NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Do these dickheads think they're heroes or something? Gets me so angry. I really don't see the point, like what are they trying to accomplish/prove?

Just had a blast on Burnout Paradise, It still, obviously, rocks.

Anyone fancy a meet up? Party like it's 2008?

Konami's pre-E3 press presentation

E3 is starting early this year, with Konami's pre-E3 press presentation. We've got the trailers, the comedy, and the news on the future of Konami's biggest franchise like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill and more... Check out the links below to bask in Konami glory!

We learned about the Transfarring system from Konami and Kojima Productions.

Konami announced the Silent Hill Collection, featuring SH2 and SH3 in HD.

A portable Silent Hill game, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, is coming to the PlayStation NGP.

Hideo Kojima announced that he's working on a brand new graphics engine called the Fox Engine.

Metal Gear Solid: HD collection and Zone of the Enders: HD Collection will be making their way to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Trailer E3 2011. Konami Press Conference Unveils New MGS Trailer for Nintendo 3DS.

NeverDead Trailer Revealed at Konami's E3 2011 Press Conference with Megadeth Providing the Soundtrack. Check It Out!

E3 2011 Konami Press Conference Announces Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for November Release.

Silent Hill: Downpour Trailer Storms the Stage at Konami's E3 2011 Press Conference. Get Swept Up in the Deluge!

NeverDead's hero never dies! Check him out as the first details are revealed.

Konami announced the Silent Hill Collection, featuring SH2 and SH3 in HD.

Not much of a collection if it only includes two games. Especially since the previous Silent Hill Collection included three games, and that was released years ago. :blank:

Though I suppose The Room isn't worthy of the HD treatment. That game was pretty disappointing.

I can understand getting angry if the hacks brings down the PSN, but why the hell do you care if they hack anything else. Some weird anger for something unrelated to most of you.

I can understand getting angry if the hacks brings down the PSN, but why the hell do you care if they hack anything else. Some weird anger for something unrelated to most of you.

Because the whole attack against Sony is dumb and it shows its still rumbling on. It shows all these idiots are still determined to bring sony down which means PSN is gonna face attacks again at some point down the line.

1. Because hacking is illegal and is frowned upon regardless.

2. Because PSN is a part of Sony. And even if different parts of Sony are getting attacked it will have a knock on effect with everything.

3. Imagine worst case senario, hacks destroy sony (financially) = sony no more = no PSN.

Zechs hasn't been seen in a while. I wonder if he's behind these Sony attacks.

Just kidding, buddy. :D

No, their goal is to come across as complete and utter c**ts.

Edit: Do SonyPictures.com even have a login system? It seems to be nothing but a site that links to film websites.

I can understand people being angry at the hackers, but I think Sony is incompetent for being hacked via a SQL injection attack and also storing the passwords in plaintext format.

This story sounds fake, though.

Zechs hasn't been seen in a while. I wonder if he's behind these Sony attacks.

Just kidding, buddy. :D

I've got something to tell you guys...

It was me!

I did it because I got another YLOD and Sony wouldn't replace it.

Sorry for the trouble guys.

I can understand people being angry at the hackers, but I think Sony is incompetent for being hacked via a SQL injection attack and also storing the passwords in plaintext format.

Quite a few places now recording this story so I dunno if its fake...There have been personal details of people posted. Also more details have come out about the nature of the details that were acquired because as pointed out Sony Pictures does not have any form of login. It was people who have entered contests and competitions.

The store is back. So where's the free stuff?

Open your eyes!

6a0133ec85acd4970b0134864e920c970c-800wi

The store is back. So where's the free stuff?

There's a massive panel on the right of the store.

Open your eyes!

Gee, thank you very much :indeed:

There's a massive panel on the right of the store.

Nope there isn't. There wasn't when I looked a couple of hours ago and there still isn't one right now.

I'm getting error messages when I try to do something in the store, so I guess I'll just have to wait a bit.

Nope there isn't. There wasn't when I looked a couple of hours ago and there still isn't one right now.

I'm getting error messages when I try to do something in the store, so I guess I'll just have to wait a bit.

Strange, it was there just over 20 minutes ago.

It should be there - Joystiq had an article and apparently the Europe "Welcome back"-stuff is there.

I get the error messages, too. Most likely the server is being hammered with requests atm.

The file was being posted every where on /v/ last night. The whole story is legit. The hack, the terrible security and a lack of encryption. Thank god I don't keep my password the same for important things and thank god I have no account with Sony Pictures.

The whole war against Sony shit, fine. If you believe they're being dicks to people who just want to tinker with the hardware they personally bought, I have no problem with that. It's when it starts harming the consumers that's the problem as they have done nothing wrong.

PSN comes down, way to blow your 'fighting the good fight' mentality dumbasses. It didn't really affect me and I admit I found the players bitching somewhat hilarious, but it's a douche move. And now I've personally seen hundreds of emails and passwords flooded of innocent users and it just feels ridiculous.

But I wish for the love of god Sony would take customer information seriously. Yet another file with no encryption..

What I'll do is start the download before I go to bed then set the Slim to turn off when they're finished.

hmmm I went to download them and they were there and now when I go there only stuff that shows up is playstation plus.

From the PS Blog:

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

From the PS Blog:

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions†from the list of services displayed

Select either “PS3 Free Games†or “PSP Free Games†and then choose “Select Contentâ€

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Yeah I tried going into account management to see what the score was and it won't let me go into it at all. Will have to wait I guess. Stupid thing I didn't navigate away from the area i clicked on dead nation it brought up an error.

Hrmmm... In the description for the 30 days of free PSN plus it says that all the titles are "free to play for 30 days". I thought titles bought with ps plus were kept forever?