NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I read the Tekken 6 blog written by the creator (forget his name) but he said that they'd developed a fightstick for this particular game and have gone through various tests by 1337 fighter-gamers to make sure it's worthy of buying.

I won't get it, but just putting it out there.

I'll be using my SFIV fightstick for Tekken. I was a bit sceptical at first about using a stick, after getting so used to the DS3. Now I just own with it (ask DeathJam). So yeah, if you can, get the one with the fightstick. Especially if it uses Happ or Sanwa parts.

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble* yeah it's true :nono: *grumble* *grumble* just wait till you see my steve fox, paul phoenix, forest law (is that his name?) skills.

I read the Tekken 6 blog written by the creator (forget his name) but he said that they'd developed a fightstick for this particular game and have gone through various tests by 1337 fighter-gamers to make sure it's worthy of buying.

I won't get it, but just putting it out there.

Its a HORI Fightstick, so using HORI parts. Totally decent and sort of mid level performance wise. Its wireless so may put a few people off due to input lag.....not that any of us would notice that though.

tekken6_arcade_stick_ps3SML.jpg

If I had the money though, I would buy one of these custom made beauty's....

14.jpg

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble* yeah it's true :nono: *grumble* *grumble* just wait till you see my steve fox, paul phoenix, forest law (is that his name?) skills.

I know I will get raped in Tekken, I'm more of a button masher with 3D fighters.

My prospective list for the rest of the year would be:

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves — A definite.
  • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time — If I spot a good deal on it, otherwise I'll pick it up sometime next year.
  • God of War Collection — Another maybe, I might just wait for a European release.
  • Brutal Legend — Unless the demo puts me off.
  • Modern Warfare 2 — If I can snag a copy for under £35.
  • Lost Planet 2 — I suspect this won't be out in '09.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 — I enjoyed the first and this seem's to have remedied most of that game's faults.

There's a few other "if word of mouth is good" titles, too, such as Dragon Age, Borderlands and — the now likely delayed — Alpha Protocol. Basically I'm probably going to be down a kidney by the end of the year.

with similar features, you may feel you don’t need another. Many people play current generation hardware with wireless controllers and don’t notice any problems with response time. The cord on a fighting stick is comparably quite a hassle; especially in recent years, since TVs have gotten larger, putting players further away from the screen.

The Tekken team determined that players should have a reliable fighting stick without cords, different from others on the market, which could be used with all of their favorite games.

We consulted with HORI about the stick and things really took-off from our first meeting, and we decided to move forward with development.

Our arcade stick and button specifications were given to HORI, along with the lever/button layout, stick height and other information so they could match it. We were also determined to make the wrist rest portion of the stick as comfortable as possible based on experience with other sticks.

When making the decision to create a wireless stick, we wanted to ensure signal delay would never be a problem. We had several hardcore players play numerous fighting games with both wired and wireless sticks, and none could tell a difference. Success! Check out the stick specs for the PS3 and Xbox 360 version:

PS3 Wireless Stick Spec

• The first wireless PS3 arcade stick on the market

• 8 button layout / Arcade style joystick and buttons

• Integrated 2.4 GHz high-performance wireless technology for seamless game play

• Licensed Tekken 6 artwork used on the plate design.

• Transmission Range: Up to 32 feet

• Battery life: Up to 40 hours on two AA batteries

• Weight: Less than 2 ½ pounds

• Maximum number of sticks: 7 (when using USB Hub)

X360 Wireless Stick Spec

• The first wireless Xbox360 arcade stick on the market

• 8 button layout / Arcade style joystick and buttons

• Integrated 2.4 GHz high-performance wireless technology for game play

• Licensed Tekken 6 artwork used on the plate design.

• Integrated headset port allowing chat via Xbox LIVE

• Transmission Range: Up to 32 feet

• Battery life: Up to 40 hours

• Weight: Less than 2 ½ pounds

• Maximum number of sticks: 4

Pretty interesting info, right? The convenience of a wireless stick will be noticeable immediately whether you’re sitting far from your TV or when passing the stick around with friends. This wireless stick is exactly what we hoped to create and we are sure players will be happy with the results.

