NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

^ That wasn't up when I checked! If that's on there I've had a result.

- That must be a part of the US package Cube, I hope you're happy with yourself.

It was part of the European package for July. The switch over to August content happened yesterday.

Hmmm, I signed up for Plus on the second (probably not a very tactical decision) and didn't see Castle Crashers. Meh.

Yeah took the opportunity to download CC again while it was up. Have it on the 360 but never brought that with me, never really played it past normal mode completion before so quite enjoying it. Red knight and buzsaw ftw. If anyone fancies playing it in the evenings feel free to add me. :)

Bought Assassin's Creed on sale. Usually I don't like playing backwards because sense dictates they should be worse, but since it was so relatively cheap from a Norwegian point of view, I thought I'd take my chances. And it will probably be easier to get Platinum without stupid online trophies.

download was insanly quick, must have been like 1-2 MB a second.

Getting all the available Trophies for the first Assassin's Creed won't take any time at all. Because it doesn't have any.

And if it did have trophies, having no online ones wouldn't have helped you much, because collecting all the flags is a nightmare.

Having online trophies in AC Brotherhood was a gift - the online mode is brilliant, the best part of the game. Rewards for being originally entertained for hours? Yes, please.

it will probably be easier to get Platinum without stupid online trophies..

Getting all the available Trophies for the first Assassin's Creed won't take any time at all. Because it doesn't have any.

Probably the funniest thing I've read online today - classic! :heh:

TV section of the XMB has disappeared with the new firmware. Which is weird..

TV section of the XMB has disappeared with the new firmware. Which is weird..

Does this mean I won't be able to watch PlayTV anymore?

Surely, they've just combined Video and TV?

I have not seen the new firmware yet, but it seems a sensible thing to do.

That looks mint. I fully expect everyone here to be playing the beta today.

Does this mean I won't be able to watch PlayTV anymore?

Seems to be a minor bug. It will appear again soon after loading something off the XMB/playing a game.

iPlayer and other channels have dedicated download apps now too. 4OD and ITV still launch out of the browser though..

Would I be right in thinking a few people here have PX21 headsets? Regardless I've happened across a deal that anyone after a cheap virtual surround solution might be interested in: Bee.com are selling the Ear Force DSS for £21.49. The next cheapest price is over 50 quid, the RRP being £75.

I didn't get this from a deal site, I came across it myself and have had the processing unit delivered without issue. I assume it's a mistake on the retailers part, but as I'm likely the only person to buy one it probably hasn't come to their attention yet.

For those not in the know, basically you link up the DSS processing unit between your headset/headphone connection and your console/PC and it'll mix up to a 7.1 surround signal into a stereo signal, making it easier to place where sounds are coming from and bringing new details to the fore. It isn't specific to the PX21s, either, you can use pretty much any pair of headphones; obviously you're not going to hear much benefit using some cheapo earbuds.

Edited by Aimless

In case you'd missed it in the appropriate thread:

Hey there PlayStation Assassins!

Aren’t you LUCKY?! We have just announced that PS+ members and Uplay members get access to the Assassin’s Creed Revelations BETA on September 3rd. Seriously, this is happening! Here is a quick glimpse of some of the things you can expect to experience in the ACR BETA (a much, much more detailed list is available in our forums).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...n-3-september/

PS+ has turned out to be a pretty sweet deal.

Since I started (when I got my PS3) I've gotten Stacking, a load of half-decent games I would never even bother with usually, Classic Prince of Persia, Some Mega Drive games, Burnout Paradise, Castle Crashers, Uncharted 3 Beta, Resistance 3 Beta and soon Assassin's Creed beta. As well as cloud storage and automatically syncing trophies. While some months have been ultimately disappointing, it's still been very much worth it.

Is there any way to stop that very annoying bottom menu in VidZone from appearing all the time?

Assassin's creed was crap btw. Beautiful, but crap. Looking forward to Revelations even more now.

I recall some places doing Wii Cards cheaper than the cards actual worth - is anywhere doing this with the PSN cards (I'm about to go on a spree!)

New prices for the PS3

Amazon may have leaked the PS3 price cut that is rumoured to be announced this evening by Sony.

Amazon has slashed the price of the 320GB PS3 down to £215.20. Its RRP is 291.05. You save £75.85 or 26 per cent.

The 160GB PS3 model has been reduced to £192.00. Its RRP is £255.30. You save £63.30 or 25 per cent.

Sony's Gamescom 2011 press conference is due to start at 6pm UK. Eurogamer is reporting from the event live.

I recall some places doing Wii Cards cheaper than the cards actual worth - is anywhere doing this with the PSN cards (I'm about to go on a spree!)

Yes, ShopTo.

More money off with topcashback/quidco too and the cards are instantly obtainable (you get an image)