NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Aside from the interviews and special features blah dee blah, it's worth seeing how their games have evolved.

flOw was apparently good if not mind-bending, but both Flower and Journey received critical acclaim. They deserve critical acclaim for the amazing screen-shots alone damnit.

I was suggesting you should do so.

I want insider knowledge!

haha oh right.

Well I'm definately gonna be downloading Journey soon. But yeah, Flow doesn't look fun to me, and I'm not sure about the gameplay in Flower.

I'm a bit reluctant to watch a video review of it, because I imagine the games pretty short anyway and I don't want to see loads of it. I already got that impression from just the trailer.

The PlayStation 3 isn't region-locked, so it's not like you can't just import the Collector's Edition.

Slightly more expensive than buying a PAL copy would be, but maybe those interviews and other special features are worth it. :heh:

Importing will be dear.

The PlayStation 3 isn't region-locked, so it's not like you can't just import the Collector's Edition.

Maybe ShopTo will pull a good deal out of the bag. My concern is moot anyway until Sony announce a startlingly tempting PS3 price drop, still haven't replaced.

The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy arrived yesterday and i'm absolutely loving it. I loved these games back on the PS2, so being able to play them again, in HD and the bonus of trophies, is just fantastic.

It's weird playing the first one again because it's very much a bare bones affair. It's still an awesome game, its just that some of the moves that i'm used to having, such as strafing and lock on, aren't in the original. As I said though, still great fun and seeing Captain Qwark again is always a laugh. :D

The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy arrived yesterday and i'm absolutely loving it. I loved these games back on the PS2, so being able to play them again, in HD and the bonus of trophies, is just fantastic.

It's weird playing the first one again because it's very much a bare bones affair. It's still an awesome game, its just that some of the moves that i'm used to having, such as strafing and lock on, aren't in the original. As I said though, still great fun and seeing Captain Qwark again is always a laugh. :D

So for someone like me, who has never played a Ratchet game prior to Tools of Destruction would you recommend them to me? I loved ToD and A Crack in Time.

So for someone like me, who has never played a Ratchet game prior to Tools of Destruction would you recommend them to me? I loved ToD and A Crack in Time.

Definitely. As I said, the first game feels weird with certain moves being missing, but the core gameplay is still there and still fun. It will be nice for you to see how the series evolved as well. I mean, 3 top quality games for under £30, or just over £20 is you go the PSN route, is an absolute bargain.

Definitely. As I said, the first game feels weird with certain moves being missing, but the core gameplay is still there and still fun. It will be nice for you to see how the series evolved as well. I mean, 3 top quality games for under £30, or just over £20 is you go the PSN route, is an absolute bargain.

Cool!

Will have to add it to games that I want to get! Seem to be a lot of old games I want to play at the moment (as well as new titles yet to play!), I have got the MGS Collection (I have played them bar Peace Walker but love them), Silent Hill collection (never played a silent hill game but heard good things) and now this!

Good man.

There seems to be stock issues with the game at the moment. I know Shopto aren't selling it now and stopped taking orders for it on Wednesday. Amazon have also issued an email saying that they haven't got it in stock either.

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

"The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy: Classics HD (PS3)"

Estimated arrival date: July 17 2012 - August 01 2012

That reminds me, I still need to finish A Clank In Time.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

Retro City Rampage = Buy One, Get One Free. :D

Retro City Rampage will support cross-play between the PS3 and PlayStation Vita versions, which is certainly neat. Even neater, however, is the fact that when you buy it on one platform, you'll get it on the other. One payment, both versions. Double neat!

The news comes by way of IndieGames.com, where a number of developers, such as Clever Beans' Martin Turton, espoused the benefits of the "pay once" cross-play deal.

"We think that the appeal of the 'buy-once' deal, which should hopefully attract more people to buy the game, far outweighs any extra sales we might get from people who are prepared to buy the game twice," Said Turton, "especially considering that requiring two separate purchases would be likely to cause a fair backlash. Basically, we want to price the game in a way that would attract us to buy it ourselves."

Retro City Rampage = Buy One, Get One Free. :D

That's awesome news I wish they'd announce a release date already after saying it was Summer 2012 they are now being very non-committal. It's easily my most anticipated game this year.

Just want to say thanks for those saying that InFamous is a good game; I've given it another go and enjoying it. Still fairly early into the game (just unlocked the grenades) but really enjoying both the story and side missions. Hoping that missions don't become too repetitive.

Also Infamous 2 only builds on it and gets even better. It was never a game I intended to buy so soon but came bundled with my second PS3.

At first, I thought that it looked like garbage. But after actually watching the video, it's an impressive bit of tech and a far cry from the pretty basic 'Wii Wheel' which was just a housing for the Wii Remote with some very nice features.

One little worry I have is that, is all the added functionality necessary and will there be enough games to support it?

At first, I thought that it looked like garbage. But after actually watching the video, it's an impressive bit of tech and a far cry from the pretty basic 'Wii Wheel' which was just a housing for the Wii Remote with some very nice features.

One little worry I have is that, is all the added functionality necessary and will there be enough games to support it?

Yeah I feel the same...after seeing it's ridiculous appearance I was ready to hate on this but it actually looks like it really offers something different. However like you I don't see many games supporting this when they already have the standard controller and wheels to work with.

I'm sure I read somewhere that this would be recognised as a normal wheel for games that use them.

I'm sure I read somewhere that this would be recognised as a normal wheel for games that use them.

That's good if true, and for about £50 (if you take into account, the price of the move controller sold on it's own) it's a good contender against the premium steering wheels.

I must have read wrong. Checked up on it and it has to be a Move-supported game.

I started playing Infamous 2 today. This game is fucking awesome. Didn't like the first much for some reason I don't remember, thought I'd skip to this one. Really loving this, I can see this draining my time. :)