AA batteries means no. Need to find another.

40 hours on 2 AA batteries seems pretty reasonable. Especially if you have re-chargable ones.

If Yakuza 3 comes out this year in Europe I may have to get that. Same with 3D Dot Game Heroes, though it'll have to be bought by Atlus very quickly in order for it to happen.

Yakuza is definitely next year dont expect any more announcements for releases this year sadly. Awesome news that it is coming though. Seems like its the popular thing right now for PS3 to get tons of announcements. Hard to keep track.

40 hours on 2 AA batteries seems pretty reasonable. Especially if you have re-chargable ones.

That isnt too bad actually. Still sucks though. Should have had a built in rechargeable battery at that price.

My prospective list for the rest of the year would be:
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves — A definite.
  • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time — If I spot a good deal on it, otherwise I'll pick it up sometime next year.
  • God of War Collection — Another maybe, I might just wait for a European release.
  • Brutal Legend — Unless the demo puts me off.
  • Modern Warfare 2 — If I can snag a copy for under £35.
  • Lost Planet 2 — I suspect this won't be out in '09.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 — I enjoyed the first and this seem's to have remedied most of that game's faults.

There's a few other "if word of mouth is good" titles, too, such as Dragon Age, Borderlands and — the now likely delayed — Alpha Protocol. Basically I'm probably going to be down a kidney by the end of the year.

CRAP! your list has reminded me of games I had totally forgotten about! Brutal Legend (out same day as uncharted? might have to wait till next month) and Dragon Age (for some reason thought that was out next year)

Ive just listened to this weeks IW podcast and they talk about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. They said its much easier and streamlined making for a more accessible experience. Im seriously considering picking it up now that I know its easier, the difficulty of the 360 versions have always put me off.

Ive just listened to this weeks IW podcast and they talk about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. They said its much easier and streamlined making for a more accessible experience. Im seriously considering picking it up now that I know its easier, the difficulty of the 360 versions have always put me off.

Yeah I listened to it yesterday too. Was always on my list but glad to know that I should have more hair on my head by the time im done with it rather than pulling it all out in frustration.

Pfft and here I was thinking you liked a challenge :heh: seriously... Ninja Gaiden II is difficult yes but it's not like, the hardest game ever... just that it happens to be one of the more challenging games on the 360, that's all. :)

I've completed it once and while it was a trial and a half, it's immensely satisfying to play through the whole game, even on Normal difficulty. :D

I just can't play 2D/3rd person fighting games. There's something that just stops me from 'getting' them. I can't concentrate on all the enemies and remember what combos to use etc.

I'll buy Tekken just because I've always enjoyed the style and it was the first fighting series I played.

I picked up Lost Planet for $15 yesterday. Playing through the first few levels, I'm not entirely sure it was worth it, the controls really are awful.

FREE LITTLE BIG PLANET DLC

lbpnorsefreecl.jpg

There are a lot of LittleBigPlanet DLC packs out there. However, thanks to a tip submitted by Marius, you can get access to one pack absolutely for free. Sony Wonder is giving away free codes for the "Norse Mythology" content pack, which adds all sorts of costumes and stickers for inquisitive creators. All you need to do is have a US PlayStation Network account and click here. It's as easy as that.

Not bad eh? : peace:

Only relised today that my copy of OPM had arrived, just had a quick run through of the Uncharted 2 Review, which ofcourse got a 10/10 ;D

Anymore info dante...my my i should be in bed!

Nothing so far until the site updates in October.

NG2 on easy on the 360 wasnt 2 bad really imo, The only thing i remember having trouble with was the final boss. I played sigma on ps3 and i was unable to complete it!!

I will probably pick up sigma 2 for the extra content etc at some point.

I got to the final boss on sigma, didn't feel like trying to beat him. But I'd say I would after a few tries.

FF13 Subbed

Super Street Fighter 4

T.Hawk, Dejay and Juri gameplay footage.