NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

The European section of Sony are shit so I don't expect anything of good quality.

And where is that exclusive you (i.e. your source) hinted at on the last page Daft? How dare you for not making it happen!

I was counting down the hours to 8am!

Yeah, I may pick up the occasional issue but...not convinced at all.

Was this the big Monday morning exclusive you were hinting at earlier?

edit- yeah , what dwarf said

Well anything that helps prolong free PSN, im all for it though ive personally never bought Qore

Qore is free no? I've downloaded episodes for free from the US store anyway, I guess it changed?

Qore is free no? I've downloaded episodes for free from the US store anyway, I guess it changed?

They sometimes have free promotional episodes but i think theres normally a price. I could be wrong though

Oh right yeah, I probably downloaded one of the free episodes. Just checked and it seems they price it at $24.99 annually, or $2.99 per episode.

Thinking about it, I'm probably confusing it with Pulse, which is free. Think I'll check out that free Qore thing, see what kind of effort Sony put into them.

Edit: screw this all, I've seen Pulse and Qore before, resume normal banter.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah, I may pick up the occasional issue but...not convinced at all.

Same. Can't ignore it if there's a good offer/beta/demo/whatever for 99p.

Well anything that helps prolong free PSN, im all for it though ive personally never bought Qore

Thats the way I look at it, if methods such as this remain profitable then we need to hope they do so in enough numbers to keep PSN as it is now free..although I do think the paid stuff will be those extras that appeared in that spreadsheet, not what the service is now.

Anyone think another Wipeout HD DLC is possible? Or was StudioLiverpool disbanded?

Would really like some new content, played it online after not visiting the game for a while and was enjoying it a lot, the newest patched version (not sure when it was released) seems to have got rid of multiplayer lag.

Hopefully the franchise won't die so soon.

------

Also, with so many remakes of games being made these days, why are none of them my favourites? :/

Anyone think another Wipeout HD DLC is possible? Or was StudioLiverpool disbanded?

Would really like some new content, played it online after not visiting the game for a while and was enjoying it a lot, the newest patched version (not sure when it was released) seems to have got rid of multiplayer lag.

Hopefully the franchise won't die so soon.

------

Also, with so many remakes of games being made these days, why are none of them my favourites? :/

That's strange, I was just exploring the fury expansion properly for the first time today. Detonator mode is rather brilliant, but I'm struggling with Zone Battle at the moment. I just don't get how to play it properly yet =S

Zone battle is weird. Basically you have to tread a fine line between boosting through zones and keeping your health. My advice is to save up lots of speed pad energy until it's maxed or near maxed, then boost, or if you're running low on health make sure to have 2 zone pads worth of energy before absorbing it.

Also, avoid zone barriers like the plague. If you hear the narrator bitch say 'barrier', make sure your finger is above the shield button. And remember, its usually better to fall off the track or scrape the walls for a bit in order to avoid them.

Zone battle is weird. Basically you have to tread a fine line between boosting through zones and keeping your health. My advice is to save up lots of speed pad energy until it's maxed or near maxed, then boost, or if you're running low on health make sure to have 2 zone pads worth of energy before absorbing it.

Also, avoid zone barriers like the plague. If you hear the narrator bitch say 'barrier', make sure your finger is above the shield button. And remember, its usually better to fall off the track or scrape the walls for a bit in order to avoid them.

Thanks for the advice, went back on it and feel much better at playing it now. My Zone skills also officially went up a notch, as I just got the trophy (silver) for reaching zone 50 using only airbrakes. Did it on my first proper go as well :) Only just though, conked out on zone 50. Still, happy to finally have that trophy.

Just snagged Little Big Planet on eBay for £11!

EDIT: Also just won Uncharted: Drakes Fortune for £12. If someone could come over and eat my ethernet cable/debit card that would be fantastic k thx

Edited by CooInTheZoo

Anyone up for some Bad Company 2 Demo tonight?

Just message me on PSN and I'll send a squad invite.

Is there any way I can get an NTSC PS1 game to work on my PAL PS3?

Wouldn't of thought so. When I got Policenauts, I used a chipped PSX.

Picked as beta tester for some new Littlebigplanet thing, anyone know what it is?

Speaking of Little Big Planet, I just bought that beast. Anyone up for some games or whatever you do on it? (Haven't even opened it yet so I don't know :P)

If only I could! Dying to get the PS back online. Played through the first 4 levels or so of LittleBigPlanet today. I really like it, but god are the controls funny. Flicking the left joystick up and down to move further and back from the screen, as if your moving between grids. Why can't I just free run closer? I guess it is primarily a kids game...

Speaking of Little Big Planet, I just bought that beast. Anyone up for some games or whatever you do on it? (Haven't even opened it yet so I don't know :P)

im always happy to play some lbp.