NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Any good minis with trophies I can download and finish today? Preferably an RPG, adventure or strategy.

Downloadable games then. Risk Faction, Lemmings, Flower etc. You know what I mean.

I wouldn't say PSN offers great choices in either of those genres. Peggle is very good, that's if you haven't got it for another platform. Mushroom Wars is another competent strategy game, quite annoying though.

Otherwise, why limit yourself to those fields when they may be lacking? If you haven't got any of the following: Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD or Battlefield 1943, you're probably doing something wrong.

Shatter and the Pixel Junk series may have something you're looking for.

Any good minis with trophies I can download and finish today? Preferably an RPG, adventure or strategy.

Stacking! Guide

Stacking! Guide

Yes get stacking! I played it over the space of a couple of nights. Loved finding all the different solutions to things. Need to go back and finish some of the hi-jinks and find a couple of unique dolls. Honestly one of the best games I have played for ages!

Just got into the "Customs House" in Uncharted. I'm having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. The combat is frustrating, having enemies jump down behind you near the end of a long combat section is really annoying, and enemies seem to be massive bullet sponges unless you get a headshot. The camera is also terrible at times (especially after plating Tomb Raider Underworld).

One thing I don't understand are the Nathan Fillion comments. He's nothing like him and much more like Joe Flanigan.

Also started playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift. It's pretty fun (though nowhere near ExciteTruck). One big disappointment was when I had an awesome-looking race and wanted to watch it and discovered there was no replay feature.

Edited by Cube

Those issues you have in Unch are more prevalent at the start of the game, plus I don't think the sequel suffers from that at all.

As for Motorstorm, the lack of replays is lame. However, the insistence on the comparison to Excite Truck is ridiculous, they control nothing like each other. Motorstorm is a much more weighty and precise affair, whilst ExciteTruck is about flair and pulling off quick, reactive manoeuvres.

Uncharted? Pah. It's a decent game but these days its just a rite of passage to the awesomeness of Uncharted 2 :D

Just got into the "Customs House" in Uncharted. I'm having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it. The combat is frustrating, having enemies jump down behind you near the end of a long combat section is really annoying, and enemies seem to be massive bullet sponges unless you get a headshot. The camera is also terrible at times (especially after plating Tomb Raider Underworld).

One thing I don't understand are the Nathan Fillion comments. He's nothing like him and much more like Joe Flanigan.

Also started playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift. It's pretty fun (though nowhere near ExciteTruck). One big disappointment was when I had an awesome-looking race and wanted to watch it and discovered there was no replay feature.

Yeah Uncharted 1 had overly bullet sponge enemies. You have to aim for the head.

Uncharted? Pah. It's a decent game but these days its just a rite of passage to the awesomeness of Uncharted 2 :D

You're completely right. Finished Uncharted and started Uncharted 2. Just got to Nepal and it's brilliant so far. I'm enjoying it much more than the first one.

Good vid - a major departure from Link's Crossbow Training! :laughing:

Too bad it costs a lot more.

Link's Cross Bow training + Wii Zapper only costs £18.

The sharp shooter costs £34.99 (excluding a game).

The sharp shooter costs £34.99 (excluding a game).

As well as Move (£39.99) and the Navigation Controller (£17.99).

Edited by Cube

I'm pretty sure the sharp shooter has a Nav controller built in.

scph-98100_large.jpg

Edit: Strangely, GAME have a Killzone 3/Move/Sharpshooter bundle for £164.99. Buying all that separately from GAME costs £152.99 (and £138.96 if you buy from elsewhere).

Edited by Cube

Huh, I swear there was a gun thing that had controls in it. Even if it were all £30, I'd still think it was unnecessary tat, tbh.

That price is a farce.

Huh, I swear there was a gun thing that had controls in it. Even if it were all £30, I'd still think it was unnecessary tat, tbh.

That price is a farce.

Big difference between this and Link's Crossbow. I approve. For SOCOM.

Big difference between this and Link's Crossbow. I approve. For SOCOM.

not in the actual function that this plastic piece of shit does.

Edited by flameboy