NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

At 9 pm Amazon doing a PS3 + PSVita + Playstation Allstars (PS3 version includes Vita version). No price yet but given that its the 9pm headline deal it should be interesting. Its the one where they say station something.

At 9 pm Amazon doing a PS3 + PSVita + Playstation Allstars (PS3 version includes Vita version). No price yet but given that its the 9pm headline deal it should be interesting. Its the one where they say station something.

Just checked and can't find it on upcoming deals?

You sure? :hmm:

Just checked and can't find it on upcoming deals?

You sure? :hmm:

Its up now £329 Nice clean deal. It is plenty of cash upfront but you save a lot!

Edited by Choze

Christ that's pretty much the same price as a WiiU.

lol so true.

A game and two consoles(one more powerful than a WiiU).

If by same price you mean £60 more expensive. And by more powerful you mean not at all. Look, the PS3 is powerful, I have one and I think it's much better than the 360 in the ways I really care about it. But it doesn't take too much digging around even recent multiplatform releases to see that the ps3 versions keep getting found out for running worse than the 360. And the wii u if it doesn't match usually sits between the two. And these are consoles that developers fully know how to develop for rather than a brand spanking new console... I really don't know why I'm bothering...

Always get reminded why I hate coming on the other boards.

But anyways, the reason I dide come here is because I wondered what peopel thought of PS Battle All Stars on the vita; the ps3 vita is a good deal and slightly tempted! But I'd want it on the vita more so if that version aint great I wont bother.

If by same price you mean £60 more expensive. And by more powerful you mean not at all. Look, the PS3 is powerful, I have one and I think it's much better than the 360 in the ways I really care about it. But it doesn't take too much digging around even recent multiplatform releases to see that the ps3 versions keep getting found out for running worse than the 360. And the wii u if it doesn't match usually sits between the two. And these are consoles that developers fully know how to develop for rather than a brand spanking new console... I really don't know why I'm bothering...

Always get reminded why I hate coming on the other boards.

But anyways, the reason I dide come here is because I wondered what peopel thought of PS Battle All Stars on the vita; the ps3 vita is a good deal and slightly tempted! But I'd want it on the vita more so if that version aint great I wont bother.

Wow...just wow. I thought it was generally agreed that the Wii boards were the smear on the forums where you weren't able to freely talk about negative aspects regarding Nintendo (this being N-E and all). Thinking it's the other way round probably reveals something about you there.

PS3 versions running poorly is due to bad game development (e.g. Skyrim/Fallout). Proven to some extent after incredibly delayed patches. If it can be patched, it's a developer fault.

No one cares that the Wii U is somewhat more powerful than one of the current consoles. It's pretty irrelevant. The point is that the deal posted is pretty amazing. And really, I wouldn't boast about the WiiU's power. When the next Sony/MS consoles come it'll most likely be behind by a generation again.

Surprised that nobody offered that deal sooner. Bundling the two machines together seems like such a no-brainer, considering that Sony admitted that they're looking to sell the Vita to the PS3 audience. Good price for the two consoles as well! (Sony could take some good hints from what Amazon are doing)

Why the hell not position it as a Wii U competitor and all? It's not like the Vita is doing any good on its own!

I hope the PS4 just refines and significantly speeds up everything about PS3/PSN. The codename ''Orbis'' fills me with dread though.

Wow...just wow. I thought it was generally agreed that the Wii boards were the smear on the forums where you weren't able to freely talk about negative aspects regarding Nintendo (this being N-E and all). Thinking it's the other way round probably reveals something about you there.

PS3 versions running poorly is due to bad game development (e.g. Skyrim/Fallout). Proven to some extent after incredibly delayed patches. If it can be patched, it's a developer fault.

No one cares that the Wii U is somewhat more powerful than one of the current consoles. It's pretty irrelevant. The point is that the deal posted is pretty amazing. And really, I wouldn't boast about the WiiU's power. When the next Sony/MS consoles come it'll most likely be behind by a generation again.

I don't understand what the first paragraph is all about. And I'm not sure what you're in the other two, how come someone can say the Wii U isn't as powerful as the ps3 (probably based on reports about a few issues on the ports) andI comment on it, yet you tell me that's not important it's a bargain... but that's not what was being discussed, it is a bargain, but I was just commenting on the (predictable) bullshit by choze; yet you dismiss my point. I know it's down to bad game development, same as the wii u port glitches are.

And again, you then make a point about the next consoles being loads more powerful. Yeah, you're right. But what the heck has EVERYTHING you posted got to do with anything I said and was replying to?!?!

You literally ignore the debate and say unconnected thing, and act all superior. What bizarre status games you play.

And I wasn't "boasting" about anything. Just highlighting how much shit was being spouted. Bloody hell, other consoles is AWESOME!!!

Not this shit again. :nono:

What does it matter which console has the better specs/games? Just buy what you want and enjoy it.

I don't understand what the first paragraph is all about. And I'm not sure what you're in the other two, how come someone can say the Wii U isn't as powerful as the ps3 (probably based on reports about a few issues on the ports) andI comment on it, yet you tell me that's not important it's a bargain... but that's not what was being discussed, it is a bargain, but I was just commenting on the (predictable) bullshit by choze; yet you dismiss my point. I know it's down to bad game development, same as the wii u port glitches are.

But nobody is supposed to reason with Choze though, he's a blatant Sony fanboy. if you join in with him you sink to his level. Have you met him before?

Edited by Sheikah

But nobody is supposed to reason with Choze though, he's a blatant Sony fanboy. if you join in with him you sink to his level. Have you met him before?

I know I don't know why I bite, just can't help it when people spout crap.

Any news on the next plus games? Doesn't seem to have been an update for ages!

Didn't they update with a bunch of Vita games, like, last week or something? :p

And they seem to be releasing all of the games in the first update of the month nowadays, which is probably better if you're only waiting for That One Game.

Is there normally a PSN Christmas sales in the run up to Christmas, or does one usually follow or anything?

I'm hoping to try and get Journey, The Unfinished Swan and maybe Pid and some others at a discount maybe.

Is there normally a PSN Christmas sales in the run up to Christmas, or does one usually follow or anything?

I'm hoping to try and get Journey, The Unfinished Swan and maybe Pid and some others at a discount maybe.

There was one last year. That was mostly rubbish aside from a few great deals. High chance for Journey I guess.

Just thought I'd point out that Sainsbury's are offering the PS3 up for £135. Only the 12GB edition mind but still, strikes me as dirt cheap. Really tempted to get one myself... :heh:

PS+ for December

• 5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
  • 5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
  • 5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
  • 12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
  • 19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
  • 21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)

Maaaaaan, I cannot believe how hard Plus rocks.

That'll be Limbo and Vanquish for me for the PS3 and all those Vita games. Glad I didn't pick up Mortal Kombat in the end.