NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Demon's Souls to me was a revelation. To me it almost represented the underside of an ancient rock, for no discernible reason it reminded me of text adventures.

Text adventures are the way forward, they just need that better level of interactivity. Can't defeat good writing.

In fact online gaming has been this generation's shock really. It's close to being seamless and it's a helluva lot of fun and way more accessible than before.

Epic lulz was redefined by Demon's Souls. Nothing like standing in low health with equipment that quadrupled your attack. One hit KO ftw.

Apparently in the store update today Braid is on offer for £2, think i'll have to get it

Apparently in the store update today Braid is on offer for £2, think i'll have to get it

yeah and some free maps for SOCOM and MAG (PS+) also some stuff maybe of interest on the demos front;

Dungeon Siege III Demo Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: All locales

Sonic Generations 20th Anniversary Demo Available from 23rd June Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: All locales

full list here;

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/22/heads-up-game-store-update-22nd-june-2011/#more-42288

Price drop incoming.

Sony will announce a price drop for the PlayStation 3 at gamescom in August, according to a report.

Trade insiders told MCV the PS3 RRP will drop to £199.99, with some shops prepared to go as low as £179.99.

The 160GB Slim PS3 model currently carries a retail price of £249.99, but you can pick it up for around £200.

Analyst Nick Parker told MCV: "£199.99 makes sense as it keeps Sony's options open for another drop, but they could be more aggressive.

"Microsoft wants to be number one but I expect it is adopting a 'wait and see' approach with possible new value-added deals on Kinect."

God damnit...

I just bought one only a year and a half ago...

Fuck you Sony!

I wanted a new one since my current phat is really really loud. Really puts me off games. This is a good thing but now I have to wait 2 months :(

I M BUTTERNUT*

*Just about to buy one. Wunz. LILZ>

Don't you need one by Tuesday?

Technically. But...yeah. It is effectively not possible now. Please please don't talk to me about this.

Yeah, the Uncharted 3 Beta is coming out on Tuesday. That should be pretty amazing.

I have a spare Beta code as well. Just sitting there. Doing nothing.

Like ReZ.

I don't even want to play the beta, ima save it till release, then I'll blow the whole load.

Like ReZ.

tumblr_lmwwm96aER1qanb21o1_500.gif

Like ReZ.

Nice.

Uhm, so... If that isn't wholly a joke, you know uhm. Yeah.

Please could I have the code Aimless? :hehe: ?

I mean c'mon, I won't be able to join you all otherwise...

tumblr_lmb7d60dlf1qanb21o1_500.jpg

Guess who just got a journey beta code !

EDIT:

From destructoid by the way!

Edited by flameboy

That's the worst thing you could possibly get a beta for. Hopefully you get what I mean by that.

That's the worst thing you could possibly get a beta for. Hopefully you get what I mean by that.

not a fan of their games? I personally can't wait love their games and love that they are trying to deliver a totally different kind of multiplayer experience that isn't the usual: kill, level up, unlock perks, talk to arseholes, mute arseholes, die.

No, in the sense that by playing a beta for it you're ruining the first full experience once that download has been made.

And you know you're going to download it regardless.

No, in the sense that by playing a beta for it you're ruining the first full experience once that download has been made.

And you know you're going to download it regardless.

meh I don't think so from what I've played the sense of wonderment I've felt will still exist when its released for the moments I've not experienced yet. Just like it continually does in Flower and to a lesser extent Flow.