NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Just completed Infamous! I loved playing as evil was so much fun and so very different to always being the good guy...

Hahah, I just think it's weird he always goes around flaming the Wii ^^

i think the reason so many of us do that is because the wii was such a disserpointment.

after being raised with nintendo, its hard to belive how nintendo seems to have "dropped" me.

i think the reason so many of us do that is because the wii was such a disserpointment.

after being raised with nintendo, its hard to belive how nintendo seems to have "dropped" me.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Meh, I don't know. I never really expected that much from the Wii, think that's why I love it so much. Though I am somewhat of a graphic-whore, so gaming in SD is kind of painful at times.

The thing for me that is more painful about graphics in Wii games is the fact that developers seem to think they can get away with making games that look than anything imaginable on the last gen consoles, when the Gamecube itself was a very able console. Yet now we get games with shabby textures and a very distinct lack of scale.

Cheggers%20Party%20Quiz%20wii%2019,99.jpg

That, in it's own way, sums up the Wii for me. The other consoles are so much better. Especially the PS3, obviously :heh:

Coming from the Gamecube, which I dearly loved everything about; The Wii just left me so unfufilled. It didn't seem to be a big step forward, just a different way to play games that already existed. My first view when I saw it was, why pay £180 when I could use Sky Gamestar for nothing. Now clearly it has some great games but they're far too few between and there are no where near enough good games coming out regularly. Take a look at both the PS3 and 360 release schedules. Never mind all the Killer titles coming out, there are plenty of decent games as well.

If that makes any sense.

Speaking of painful, the Wii is technically Nintendo's best home console EVER. Let that sink in for a minute :blank:

As the biggest, thriftiest tightwad on this forum, nay the planet, I condone your purchase of a PS3, it being the cheapest console on the market right now

The best thing about the Wii, for me, is the Virtual Console (and WiiWare to an extent) and the Wii+ Nun-chuck combination. It feels great when implemented properly.

The worst thing about the Wii, is the crappy party games 3rd parties keep churning out. The Gamecube didn't much 3rd party support, but at least it was on par with the competition.

I just hope, all this money Nintendo are earning, ends up making things better for core gamers and not worse.

Speaking of painful, the Wii is technically Nintendo's best home console EVER. Let that sink in for a minute :blank:

On a purely business perspective, I have much respect for Nintendo.

Suppose it depends on how you define best;

Biggest Selling = definitely

Most Enjoyable = definitely not

On a purely business perspective, I have much respect for Nintendo.

I agree in that if i worked there, id love the job security

Suppose it depends on how you define best;

Biggest Selling = definitely

Most Enjoyable = definitely not

I meant technical/hardware wise. Its basically every Nintendo console rolled into one making it the best by default

I agree in that if i worked there, id love the job security

Name another company (in the console video game manufacturer business) that went from dead last to record sales in one foul swoop?

I don't think there is one.

That's why I have respect for Nintendo (from a business perspective).

Name another company (in the console video game manufacturer business) that went from dead last to record sales in one foul swoop?

Sony did, and then back the other way :P.

That, in it's own way, sums up the Wii for me. The other consoles are so much better. Especially the PS3, obviously :heh:

I think this game sums up the PS3:

938258_84750_front.jpg

There's only been a few generations of consoles, and competitors change, whilst there's only ever 2 or 3 competitors at a time so I wouldn't say respect is due in the way you mention. The sales themselves are mightily impressive though, they struck gold with the Wii, that's all that really matters. They found the market by trying something different.

Sony did, and then back the other way :P.

But PS1 was sony's first console. So they were never 3rd before the PS3.

If you're looking at it technically, you really need to look at it technically based on current technology.

'Technically' is such a horrible term to use, you have to show how you're applying the word for understanding to be achieved.

Up to chapter 3 on Uncharted 2 and loving it so far, the visuals are pretty jaw dropping. Is it wrong that I am having perverted thoughts about Chloe?

No. No it isn't.

I'd still dog the othe....Oh wait, spoiler avoid....uhhhh. Actually nah I wouldn't dog Sully on second thought.

But PS1 was sony's first console. So they were never 3rd before the PS3.

...So they came from either further behind.

I wouldn't say they were behind before making consoles, they just weren't there at all. The main point is that they had a strong start, getting into the industry, and coming back from 3rd place really aren't the same thing at all.

I wouldn't say they were behind before making consoles, they just weren't there at all. The main point is that they had a strong start, getting into the industry, and coming back from 3rd place really aren't the same thing at all.

Like jammy said, it's harder. Going from no console with no fanbase to market leader is harder than going from 3rd place (narrowly, not much behind the Xbox to be fair) with a huge number of fans who like many of the first party games and would guarantee the console would at least shift somewhat no matter what.

If you start with nothing, it's much harder than at least starting with something. And Nintendo have always had a huge number of 'safe bet' fans.