NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Just Cause 2 peaks at about three to five hours, when you've played long enough to know what you're doing, but not long enough to have realized that that's all you'll be doing for the entire game.

Once I got Kingdoms of Amalur I realised not only that I had actually heard of it but I did download and complete the demo when it came out too. Weird how that just fell out of my head.

Demon's Souls is great. Since Dark Souls didn't really progress the concept or visuals much it could well just be an expansion for that. Funny how it explains so much that I was left in the dark with for Dark Souls though.

Once I got Kingdoms of Amalur I realised not only that I had actually heard of it but I did download and complete the demo when it came out too. Weird how that just fell out of my head.

You were probably just playing the demo so you could unlock Mass Effect armour that you would never use.

Just Cause 2 peaks at about three to five hours, when you've played long enough to know what you're doing, but not long enough to have realized that that's all you'll be doing for the entire game.

Yeah I can see that happening. I mean I'm enjoying rampaging around now but can see it getting old. One thing I hate that it does along with Saints Row 2 is make you do a ton of destruction/side missions that soon get boring before you can do next story mission. Quite annoying and artificially elongates the games length.

Edited by flameboy

Yeah, it's really not a good game, but parts of it are great.

JUST CAUSE 2 IS FUCKING AMAZING! That is all.....

I always had trouble with Just Cause 2. The controls felt way too loose for me.

I felt like that's a by product of all the crazy shit you can do.

I also hated the parachute mechanic. It was too easy to move around with it.

PlayStation Russia have posted the next few months of PS+ on a Russian social media site.

July:

Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Payday: The Heist (PS3)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

Unit 13 (Vita)

August:

DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3)

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Little King's Story (Vita)

When Vikings Attack (Vita)

You were probably just playing the demo so you could unlock Mass Effect armour that you would never use.

That would be why I recognised that game name as well! haha

Payday:The Heist was unavailable to purchase when I checked the online store this morning so maybe the Russian site is correct.

Literally bought Spec Ops: The Line on Friday. Just completed it. It's fucking excellent.

Definitely would be up for Battlefield 3 and DmC, also Little King Story for Vita.

PlayStation Russia have posted the next few months of PS+ on a Russian social media site.

July:

Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Payday: The Heist (PS3)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

Unit 13 (Vita)

August:

DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3)

Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Little King's Story (Vita)

When Vikings Attack (Vita)

Definitely up for some Battlefield, DMC and Spec Ops. I have Payday and love it! Despite it getting delayed from Summer to Autumn for no reason in Europe when it eventually did release (like the week before the latest COD game) it was well worth the wait. Super excited for the sequel that seems to be taking the ideas further.

Looking forward to all of those :D Except BF3 which I played to death ages ago and Spec Ops which is the most overrated game of all time.

I would call a game that got 77% on metacritic overrated.

Looking forward to all of those :D Except BF3 which I played to death ages ago and Spec Ops which is the most overrated game of all time.

You're confusing "over" and "under".

Sure, it doesn't have the best gameplay, but the narrative is among the best in gaming.

I feel it's overrated not by the media but by the players touting it as being amazing narrative, and suggesting that makes up for bland gameplay and poor AI. Sure compared to the average military shooter it has its moments, plot-wise - a commentary on the illusion of choice and distancing yourself from your actions etc etc, but I feel that drawing the comparison to any other dusty modern war game is the only reason people are landing on the idea that it's anything but average (and it's not hard to land on a positive with that distinction).

It's Heart of Darkness: The Videogame. What's not to like?

I thought the gameplay was a lot of fun, tbh. The AI was also pretty good. Better than Uncharted probably - or at the least I never felt cheated like I did playing Uncharted.

And Bruce Boxleitner is in it. Awesome.

Really fucked off with FIFA right now. Just beat a guy 2-0 and he disconnected at the kick off after the second goal and somehow it didn't give me the win! Only ever seems to happen when playing against people who play as either Mexican or Brazilian teams but normally at least get the win.

Fortnightly Indie Deals Coming To PSN

Sony has announced that select indie titles will be put on sale every two weeks, starting with a trio of puzzly platformers.

Pid | Was €9.99/£7.99, now €5.99/£4.79 (additional 30% off for PS Plus members)

Topatoi | Was €9.99/£7.99, now €3.99/£3.19 (additional 10% off for PS Plus members)

Zack Zero | (Was €9.99/£7.99, now €2.99/£2.39 (additional 25% off for PS Plus members)

The discounts kick in from tomorrow as part of the weekly PSN Store update.

http://www.dealspwn.com/fortnightly-indie-deals-coming-psn-142904

Yay!! Pid will be mine!! :D

Has been on my to buy list since it came out, got some PSN credit left, and can use Plus too! Whoop!!

Thought people in here might enjoy this..

MuHoPWq.jpg

I'd like to see a comparison with Nintendo, too.