NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Ah cool thanks :) one final (possibly stupid) question... would it be possible to stack my PS3 on top of my 360 without risk of damaging the 360? or is the PS3 just too damn heavy for me to be even considering that? :blank:

Ah, somehow I thought it might, just wanted some sort of confirmation, thanks, I'll do the sensible thing and give it a shelf of it's own with plenty of ventilation. :smile:

Okay, I never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking of getting a PS3. Now bluray has won the format war I'm thinking of getting in on his HD DVD malarky!! To be honest I'm not THAT bothered about the games, have a 360 and rarely play that, though littlebigplanet is pretty exciting. Just wondered if anyone knew of any good deals to get and whether it's actually worth it.

im in the same situation as you, was considering a 360 but now blu ray has won the format war ill prob get a ps3, prob not for a while though.

the bluray winning kinda swayed me...I didn't want to get a console with a dead media. but it is mostly because of the great games due out this year...

The next year does look good for my PS3. I traded my 360 in for it in january but i shall be re-buying a 360 probably at the end of the year when Gears of War 2 comes out...

Gives me a chance to properly save up for it. If i had the money now i prob would of kept my 360 and got the PS3 also.

I sold my 360 in January and got my PS3 after having been anti-Sony for years. I had a few wobbles last month where I was thinking of selling it and getting a new 360 but now I'm so glad I stuck with my Sony machine. Blu-ray winning the HD war has definately buoyed up my spirits and with PlayTV coming soon as well as all the great games to come through 2008 and beyond (and hopefully the end of 360-port-itis that we saw througout 2007) I think I've made the right choice.

check the warhawk thread for the impending game that has started

Awesome Burnout game flameboy! That last race was fucking funny. I knew from I had to head as close to the sea as possible to take the straight bridge because the other one, which I think you took, was about 5 times longer!

I need to play it a lot more and get some cars that aren't a load of shite! :p

I only have the first 2! :D

Also jumping into the online game was seamless! Kudos to whoever pulled that off! No point in paying for XBL if stuff like this is free.

Awesome Burnout game flameboy! That last race was fucking funny. I knew from I had to head as close to the sea as possible to take the straight bridge because the other one, which I think you took, was about 5 times longer!

I need to play it a lot more and get some cars that aren't a load of shite! :p

I only have the first 2! :D

Also jumping into the online game was seamless! Kudos to whoever pulled that off! No point in paying for XBL if stuff like this is free.

yeah awesome games. I was gutted when I realised I had taken the wrong route and then took a wrong turn so knew I had no chance! Yeah the online is seamless and uses your normal friend list which is awesome...just annoying that you cant send messages...although could chat with mics

I'm probably late, but http://www.jeuxvideo.com (or however you spell it) will be showing the first footage of 'Motorstorm 2' tomorrow.

I'm a little skeptical, BUT BBC news has stated they've seen it and it's set in a tropical setting and will have multiplayer! Hopefully this information about the first video being shown will be true, as i'm looking forward to seeing it!

So MGS4, Killzone 2, LBP, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 etc..etc..all for this year?! I think Sony's end of year sales will be HUGE!

I'm a little skeptical, BUT BBC news has stated they've seen it and it's set in a tropical setting and will have multiplayer! Hopefully this information about the first video being shown will be true, as i'm looking forward to seeing it!

An Evo employee posts at another forum I frequent, and he says it's the real deal.

I know the dualshock 3 controller isn't out in the uk yet but is it due out in the near future?

If i imported it anyone got any recommended places for this and roughly how much it would cost? Oh and does it work fine on a UK PS3?

I want a second controller but i think i would rather get that than another standard sixaxis one.

I know the dualshock 3 controller isn't out in the uk yet but is it due out in the near future?

If i imported it anyone got any recommended places for this and roughly how much it would cost? Oh and does it work fine on a UK PS3?

I want a second controller but i think i would rather get that than another standard sixaxis one.

It would cost pretty much £35. Universally the cheapest price from various revenues.

It would cost pretty much £35. Universally the cheapest price from various revenues.

Ok, tar. Will it be compatable with a UK console and could u recommend an import site if u have used any (I am a virgin when it comes to importing)?

Joypads, memory cards and games are all TOTALLY region free (unless you have an SDTV, then its likely alot of games will not work from other regions) on the PS3.

I got mine off eBay for about £40+ postage.

My USA 60GB PS3 has finally arrived! :yay:

Haven't opened it yet but I'll no doubt be posting here again once I've confirmed it's working etc. :smile:

Yes Asia - £35

Play Asia - £30.50

Both places are very reliable and I've used them both a lot never having a problem. Postage isn't too bad, when I got mine before Christmas I had it in my hands for under £30.