NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Well if you get the 40Gig you wont be able to play PS2 games but you can play PSOne games though. The PS2 games list is over at the official Playstation website. You may want to pick up a headset but if you get Warhawk in the shops you get that free.

So I got Uncharted, just got up to the bit that's in the demo before I had to drop everything and leave my PS3 for a week for christmas. Bloody good though, watching the cut scenes back one after the other is as good at watching scenes from any tv show or movie, and there's not many other games I can say that about. I just hope the whole game carries on in this way.

I'm not really sure about the game so far. I really enjoyed the opening 30-45 minutes, but I've heard that there is a LOT of shooting in the game and at the start of part 4 there's quite a lot. So I'm really enjoying it but I really do hope it doesn't turn into run into an area and shoot everyone in so of an experience.

Correct. I couldnt hear what you were saying it was so low. I invited you to 360 chat and you werent there, and you werent playing anything for like 5 minutes

Ahhh, fuck it. I might as well get one, free decent online (nodding at the Wii) is a good incentive, Pro Evo and pro Street are as well. Who plays online on the aforementioned games?

Knowing me I will most likely buy all 3 consoles. Once something like Final Fantasy XIII comes out I will get one.

I have a ps3 now its pretty awsome when you play it , Signed up to playstation network and have no friends :(

So it's gone then Jimjebus?

Now I really want one, only just to unpack it and set it up. Then play around with it for a while.

A sort of fetish I have, I love the smell of those plastic bags freshly opened.

I have a ps3 now its pretty awsome when you play it , Signed up to playstation network and have no friends :(

WHAT IS YOUR TAG MATE.

Indeed, spread the joy.

Did you give Rob Crash Team Racing last night, Matt?

I love Crash Team Racing, the first and best game I got for my PS1 (I think it was my first game too, I can't remember if I got a Game Boy before it...). A new version or the PS1 version?

Indeed, spread the joy.

Did you give Rob Crash Team Racing last night, Matt?

'No offence but Im not going to give it to you'

I'm a fairly far way into Uncharted. Great game.

The gun play is pretty hard, and i've finished Gears on Insane. Played a few demos, nothing really impresses me tbh. Rachet seems fun, very pretty but very easy.

Heavenly sword, is a really, really button mashy God of War.

Folklore = meh

Also, did they ever release an EU Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo? O_o

I'm into Uncharted as well, but it's getting a bit too gun heavy. It's a bit too much like get to a new area, clear it of bad guys (who all look the same) and move on to the next. Even some of the platforming bits (which are fecking brilliant) are then ruined slightly by more bad guys shooting at you.

I want a relaxing 10-15 minutes of jumping around and climbing like at the beginning of the game before you bumped into all of them.

Also, everythings very set out and linear. Like the only route across this cliff are these very obvious grooves in the rock.

Still, it really is a brilliant game, I just hope I'm not too bored of shooting everything in sight by the end of it.

Yaaaaaay!!!

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness has consumed my whole evening ^_^ Such an awesome game, can't wait till i can unlock the Etna campaign mode thingy!

Right, i have 2 weeks off starting on the 1st of January. Do i:

A) Buy The Witcher, Crysis and World in Conflict for PC (plus whatever is going cheap in the sales) - £100 tops

B) Buy a Wii - £200

C) Buy a PS3 - £300

D) Stop being an idiot and save my cash - £free

Posting it in here because tbh i doubt i'll get a proper opinion in any other thread.

Wii supply isn't an issue, i can get my hands on them if i need one. Im only getting a PS3 if i can get a 60GB version, PS2 compatibility is a high priority.

Whats holding me back is i've never owned a Playstation before, i've no idea if i like the Metal Gear series, or the Final Fantasy series. I do know GT5 isn't my thing. With the Wii i know i'll like Smash Bros and Fire Emblem, not overly bothered about anything else so far though.

If i buy a new console i'll be very skint, no Rock Band or GHII for me and probably have to miss DMC4 too in favour of Vegas 2. Basically i'll be down to a game a month from now til the summer.

Is PS2 backwards compatibility really that big of an issue for you? I don't know if 60GB PS3s are still available are they?

If you have a HDTV and are interested in Blu Ray movies then I'd say go for a PS3.

