NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

What's Warhammer like?

It's pretty good. Very much about barrelling into packs of enemies and tearing them up rather than taking cover. Not something you'd want to play for extended periods, but a decent diversion for the price.

It very much rewards you getting amongst it rather than sitting back behind cover...in fact your only way to regen health is to kill. I've got it (1.98 from Game fire sales) but not played it my views are only from demo.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-6th-june-2012/

Those games are true.

However, they're also throwing out PS1 Classics and Minis (apart form any stand-out ones) from future PS+. Instead, they'll be replaced by full PS3 games. They're also focusing on getting a lot of Indie games which will be free for PS+ users the moment they go on the store.

Edit: It's three new PS3 games a month.

Really good for me. I only have Renegade ops of the lot. LBP2 and Infamous 2 on disk but i can sell them now and use the hdd versions :D I am thinking of getting bf3 premium for ps3 and pc too. £80...

I've just added today's PS+ releases to my download list. They clock in at over 50GB.

I think I may need to get a bigger HDD at some point.

Unbelievable. I really need to replace my hard drive... (too scared).

It is really easy to get it changed, I did it a few years ago (on the phat PS3) and had no problems, although I was nervous!

I've just added today's PS+ releases to my download list. They clock in at over 50GB.

I think I may need to get a bigger HDD at some point.

Yeah I just added the ones I didn't own. Whilst having digital copies of disc games would be cool it's a case of weighing up the space and whether it's worth it. So I've only downloaded Strangers Wrath (which I love) LBP2 and Super Chime Deluxe. I have no interest in Virtua Fighter at all so probably won't download it.

It is really easy to get it changed, I did it a few years ago (on the phat PS3) and had no problems, although I was nervous!

I've told him a million times how easy it is he won't listen haha.

I've now only got 30gb left on a 320gb hard drive afterdownloading this months ps+ titles - Darksiders is 10gb!

Think some hard drive spring cleaning is in order. :angry:

Okay, I'm doing it. @flameboy sorry to bother, but how did you do it and what kind of hard rive do I need to buy?

You need a 2.5" laptop style hdd.

3.5" are desktop hdd.

Go for high capacity and minimum 5,400 rpm speed 8mb cache.

edit:

Nowadays i would go 750gb minimum. 1TB if you can :p

Edited by Choze

I've now only got 30gb left on a 320gb hard drive afterdownloading this months ps+ titles - Darksiders is 10gb!

Think some hard drive spring cleaning is in order. :angry:

When I bought my 120 GB HD I thought I would never be able to use up everything. How wrong I was.

Downloading Infamous 2 and Oddworld to begin with.

Stranger's Wrath is amazing!!!! I missed it first time despite owning an xbox. I didn't know much about but knew a lot of work was going into it as Just Add Water the developers behind the HD remix were on the psnation podcast a fair old bit. Fantastic production values for a downloadable title. I've never played a game that so seamless brings together third and first person mechanics. This is due to the brilliant controls.

Downloaded 50gb in one night thanks to plus. My 500gb hdd is now only 120gb free.

Happy the games are all good games. Infamous 2 and LBP2 are hidden under freebies. Infamous 2 is the largest game there i think followed by Darksiders. Both are about 25gb combined.

If you have LBP2 disk version you need to import your save profile as LBP doesnt use normal save data due to space. Glad its on my hdd now :)

I also brought BF3 premium but i am still pissed at EA. Gotta get it on pc too. That £40 is definitely better with PS+ if i had to go either way but i am a huge bf fan. Feel ripped off though. The overall dlc better be worth it EA :p Close quarters is a bit disappointing, small cod style maps. Back to Karkand completely destroys these but i guess its to cover cod and moh slightly. Damage is mostly cosmetic and you cant break through walls and stuff. To be fair the Karkand maps are some of the best in any fps of all time. Was never going to be easy :p Armored fury looks good though.

Downloaded 50gb in one night thanks to plus. My 500gb hdd is now only 120gb free.

