NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I'm just getting a Move and using a DS3. Already bought a PSEye for £15 a year ago.

It's great they're now packing it in with the system.

Worms wasn't reduced by that much, but it is very awesome, especially in multiplayer. Easy & fun trophies too so I say buy it. I'd be willing to PSN game some people, as I'm sure Cooky will seeing as I (kinda) introduced him to it and we played online for the...enjoyment.

Also, wouldn't it have been shit if it wasn't bundled with the system? I'm guess you weren't implying anything there anyway.

After playing it for a while, I have to say, the Saboteur is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. Basically GTA meets Assassin's Creed.

After playing it for a while, I have to say, the Saboteur is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. Basically GTA meets Assassin's Creed.

LIE. Especially seeing as the second sentence essentially confirms it.

I came across this: Movie and game on one disk. Will it work?

tsce.jpg

What do you guys think of Playstation Plus? Anyone here tried it? I was thinking of joining for month 2 onwards as all the content is new for me. Plus I get all the perks like guaranteed betas if the beta program finishes. Month 1 is stuff I already have but good for new ps3 owners.

I am not resubbing Firstplay. Its nowhere near Qore and costs almost the same as Plus.

What exactly was so bad about it. Does it get worse after the first several hours? Or is it simply the lower production values?

The fact that it's a crummy third person sandbox game that's like every other 3rd person sandbox game except it tries to label itself differently to other 3rd person sandbox games by doing something slightly unique like every other 3rd person sandbox game. Pretty crap visuals, nothing that mindblowing, shit irish voice acting, crappy colour palette changing for no reason as if it makes up for the fact that it has nothing going for it. It's also a crap 3rd person sandbox game i.e. disgusting. The worst of all games out there I think. I remember Yahtzee slating this actually (not surprising ofc).

Downloaded worms last night; man I love this game. Reminds me of the Worms 2 days. Shame they didn't put more weapons and features in it, though.

Was getting a bit furious at where I was being spawned though; 3 of my worms on the edge of the map, with one of the other nearby players getting to play first (dynamite = all 3 off in one swoop). Never had first turn yet and always seemed to be very dodgily placed. I must have terrible luck.

Downloaded worms last night; man I love this game. Reminds me of the Worms 2 days. Shame they didn't put more weapons and features in it, though.

Was getting a bit furious at where I was being spawned though; 3 of my worms on the edge of the map, with one of the other nearby players getting to play first (dynamite = all 3 off in one swoop). Never had first turn yet and always seemed to be very dodgily placed. I must have terrible luck.

Play on the harder difficulties if you can, there's less bullshit. Lol at you getting furious. I was also slightly disappointed about the omission of some weapons/items. No parachute?!!!?!11

The most pr0 awesome things you can do in worms - cross map ninja rope swinging, and this - Position yourself on the edge of a cliff, facing away from an enemy. Then roll a super sheep out and let it fall down just before it hits the water then BAM press x (this completely throws your opponent off guard ((in a turn based strategy game)) because they think you're being a noob until suddenly you become amazing) This then launches the super sheep straight up away from the water and into the sky. Once airborn, casually make loop da loops in the air randomly, or round floating islands. Now if you want you can then fly it into the grid of your enemy. However, for complete prowess, try and release x so that your sheep falls in an arc downwards onto the target's head. All of the above obviously become much better if the flight path is dense and you leave things late. Try it for insane responses. (from your own body e.g fluids)

And Rez are you just being yourself or did you buy it? I've told you before that I'll never doubt your reasoning. If you bought Worms just so you could truthfully make that claim/joke, which obviously isn't beyond you, I would be very content.

Edited by dwarf

The fact that it's a crummy third person sandbox game that's like every other 3rd person sandbox game except it tries to label itself differently to other 3rd person sandbox games by doing something slightly unique like every other 3rd person sandbox game. Pretty crap visuals, nothing that mindblowing, shit irish voice acting, crappy colour palette changing for no reason as if it makes up for the fact that it has nothing going for it. It's also a crap 3rd person sandbox game i.e. disgusting. The worst of all games out there I think. I remember Yahtzee slating this actually (not surprising ofc).

But you could say that about just about every game that wasn't AAA quality. The PR people for every game developer/publisher try to make a generally generic game sound unique. I agree with what you're saying, but I wouldn't exactly call the game crap because of that. Compared to games like inFAMOUS, GTA 4, and Assassin's Creed, regardless of the production values, there's a lot more to do outside of the main campaign I found.

Is the Sly Collection expected to come out this year?

whats the deal with buying games abroad with patches etc...go to canada in less than a month figure might bring some games back but know they will play but will they work completely?!

whats the deal with buying games abroad with patches etc...go to canada in less than a month figure might bring some games back but know they will play but will they work completely?!

? PS3 is region free afaik... if you buy a game in Canada then it should work on your Pal PS3, the only things that are region locked on it are most Blu-Rays and PS2/PS1 games.

Unless you're talking about games that are US only or something in which case Idk... they'd still work though I would have thought but Idk about patches etc though shouldn't think it'd matter, I could be wrong of course in which case I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable than myself will correct me. :p

Edited by S.C.G

I think DLC might be region specific, meaning you might have to buy a US PSN points card if you want to buy stuff on their store. Not sure though.

And some games have their own region specific servers (e.g. Demon's Souls) that stop you from playing with Europeans.

DLC is region specific, yes. All DLC will have a product code, that can also be found on the game disk, so you can make sure quite easily before you buy. Just create a US PSN account to download stuff, and you should be fine.

Sony have just started IP banning accounts.

Where'd you hear that?

I thought I read it somewhere, but I've just tried it and it's fine. Maybe it is coming soon.

Hopefully it won't affect existing accounts, because I was banned if you remember :D.

How the heck do you even get banned anyway?

Was you just swearing on mic and stuff?

He was sexually harrassing women on PSN Home.

Those "women" were not women.