Hopefully it should arrive in the post in a few days. ^^

Currently bidding on a black PSP Slim M33 firmware on eBay. Hope i win :)

Downloaded Everyday Shooter the other day and OMG its awesome...actually prefer it to Geometry Wars..love the style and the music. Not as impressed with Loco Roco not worth £2 anyway

Just a quick question. Do all PS3 games run at 720p resolution max? Why don't they do 1080i/p??

GT5 Prologue is 1080p isnt it?

Yeah it is.

However, theres no FFAA in 1080p unless you're in a replay.

GT5 Prologue is 1080p isnt it?

Is that the only one? Are games going to eventually come out in 1080p as standard?

Is that the only one? Are games going to eventually come out in 1080p as standard?

1080p is incredibly hard to get out of a system. Those kind of resolutions require a stupid amount of ram. Something the PS3 just doesn't have.

1080p is incredibly hard to get out of a system. Those kind of resolutions require a stupid amount of ram. Something the PS3 just doesn't have.

Ahh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up, maybe next gen then! :heh:

Replying to eariler posts about sega superstar tennis:

I have got it for PS3 and have been playing it a little bit online. Does seem abit dead when searching for games. Also when i look on the leaderboards it has me as 25th or somethin. While seems a little high considering i have only played about 15 games...

Replying to eariler posts about sega superstar tennis:

I have got it for PS3 and have been playing it a little bit online. Does seem abit dead when searching for games. Also when i look on the leaderboards it has me as 25th or somethin. While seems a little high considering i have only played about 15 games...

Is this Sega Tennis? Noticed you on it a far bit the other day... may get it once it goes cheaper...

Is this Sega Tennis? Noticed you on it a far bit the other day... may get it once it goes cheaper...

Yer it is. Been playing mainly the single player mode with a few online games in between. I got it for £30 off gameplay but think they have put there price up already.

Just checked the leaderboards on it. Apparantly im 27th in the world... Not many ppl are currently playing it online on PS3 then...

Yeah I've noticed that. Everytime I go to play a game online I either lose my connection or there's just nobody to play against. Its getting a bit annoying:shakehead

As a side note though - Happy 1st Birthday (PAL) PS3.