NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Sleeping Dogs is gonna be Free?! awesome! this is why i'm in love with my PS3 again, the PSN surpassed live when plus was announced

i think once Skyrim is working correctly on PS3 i might just sell my X box and rebuy it for PS

How long did you get?

PS+ is one of the best things to come out of this generation. I really can't see how Microsoft can justify Live and I'm hoping for some kind of change from them once the new Xbox arrives.

I got a year. I heard that you get an extra 3 months if you sign up before March, but not sure if that was for the US only.

I think I might upgrade to a year subscription. I only got a 90 day subscription because of the bullshit of some game saves requiring it to transfer game saves between consoles. But after getting Gravity Rush on Vita and Infamous 2 on PS3, I feel like it could well be worth keeping it.

WHY IS THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY OUT OF STOCK ON EVERY ONLINE SHOP.

:(

Maybe try eBay?

Could do. It's weird, it's not a limited edition but every shop is sold out, awaiting more stock.

Could do. It's weird, it's not a limited edition but every shop is sold out, awaiting more stock.

:confused:

Amazon.co.uk have 9 left according to them.

EDIT: Oh perhaps it's because it's a 3rd party seller, rather than Amazon themselves who sell it cheaper that you are refraining from buying? Well that's fair enough then.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

:confused:

Amazon.co.uk have 9 left according to them.

EDIT: Oh perhaps it's because it's a 3rd party seller, rather than Amazon themselves who sell it cheaper that you are refraining from buying? Well that's fair enough then.

They're pretty pricey as well.

They should make Bayonetta a free PS+ game a month or two before the sequel is released.

I'm sure Nintendo would appreciate it.

They should make Bayonetta a free PS+ game a month or two before the sequel is released.

I'm sure Nintendo would appreciate it.

I think Nintendo appreciated it more when Batman was on plus when they were running the 29.99 deal. How much did Batman cost on the Wiiu again?

Live streamed event incoming.

Sony just posted this video on the PlayStation blog. Looks like a teaser for the next PlayStation (code-named Orbis), don't you think? It ends with a date: February 20, 2013. Will Sony announce their next console then?

We've heard bits and pieces about the next PlayStation for quite some time now, and rumors have been swirling that both Sony and Microsoft's next-generation consoles will be announced this year, likely before E3. Although Sony has kept quiet about plans for their successor to the PlayStation 3, released in 2006, the Japanese game-maker is expected to release a new console either later this year or in early 2014.

This event will take place in New York City on February 20 at 6pm Eastern. That's only five days before the company's annual Destination PlayStation event kicks off in Arizona, where retailers are shown the biggest and best games on Sony's plate for the year ahead.

PS4? Vita price drop? Who the hell knows?

I think it has to be Orbis. Then they can go major charm offensive with retailers at Destination Playstation without having to worry about leaks. I think they need to go on this offensive to get in there early and get prime shelf space in stores all agreed and signed for before Microsoft have even unveiled Next Xbox. You only have to look at the lacklustre support in stores for Vita to show how this important. If Sony wanna get that head start this year even if they do release around the same time it makes sense.

I'm still undecided whether I'm gonna go Sony again if they don't introduce migration of PSN accounts, still a major personal annoyance.

I wonder where Plus will go with Orbis? To my mind I reckon Gaikai streamed PS3 back catalogue makes sense. They can't start offering Orbis new releases from the off otherwise they are shafting themselves for money.

This teaser has resurrected the part of my brain that gets excited about a new hardware cycle, which i thought was killed off for good with the Wii.

(Disclaimer: I still want a Wii U at some point just not anytime soon).

Barring a few hiccups, the PS3's ecosystem and steady stream of great games has served me well since '07 and i can't imagine the PS4 will do anything but improve on that.

I bought a new PS3 controller from eBay. For some reason, the right analog stick is a little stiff. Sometimes it actually sticks when I move it to the upper right. I checked it wasn't a dodgy fake one and it's definitely not.

It seems to loosen a little after an hour's play, but I'm still finding it incredibly difficult to aim on FPSes.

Do you think this will sort itself out with time, or shall I send it back? I've only had it a couple of days.

Did anyone ever play/finish Tokyo Jungle. I picked it up in the twelve deals of Christmas sale. Just finished the story mode and all I can say what is a crazy game to start really becomes quite nuts in the last 2 Acts. Really good game would last forever still have a ton of stuff to unlock in Survival mode. Highly recommend it.

I bought a new PS3 controller from eBay. For some reason, the right analog stick is a little stiff. Sometimes it actually sticks when I move it to the upper right. I checked it wasn't a dodgy fake one and it's definitely not.

It seems to loosen a little after an hour's play, but I'm still finding it incredibly difficult to aim on FPSes.

Do you think this will sort itself out with time, or shall I send it back? I've only had it a couple of days.

I got a PS3 controller from eBay, and its like yours....very stiff (giggle). I am convinced mine is fake, despite it looking absolutely 100% perfect.

I got a PS3 controller from eBay, and its like yours....very stiff (giggle). I am convinced mine is fake, despite it looking absolutely 100% perfect.

I'm the same....also now I have bought another new one recently I am very aware of how different they are to use, different plastic, weight, very odd.

Did anyone ever play/finish Tokyo Jungle.

I picked it up on the day it launched and played it for a while. Whilst I was really enjoying it I only got to Act 6, not sure how far in that is, before it got relegated to my pile of unfinished games. I really do need to find the time to get back into it.

If I cancel Plus the free games stop being playable, right? If so, were I to pay for it again in the future could I play them again?

If I cancel Plus the free games stop being playable, right? If so, were I to pay for it again in the future could I play them again?

Correct...

So you can cancel it, save some money for a while and then re-subscribe (if you want to) if and when there happens to be a month where some particularly good games become available for free that you want to play. :)

----------------------------

The main reason I still don't subscribe to plus is that I have a launch model NTSC PS3 that has a 60GB hard drive with not much space left plus the fact that I know half the games (or more) that I'll get for 'free' I either won't play or I already own on other formats. :p

Besides, Ni no Kuni is currently keeping me well entertained at the moment and my PS3 backlog includes...

inFamous

inFamous 2

God of War Collection

God of War III

Okami HD

One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Tales of Graces f

So I'm good for a while. :smile: