NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

good week for PSN:

Gonna try out the trial for Pacman Championship Edition me thinks...

I have the XBLA version, it's very good. Buy it!

I have the XBLA version, it's very good. Buy it!

I've got the trial weighing up maybe getting it on ipod touch but then again i think the awesome visuals maybe deserve to be seen in hd.

Agreed! : peace:

yeah saw your message on PSN. I'm still thinking of getting the orginal CE Edition for 59p on itunes instead....

yeah saw your message on PSN. I'm still thinking of getting the orginal CE Edition for 59p on itunes instead....

Thats ace as well... but DX is better!

Better still, just get both!!

Is anyone else finding that PSN has been incredibly slow recently?

Edit:

I've managed to connect through wifi, I'm guessing the problem was caused by a new ethernet hub my dad bought. Never mind.

Edited by Emasher

I actually had a problem on the PSN last night trying to download an update for COD, said it was going to take something like 3 hours for 20 megs.

Does anyone know if the game included on the new PS3 320gb + GT5 pack (or any other of the 320gb packs) comes in a regular keepcase and factory sealed?

Does anyone know if the game included on the new PS3 320gb + GT5 pack (or any other of the 320gb packs) comes in a regular keepcase and factory sealed?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=nosim/?docId=1000457153

Yeah PS3 games by Sony are always sealed. Amazon are doing a collector's edition bundle. The Collector's is worth it. You get some really nice cars for no credits in the game and an awesome book. :D

The Force Unleashed II is so piss poor.

Its not that bad. I was frustrated with Black Ops single player and had SWFU2 rental in the post. Force Unleashed 2 felt relaxing in comparison. They could have made a better game given the possibilities but its not bad at all for a rental.

Yeah, it's an okay rental.

Is it as bad as the first?

Way worse. It's like three really long, boring levels. Then an endless boring fight with Darth Vader and then a choice between being good or evil right before the end credits.

The gameplay is better but the rest is just abysmal. I feel sorry for anyone who spent money on it.

And you're not self-deprecating about the time you spent on it? There was a demo, it was atrocious, and the mistake of rental waste seems short-sighted. If a game is shit, and you've rented it, why force yourself through it anyway? I wouldn't feel obliged to do so.

But then again I argue that videogames aren't worth renting when the library across the board is so poor. Films everyday baby, boo ya! Mediocre films >>> Mediocre games.

I have essays to do which means I'll do everything but essays.

The demo wouldn't have made a difference. The gameplay is way better than the first, it's just everything else that you can't really judge from the demo.

Kind of forgot it was on my rental list too. Wanted a film instead but I couldn't edit the disk allocation on my iPhone and my laptop was broken. One upside, made me appreciate ACB more. But yes, usually I do value my time way more.

I fully endorse your drab replies to my obscure PS messages btw.

I will continue to do so, even if it embarrasses your soul. Your Demon Soul! :o

This month and next months Playstation Plus goodies are piss poor...My membership lapses on 30th December I'm not going to renew it for now...

Worth putting in Burny's post here:

Hi!

Haven't found anything about it within the last two pages, so don't kill me, if it has come up already.

There is a promotional game for GT5 on facebook:

http://apps.facebook.com/takeittothetrack/

Nothing special in itself, but by creating four "grudges" against other players you can unlock a PSN download code for a Jaguar (Chromeline edition) (Yay!) and a suit for PS Home (Meh.). The game however, is severely broken! It just crashes when you try to create a grudge the "normal way".

Still, there is a way to get the codes and it is described in detail (with screenshots) here.

Basically:

1. PLAY the "Shot in the dark" game (score doesn't matter)
  2. In the ending screen, select one of the five people in the lower right corner
  3. select three arbitrary other people from the list in the window that opens and just type some stuff
  4. Gray tooltip appears, game freezes -> Refresh the page
  5. Go to the "GT5 Profile" tab in the game. The codes can be found in the lower right corner

As silly as I find facebook games, it's a nice promotion. ;)

You get Home goodies as well as an excellent GT5 car. The car is a recreated classic with some nice history behind it. It also performs insanely well as its a racing car. :D Worth 20,000,000 credits in the game.

It doesn't post loads of shit all over others people/your own wall, does it?

QUOTE=MadDog;1242868]It doesn't post loads of shit all over others people/your own wall, does it?

No, i think it just invites. Just use locale instead of friends option if you are worried. I wonder what the 3rd reward will be.

Dead Nations is awesome. Everyone get.

Perhaps later. Too busy with GT5. Heck I barely remembered there was a PSN update :p

The Force Unleashed II is so piss poor.

So it's not worth a purchase? even for a pretty hardcore Star Wars fan. The trailer looks decent enough but then we all know how they can lie.

Star War fans are pathetic.

The game is also pathetic.

Don't waste your time and money Jon. And put an 'h' in your name like normal Johns.

Completed Tron Evolution. It actually quite a good game. At its core it's pretty generic but it does do some outstanding things. Would have bought it for £20 but as it is it's a fantastic rent. The pace of the game is phenomenal.

So it's not worth a purchase? even for a pretty hardcore Star Wars fan. The trailer looks decent enough but then we all know how they can lie.

Nope. I'm not even sure if I'd recommend you rent it unless you were a super hard die hard Star Wars fan.