NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Pop quiz.

If my PS3 breaks and I have a copy of my game saves on a USB stick. When I put them onto my new consoles can I still unlock trophies on them?

Just for the record nothing has broke I am just curious.

Yeah I've used saves from Fallout on my previous system on my new PS3 and unlocked trophies since. The problem is that a hell of a lot of games either don't let you copy their saves onto a USB, and sometimes if they do, when you access the game it claims it isn't yours. This was the method Wipeout and Resistance used to fuck me off.

Deathjamm on my PSN friends list (i.e. Deathjam from the forum) has his comment set as 'PS3 disc drive broken'. How about that for an early Christmas present?! Hope he didn't ask for too many games.

Wonder how his PS3 is positioned. Probably positioned in a cardboard box in a van.

Fuck me thats bad timing eh?

I think I can speak for all of us when I say our hearts go out to DJ, especially at this time of year, when the festive spirit should be in full swing. I'm sure his PS3 brought him great joy and happiness over the months, I for one have some great memories of getting the crap beaten out of me on Tekken.

R.I.P DeathJam's PS3 Disc Drive.

If you need someone to talk to DeathJam you know where I am.

Haha yeah thanks guys. Tis pretty bad timing as I just got ninja gaiden 2 (the game that broke the damn thing) and am expecting district 9 in a few days as well as bayonetta and darksiders in the new year...I still havent finished GoW2, which was supposed to happen during this break. And to answer your question, mine is vertical...but i found that when i placed it horizontally, it would get hot VERY fast. Can you guys tell me what my options are especially with the new pricing plan for PSN?

Just got home after spending Chrimbo at my sisters - stuffed full of lovely food. Will pop Arkham Asylum in later - a rather cracking xmas pressie!

Got Burnout Paradise t'other day and although I used to have it on ye olde disk ages ago, I never liked it. With the updates it's a whole other game though. Sublime.

However...I'm sure I remember a crash mode being in the game, where you could keep rolling the wreckage of your damaged car?! Played about 8hrs of this and just haven't found any of these events yet. Do you need a specific vehicle or has it been removed in favour of the party mode...or even worse, am I just being blonde?!

I received DJ Hero. Haven't played it yet. Can't wait for Da Funk.

Edit: I'm in love.

Edited by Daft

Got Burnout Paradise t'other day and although I used to have it on ye olde disk ages ago, I never liked it. With the updates it's a whole other game though. Sublime.

However...I'm sure I remember a crash mode being in the game, where you could keep rolling the wreckage of your damaged car?! Played about 8hrs of this and just haven't found any of these events yet. Do you need a specific vehicle or has it been removed in favour of the party mode...or even worse, am I just being blonde?!

You have to press L1 and R1 together, during the game and that sets up that crash mode for you, if i remeber correctly.

You have to press L1 and R1 together, during the game and that sets up that crash mode for you, if i remeber correctly.

Yeah it's that or press L2 & R2 together, one of the 2 will work!

L2 and R2 starts the event at the lights but none are crash events. Like, every traffic light/event is a race/marked man or takedown.

Wierd...

L2 and R2 starts the event at the lights but none are crash events. Like, every traffic light/event is a race/marked man or takedown.

Wierd...

You need to press the buttons (i cant remember which ones but its one or the other) at any point in Paradise City and it starts it, they don't have traffic lights dedicated to it.

You need to press the buttons (i cant remember which ones but its one or the other) at any point in Paradise City and it starts it, they don't have traffic lights dedicated to it.

Yeah what he said you can start any of them on any point on a road and the score applies to the road you started the crash time on.

Awesome, cheers guys. I'll have a go later. DLC Burnout doesn't come with an instruction booklet.

Edited by tapedeck

Pop quiz.

If my PS3 breaks and I have a copy of my game saves on a USB stick. When I put them onto my new consoles can I still unlock trophies on them?

Just for the record nothing has broke I am just curious.

I have added you on PSN, just incase you wondered who Pyramid3 is :)

First link on Google.

08705 99 88 77

Really cos i searched like crazy on their sites and could not find anything. google provided me with forums with complaints.

Google PS3 phone number. As you say the first result is a forum with complaints, but it has in the first response post the above phone number! :)

Google PS3 phone number. As you say the first result is a forum with complaints, but it has in the first response post the above phone number! :)

Ps3 phone number...see i was going with playstation support number or hardware failuire blah blah something. Obviously i was making it too complicated ¬_¬

The number is also in every game's manual.

:heh:

.....well anyways called them, went through a few methods, nothing worked so £99 to get it sent off and fixed on thursday. Great.

ouch, that's nearly as much as I paid for my PS3 :/

You can diss the RRoD as much as you like, but at least that's free to fix for 3 years.

£99. Shocking. Surely you can complain to get it cheaper?

So...who hasn't had PS3 problems? Seems like we all have :-0

£99. Shocking. Surely you can complain to get it cheaper?

So...who hasn't had PS3 problems? Seems like we all have :-0

Hmm, there is probably one or two lucky people who have not however i would agree that i think most of us have!

My memory is telling me Daft has been the worst off out of us bunch.

You can diss the RRoD as much as you like, but at least that's free to fix for 3 years.

So very true!