Happy the games are all good games. Infamous 2 and LBP2 are hidden under freebies. Infamous 2 is the largest game there i think followed by Darksiders. Both are about 25gb combined.

If you have LBP2 disk version you need to import your save profile as LBP doesnt use normal save data due to space. Glad its on my hdd now :)

I also brought BF3 premium but i am still pissed at EA. Gotta get it on pc too. That £40 is definitely better with PS+ if i had to go either way but i am a huge bf fan. Feel ripped off though. The overall dlc better be worth it EA :p Close quarters is a bit disappointing, small cod style maps. Back to Karkand completely destroys these but i guess its to cover cod and moh slightly. Damage is mostly cosmetic and you cant break through walls and stuff. To be fair the Karkand maps are some of the best in any fps of all time. Was never going to be easy :p Armored fury looks good though.

Yeah LBP 2 is a perfect game to have on the HDD just pop in and out to try out a few levels here and there.

Because I now have the sequel, I decided to try and give InFamous another try.

I must have given up just before the point where the game "clicks" and starts to become fun, after getting used to things in a mission (which really confused me due to a glitches objective, so I had to restart), I finally got the hand of how the combat and everything works. It's strange, because I kind of just learnt everything quickly on my own, and understood the game better straight away when I did months ago. Really enjoying the combat now.

The infamous games are two of the best games this gen. I for one hope we don't see another one this gen so it doesn't become a tired series. Finished the first one in just 2 days when I was off work sick.

I really can't play Infamous again, it's certainly a great game, and I managed to get the Platinum Trophy. But trying to find the last blast shard was fucking torture.

LBP2, got to say, is absolutely brilliant. I was playing online and it was so much fun. I was laughing out loud. Also played with Rez and Molly earlier and it's genius. As a single player game, I'd leave it, but in multiplayer - epic.

Because I now have the sequel, I decided to try and give InFamous another try.

I must have given up just before the point where the game "clicks" and starts to become fun, after getting used to things in a mission (which really confused me due to a glitches objective, so I had to restart), I finally got the hand of how the combat and everything works. It's strange, because I kind of just learnt everything quickly on my own, and understood the game better straight away when I did months ago. Really enjoying the combat now.

It's a game that, when it comes good, it sings (I'd say about the 10 hr mark). Infamous 2, however, is beautiful from the off. Second best game this generation, to Uncharted 2.

You need a 2.5" laptop style hdd.

3.5" are desktop hdd.

Go for high capacity and minimum 5,400 rpm speed 8mb cache.

edit:

Nowadays i would go 750gb minimum. 1TB if you can :p

Take on board all of Choze's advice and I followed this guide to do it all;

http://asia.cnet.com/upsize-your-ps3-hard-drive-62032875.htm

Cheers for this! I really won't need a TB :) Though looking at the prices I may as well :) Though I could pay more for a 7,200 one... Hmmm.... I really only need a couple of hundred gig. if that. I have a 40g now and can't imagine me needing loads as we're coming to the end of the cycle... Unless I stored all m vita stuff on there too. NEVER going to use it for any other media, just games...

Carrying on with InFamous, got to the second island, unlocked the awesome hover ability, the speed grinding thing is pretty awesome, too and more combat moves makes it more varied - and it's good that the enemies on this island are different. I really like the power unlock/upgrade system

I'm not looking forward to losing all these powers when I start the second game.

Cheers for this! I really won't need a TB :) Though looking at the prices I may as well :) Though I could pay more for a 7,200 one... Hmmm.... I really only need a couple of hundred gig. if that. I have a 40g now and can't imagine me needing loads as we're coming to the end of the cycle... Unless I stored all m vita stuff on there too. NEVER going to use it for any other media, just games...

I have a 250GB and it's fine....like you filled my 40GB in no time though. I don't have the other media issues either use a big usb drive for that.

I'm not looking forward to losing all these powers when I start the second game.

If memory serves me, you lose very few, if any, of your abilities in the second. But you do gain additional powers not found in the first as you progress in the game.