NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Welcome to the Playstation discussion thread. Please use this thread for discussion relating to Sony's Playstation 3 (PS3) console, Playstation 2 (PS2) console and Playstation Portable (PSP) Handheld.

For big releases please start individual game threads.

EDIT: The old PS2, PS3 and PSP topics are still around, merged in to one "archive" topic. Just do a forum search if you need to look at it.

Edited by Cube

So has anyone got the new slim PSP yet? Is there a noticeable/worth getting difference between the old and the new one?

I keep going backwards and forwards on whether to get another PS3 and to add more confusion I dont know whenther to get a black console so I can play UK Blu-Ray dvds or go for the better looking white version but then I will have to import my Blu-Rays. I hate it when I have to make these kinds of decisions.

Don't import, you will regret it.

Well the console itself is in the UK and its slightly cheaper than the UK models.

I thought Blu-Ray was region free?

Games are region free (I think), movies aren't.

HD-DVD is not Blu Ray.

Where are the white ones Adam, Maughn Micro's?

Nah although there could be in stock there. There are people selling them on ebay in the uk. Has Rob decided if hes getting one yet?

Any of you importing Unreal Tourny III? Its out this week in yankee land.

I'm importing yeah i think i'm ordering one for Rob aswell. Gonna order a Duelshock 3 for Christmas aswell as Rachet,Resistance,Uncharted and well alot of game support rumble now.

By the way i wouldn't get one of Ebay as it won't have any sort of warrenty.

I'm importing yeah i think i'm ordering one for Rob aswell. Gonna order a Duelshock 3 for Christmas aswell as Rachet,Resistance,Uncharted and well alot of game support rumble now.

By the way i wouldn't get one of Ebay as it won't have any sort of warrenty.

Yeah thats what im worried about. Stinks as I really love the white model aswell.

I would just get a black one bud, the novelty of the colour will proboly where off in a week anyways.

I would just get a black one bud, the novelty of the colour will proboly where off in a week anyways.

True but still....

Where you importing Unreal from? Many a peeps on ebay are selling it in the uk for around £34.99-£37.99 like here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-NEW-GAME-UNREAL-TOURNAMENT-III-3_W0QQitemZ360003489008QQihZ023QQcategoryZ117562QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I havent really looked into Unreal and was just reading around and found out that Unreal has 4 player online co-op for the campaign mode, awesome!

Has Rob decided if hes getting one yet?

I dont know rob, are you getting a pstripple?

Maybe I dont know if i am a sony fanboy.

ok.

But seriously? I am defo getting one

g-r-8 m8

I've got interested in the PS3 all of a sudden (The Wii isn't really doing everythign i want) and have decided to get one for Christmas :D

I was thinking Uncharted, COD4 and Ratchet for the games, but i don't really know.

Anyway to my question. Which would be better to use, component (I only have one and the Wii uses it) or HDMI-DVI cabled thing. I just don't know how the audio works with the HDMI-DVI though.

HDMI-DVI

You'd either need separate audio cables or a cable that splits the HDMI in to Video and Sound

Does anyone know if the White PS3 will ever get released in Europe?

As that would be the day I purchase one, all my other consoles are white, 360, Wii, DS and my soon to be White PSP.

Would just go well together!

I havent really looked into Unreal and was just reading around and found out that Unreal has 4 player online co-op for the campaign mode, awesome!

I preordered this a few weeks back from VGP!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for offline multiplayer and BOTS! Will it have them?

I really want Uncharted now! I'm counting down the days till Christmas where i can start this exceptional game! :yay:

I preordered this a few weeks back from VGP!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for offline multiplayer and BOTS! Will it have them?

I really want Uncharted now! I'm counting down the days till Christmas where i can start this exceptional game! :yay:

Yeah I think it has BOTS in it. Some guy on G-Faqs was on about how they trash talk to you or something like that.

Heres a preview.

http://uk.ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/unreal-tournament-2007/771700p1.html

Has anybody got a site which sells official component cables. Ive googled and it come up with trash sites