NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I've traded US DS games in at GAME before, and seen them for sale. They don't scan, but the person at the till simply inputs them manually.

Mileage may vary, of course: I think it's dependant on who serves you as I very much doubt it's company policy.

I asked at Gamestation once, trying to get rid of Pac Pix. They said they didn't accept US games.

Gah, i might just ebay my US and trade in MY English ones, cannot be arsed ebaying ALL of them.

HMV seem to have details of the UK release of Prologue:

A first for the franchise - 'Gran Turismo 5 Prologue' supports online racing with up to 16 drivers racing simultaneously on a beautifully rendered race track.

Race up to 50 high-performance and exhaustively detailed cars - including vehicles from Ferrari, Lotus, Nissan and Mitsubishi.

Race on five stunningly realistic tracks - including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes.

A new physics engine delivers next-generation vehicle handling - True to the heritage of the Gran Turismo franshise, this new physics engine provides unprecedented realism and authentic handling specific to each car.

A new in-cockpit view - provides a unique perspective for racers and features a customized dashboard for each of the cars in 'Gran Turismo 5 Prologue'

All-new and improved opponent AI - for a nail-biting and more strategic race racing experience

Access to Gran Turismo TV - a clearinghouse of great motoring TV (video) programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) online through PLAYSTATION Network.

My Garage - a personalized homepage feature with a friends list, chat functionality and personal game records to expand the interaction between car enthusiasts in the world of GT.

Quick Tune facility - allows you to adjust power, tires, suspension and more.

'Gran Turismo 5 Prologue' runs in stunning High Definition at 1080p - race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps

Photo Mode - gives players the opportunity to photograph their car during the race where they can take advantage of zoom, depth of field and motion blur.

The bolded stuff isnt in the JP version. GTTV on the JP version doesnt have any english or pay for content yet either. My Garage is in the JP version but its missing chat and friends

Online events are likely similar to JP version,where events are set by Polyphony and kept online for 2 weeks or 1 week at a time. This mixes things up nicely and keeps the competition balanced. :smile: Makes you want to check back to see what they add next.

Photo mode sounds exciting if true but its never been mentioned for the JP version

"Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (PS3)"

"Burnout Paradise (PS3)"

"HDMI Cable (PS3)"

"Sony Playstation 3 Console (40GB Version)"

"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)"

All for £353.56. Is this a good deal??

Cool, I'm just checking the price is good!!

When I was entering the promotional code I pressed return and I got a page saying "order confirmed". I freaked out because I didn't meant to do it and I didn't know if I could cancel the order! Luckily I could!

What/How is the PSP homebrew like?

I want to play Final Fantasy VII as I never have (kinda) is it possible.

Im not for illegal, but Id be curious if it was possible to do on illegal (though I would never do it)

If you have a custom firmware PSP with a certain application you can play any PSX games on the PSP.

If you have a custom firmware PSP with a certain application you can play any PSX games on the PSP.

Is that hardware or software?

It's software, but you need a certain modified battery to install the software on to the PSP. Or like me, I just bought a PSP slim off ebay with it already on. :D

Whats it called for the batteries? Are they cheap (if you know) I may Ebay one.

They're called Pandora batteries. If you don't know anyone with one and aren't too handy with a soldering iron, apparently this one from Datel works fine.

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't have custom firmware on their PSP, so that's all I can tell you.

Thanks for the help fellas. Ill do it one day, but too many games to play at the moment/forseeable future.

My old PSP doesn't have custom firmware, but my new Slim one does. It's a very handy feature. :)

Just a question, is there anyway to get the demos of the PSN games? There seem to be about 2 on the PlaystationStore. Am I missing something?

So you can warez games like a little shit? :D

Nah don't really warez PSP games. mainly Emu stuff and the like.

Just a question, is there anyway to get the demos of the PSN games? There seem to be about 2 on the PlaystationStore. Am I missing something?

Unlike on Live Marketplace, Trials/Demos aren't mandatory for downloadable titles. Also, the US store seems to have the occasional demo for a game that we don't: you can buy Toy Home from the EU store, but the demo is only available from the American store.

It's definitely something that needs to be tightened up. All downloads have the potential to be marked with an expiry date, so hopefully they'll utilise them in future for timed demos.

I have a question regarding the psp.

Basicly I have a PSP Phat, but some of the screws have come out, so the analogue nub isn't quite touching, so the controls are fucked.

I was thinking about getting a psp slim, but I want to keep my CF capabilities.

Would I be able to take the part that keeps the firmware and swap it into my PSP lite?

If not, I guess I'll just have to get a PSP phat and swap that instead.

Got really bored so intead of waiting for the HDMI cable I played some more Resistance.

I'm not sure what I think of it yet. It's a pretty good run and gun kind of game. You do have to take some cover sometimes but in the end, on easy, I can just run up to the Chimera shooting them in the face and I happen to pick up some health while I'm there aswell.

Don't know how far I'm into it yet, I just got out of Manchester Cathedral (:P) and I'm in the back alley ways.

Can anyone tell me how long it is? How far I am in relation.