How interested are you in Littlebigplanet? Quite a few of us are getting PS3s now so the community thing with the Xbox that we have on here could soon be the same with the PS3, so thats something else to consider.

Think about how much you'll play on the Wii as well. I can't really think of anything I want to play on Wii next year, how much do you love Smash Bros? Have you played Mario Galaxy yet? Game of the year for me and worth owning a Wii for. So er.. I've not really helped have I?

I'm glad I own all 3 lol :p

A) Buy The Witcher, Crysis and World in Conflict for PC (plus whatever is going cheap in the sales) - £100 tops

B) Buy a Wii - £200

C) Buy a PS3 - £300

D) Stop being an idiot and save my cash - £free

Posting it in here because tbh i doubt i'll get a proper opinion in any other thread.

Wii supply isn't an issue, i can get my hands on them if i need one. Im only getting a PS3 if i can get a 60GB version, PS2 compatibility is a high priority.

Whats holding me back is i've never owned a Playstation before, i've no idea if i like the Metal Gear series, or the Final Fantasy series. I do know GT5 isn't my thing. With the Wii i know i'll like Smash Bros and Fire Emblem, not overly bothered about anything else so far though.

If i buy a new console i'll be very skint, no Rock Band or GHII for me and probably have to miss DMC4 too in favour of Vegas 2. Basically i'll be down to a game a month from now til the summer.

I say wait for Smash bros if considering getting a Wii, because (after playing the 2 or 3 good original games) you quickly get bored of it I wonder why you got one, particularly if you're a seasoned 360 player...Trust me.

Firstly, what the heck is up with your name Caris?

Secondly, Resistance GET!

I'm a fairly far way into Uncharted. Great game.

The gun play is pretty hard, and i've finished Gears on Insane. Played a few demos, nothing really impresses me tbh. Rachet seems fun, very pretty but very easy.

Heavenly sword, is a really, really button mashy God of War.

Folklore = meh

Also, did they ever release an EU Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo? O_o

Yeah i found the gun play a little weird at first but now its second nature to me. I finished the game again yesterday on Hard now I just need to get my final medal which is finish the game on Crushing difficulty.

Does anyone else really love the pistol in the game? I use that all the time to get more accurate headshots.

For me its easily GOTY. I just love the soundtrack especially the opening title music. I love the characters, the visuals, the gameplay, the dialogue, I love everything about this game!

As for the Ninja Gaiden demo, yeah it was on there a while ago, dont know why its not now. You should really access the US store as its so much better.

Just set up another profile and then when it comes to typing in an address just put California for the State and 90210 for the postcode. You cant put anything for the mian address.

You just have to ask yourself what games do you want on the PS3. If you are after a 60Gig then you should check Argos. I was in there this morning picking up Resistance and they have the 60Gig with 2 games for £350. As I said to Stef the other day and as That Guy has said the backwards compatibility isnt all its cracked up to be but I suppose its worth having a bigger hard drive.

If you are wanting a Wii just for Smash then just wait as by the time it does get released there should be more traditional games out on the machine.

You just have to ask yourself what games do you want on the PS3. If you are after a 60Gig then you should check Argos. I was in there this morning picking up Resistance and they have the 60Gig with 2 games for £350. As I said to Stef the other day and as That Guy has said the backwards compatibility isnt all its cracked up to be but I suppose its worth having a bigger hard drive.

If you are wanting a Wii just for Smash then just wait as by the time it does get released there should be more traditional games out on the machine.

Well that's a piss take, the 2 games with 60GB PS3.

Offer ends 24th December 2007.

*cries*

Yaaaaaay!!!

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness has consumed my whole evening ^_^ Such an awesome game, can't wait till i can unlock the Etna campaign mode thingy!

Damn right it's awesome! I finished the PS2 one and I'm still loving the PSP version, I also can't wait till Etna mode! :D

For me Backward compat is a BIG BIG thing. I'm happy that I got a US 60GB as PS2 (alot of my ps2 games are us versions) games look god damn awful on a HDTV without been upscaled. All work fine with the first release PS3 from America! :D

Firstly, what the heck is up with your name Caris?

It's my online Alias when i'm owning.