NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Yeah the forum is dead. Maybe when wii 2 comes?

Just let me know where you migrate and throw me a recommendation. I can recommend afew clan players too :)

SOCOM PSN+ beta starts soon. Also I would like make a recommendation for MAG. A temporary deal is up on PSN today going by the blog. I strongly recommend people check it out as at the price its a steal ( £11.99). Its my favourite online shooter this generation. Just bear in mind that its a teams hooter and quite tactical. As a plus you get those 'trailer moments' often in random games not just a clan.

I have a question: if I purchase a US copy of 3d Dot Heroes (since it's currently a bit hard to find here in Europe), will I be able to patch it (apparently there's an update available that adds some content), since the game isn't from the same region as the console?

I still don't own the console (funnily enough, I do own 5 games for it :D), so I'm not sure how it handles the access to patches and DLC for games of different regions.

Patching is automatic no matter what game, region and where you connect from.

PSN store content is different though. So US game = use US PSN store for add ons and DLC. (create a US PSN login for that). Same goes for Japanese. Nothing is region locked though :)

Nowadays buying PSN cards off ebay makes it very easy.

Edited by Choze

To add to that, check that the product codes on the PSN store match that on the disk before buying DLC.

Yeah the forum is dead. Maybe when wii 2 comes?

Just let me know where you migrate and throw me a recommendation. I can recommend afew clan players too :)

SOCOM PSN+ beta starts soon. Also I would like make a recommendation for MAG. A temporary deal is up on PSN today going by the blog. I strongly recommend people check it out as at the price its a steal ( £11.99). Its my favourite online shooter this generation. Just bear in mind that its a teams hooter and quite tactical. As a plus you get those 'trailer moments' often in random games not just a clan.

Patching is automatic no matter what game, region and where you connect from.

PSN store content is different though. So US game = use US PSN store for add ons and DLC. (create a US PSN login for that). Same goes for Japanese. Nothing is region locked though :)

Nowadays buying PSN cards off ebay makes it very easy.

shit I already signed up, didn't see a recommendation box :red:

shit I already signed up, didn't see a recommendation box :red:

What is the clan? I can apply via killzone.com

What is the clan? I can apply via killzone.com

I don't mean for clan meant to forums. I think clan is called dork

Quick Question: Is MAG worth £11.99?

Already answered this above. Short version: Hell Yes! Absolute steal at that price :D

Considering it myself so I dont need the disk.

Already answered this above. Short version: Hell Yes! :D

I may grab it tonight as I've heard that £11.99 is it's current PSN store price.

Meh I've played MAG and really don't enjoy it too much going on for me!

I prefer it to Killzone. or COD or BF etc. Playing MAG evokes the same feeling back when i played BF on PC. Its ahead of its time and definitely pushing the genre in a direction other games dont. Few games get a 2.0 type rerelease. :grin:

The game should ease you in but if you want quick and easy just put points into healing ;)

Edited by Choze

Does anyone else find flOw incredibly hard and imprecise to control accurately??

Nope. FOund it pretty easy. DOesnt always go where I want but close enough.

This guy is just.......god. He seems to be a games fan and knows what he is talking about but then he comes out with crap like "I hate Mario 64" and "Uncharted 2 was crap compared to the first"

What.

Scroll down to March 21st @ 12:20 and read on from there. I....just....I don't even know what his point is. He is saying ....just ugh.

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29042

Random question: Is there a way to turn off the music that plays on the CMB when you hover over a game?

Can you take a HDD from one PS3 and put into another...my mates PS3 broke yellow light and is way out of warranty so just bought a new one but is insistent that its formatted to a specific console. I'm sure thats not right.

Can you take a HDD from one PS3 and put into another...my mates PS3 broke yellow light and is way out of warranty so just bought a new one but is insistent that its formatted to a specific console. I'm sure thats not right.

That is the case I'm afraid. Any other laptop HDD will work though.

That is the case I'm afraid. Any other laptop HDD will work though.

oh so only the original HDD has this problem if you've upgraded it to another one your fine?

oh so only the original HDD has this problem if you've upgraded it to another one your fine?

Any Hdd works in any PS3.

The data itself is locked to one console though so you cannot just take an in use HDD and put it in another PS3 to use the same data. It will simply format the hdd.

Backups can be used anywhere though.