NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I should have bought a retail copy of Warhawk but I've got it now.

I've just played some more. It really is fun, even if I just die and die and die it's fun.

I killed you many times at Robs last night. The sky level and those rocket turrets. They were me lol.

Is it possible to use custom soundtrack on the PS3 like on the 360??

Don't think so because there is no in game XMB. I'm assuming one would solve the problem and you would be able to.

Is it possible to use custom soundtrack on the PS3 like on the 360??

Yes and no. It's part of the SDK should developers wish to integrate it — Super Stardust HD has the functionality as does... something else I can't remember — however you can't override every game's audio as you can with the 360.

If done right I prefer the per-game method as it allows for more flexibility; say with GTA4 you could make a playlist for a custom radio station as opposed to having your own music on all the time. There's a notable lack of people bothering to put the function in their games, though. Fair enough if it's an RPG or other story-based game, but I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed custom soundtracks in racing or multiplayer games.

The lack of ingame XMB is a real drag. I wanna check my messages and not have to leave the game! :indeed:

I'm going to attempt to join flameboy on some Burnout Paradise banter later. Anyone care to join? I'm not 100% going to be playing because I'm not sure if my sisters have planned anything for mothers day but if I'm home I'll hopefully be on!

I dont think there is a way to play PS1 UK games on a US PS3 but if there is let me know...

I want to play on metal gear again and only got the UK version of the game. Anyone know where I could get the US version of metal gear ?

Thx

Persona 3 is extremely addictive. I should really be doing homework/revision...

Fuck that. *goes back to living fake life*

The lack of ingame XMB is a real drag. I wanna check my messages and not have to leave the game! :indeed:

I'm going to attempt to join flameboy on some Burnout Paradise banter later. Anyone care to join? I'm not 100% going to be playing because I'm not sure if my sisters have planned anything for mothers day but if I'm home I'll hopefully be on!

Yeah saw your message...was playing Half Life 2 when you replied...so annoying having to come out out of a game to read messages.

Anyway..I'm just watching Everton V Portsmouth then will be back online so will search you out...

I have a little problem-

How do I get my external hard drive to work with my ps3? I have death note in divx format and I wanna watch it on my telly...

The ps3 won't recognise the HDD, but it recognises my PSP as an external storage device. I tried renaming folders to 'MUSIC' 'VIDEO' 'PHOTO' etc, but that wouldn't work.

It's a seagate harddrive, if that helps...

Is it formatted to Fat32?

I have no idea! Do I have to do that? How do I do it?

Thankyou!

Plug it into your computer. Put on the files on the desktop cause everything on your HDD will be wiped. Go to my computer then click properties on the drive, then format and set it to FAT32 and do a quick format.

I think that's how you do it, I'm on a Mac atm so i can't fully remember.

Thanks! But I'm afraid I have another problem-

on the Format Removable Disk thingy it only says:

'Capacity 232 GB'

'File System - NTFS'

'Allocation Unit Size - 4096 Bytes'

'Volume Label - Removable Disk'

I can't find anything that says anything about FAT32, what should I do?

With most of the games i have played for the first time it installs 'game data'. I'm just wondering what this is actually for? Coz when i played on Devil May Cry 4 for the first time it seemed to take forever to download this game data and it took the piss abit.

Okay, I never thought I'd say this but I'm thinking of getting a PS3. Now bluray has won the format war I'm thinking of getting in on his HD DVD malarky!! To be honest I'm not THAT bothered about the games, have a 360 and rarely play that, though littlebigplanet is pretty exciting. Just wondered if anyone knew of any good deals to get and whether it's actually worth it.

It's the way the PS3 works, it loads data off the HDD as well as the Disk.

Edit: Dazzybee check my thread in the Bargain Board.

Anyone else have any questions haha?

It's the way the PS3 works, it loads data off the HDD as well as the Disk.

Edit: Dazzybee check my thread in the Bargain Board.

Anyone else have any questions haha?

Ok tar. Heres another one for you!

What benifits does that bring if any? Or is it just the way it was designed. I'm a curious person.

On Play £300 with drakes and ninja gaiden. Prob gonna get this!!!!!

Woot! USA PS3 60GB in as new condition get! :smile: managed to get one with Motorstorm, and one Bluray - Underworld Evolution, all for around £360 which I don't think is too bad considering the varying prices Pal PS3 60GB's are going for, the ones I've seen are selling for even more than I paid for my US one. :S

Picked up a HDMI 1.3 a cable while I was at it and a cheap copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma. :)

A couple of questions though, is there anything I need to know about the US PS3 thats different to the Pal PS3? I went for a US one due to it's superior backwards compatibility, I know it's region free for PS3 games and region coded for PS2 games / most Bluray but is there anything else I need to know about it specs wise?

Also, it'll have some data allready on it from the previous owner, he said he's updated it to the lastest firmware though, so I assume all I will need to delete is his PSN tag, game saves and net connection data and no need for a complete factory reset or anything? :wtf:

Ok tar. Heres another one for you!

What benifits does that bring if any? Or is it just the way it was designed. I'm a curious person.

Load times mainly as Blu-ray disks spin quite slow.

Also S.C.G when you get it just format the Hard Drive, it should just take about 5-10 seconds and you won't have to worry about a thing.

Next please.

Load times mainly as Blu-ray disks spin quite slow.

Also S.C.G when you get it just format the Hard Drive, it should just take about 5-10 seconds and you won't have to worry about a thing.

Next please.

Tar again.

Sorry mate i can't think of any more questions for u sorry. If i can think of any more i know where to come!

We need an N-e Warhawk night. Seriously, we all join a server and go on the same team and kick ass.

Ah cool, I guess that means I'll need to re-download all the firmware updates etc again though? But I'm guessing that shouldn't take long. :heh: