NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

It's funny, my brothers girlfriend wants a new PS3 slim, she told me it has blu-ray and free wifi built-in then asked me if it could play the Batman game I was playing on my 40GB :)

I bet the first game she'll buy is the PS1 Bishi Bashi..

What's wrong with that its a cracking game!!!

I've just read over on Eurogamer that PS3 sales skyrocketed over 999% last week! Apparently it outsold everything 3-1, see what a new look and a bit of decent advertising can do for you!

And a previous week of very low sales due due to an impending price drop and redesign. ;)

Still good though.

If I was unhappy about the games for this system right now I'd be talking about how well the system is doing 24/7. Reminds me of another board...

Still, that means Sony is losing money very rapidly, the thing that matters is software.

I've just been going through my Store download list because I was bored. And found 4 games that I had previously deleted from my HDD and now want to play again. Flower, Bionic Commando: Re-Armed, Tekken 5 DR Online and LocoRoco are all now downloading again now after clearing out my HDD of old installs.

Flower, I never really got into so going to try and get my head around it.

BC: Re-Armed, because of the Trophy Patch.

Tekken, I really don't know why I deleted this, its awesome.

LocoRoco, for my little girl. She loves it.

There are a few others in my list that I might download later, such as flOw and Pain. Its almost like I have discovered a box of free games.

PS3 Slim Sales

Japan:

According to famitsu.com the PS3 Slim sold 150k in the first week.

UK:

“The sales increase is very impressive, making the PS3 the top selling hardware in Week 36. The Xbox 360, Wii and DS Lite all sold around the same amount last week – PS3 Slim outsold each of them by a ratio of three-to-one.”

The sales-tracking firm added that it’s unsure how long the uplift will continue for.

“The longevity of this uplift very much depends on the time of year. The PS2 Slim was released in November, much closer to Christmas. We’ll have to wait and see how things work out for Sony this time.”

The Chart-Track spokesman told us, "Actually, it was more than 999%. Our system shows up to three digits so essentially 999 is what our system does in this situation."

He continued, "There has actually been more than an 11-fold increase in sales over the previous week. The PS3 also outsold the other three top-selling consoles (Xbox 360, Wii and DS Lite) by 3-1. That's not all together by 3-1 but respectively - each of those sold roughly the same number."

The greatest benficiary is the 2007 title Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which saw a massive 128 per cent rise in sales

For a second week, ‘Batman: Arkham Asylum’ holds tight at the top of the All Formats Chart ahead of Wii Sports Resort’ at No2 (-11%).

Sales of Eidos’ critically acclaimed title are only down 27% with the PS3 version gaining ground on the Xbox 360 version, boosted by bundling and the launch of Sony’s new PS3 Slim console at £249.99. Retailer bundling of Sony’s new cheaper and slimmer console has had a marked effect on the All Formats Chart this week with Activision-Blizzard and EA the main beneficiaries. ‘Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’ (+128%) charges up the Chart from No10 to No3 – it’s highest position for almost 1 ½ years, while ‘Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10’ is up one place to No7, sales climbing by 38%. ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (+7%) and ‘Fight Night Round 4’ (+68%) both witness strong increases in sales to the PS3 versions, however ‘World at War’ still drops 2 places to No8, while ‘Fight Night’ makes its way back into the Top 10, up 4 places to No9.

There is still room for 2 new releases in the All Formats Top 10 despite competition from PS3 hardware bundled titles - 505 Games debuts at No6 with ‘IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey’ and Square Enix’s RPG on PSP ‘Dissidia: Final Fantasy’ is new at No10.

Edited by Dante

Decent enough start for the slim I think. I hope it can keep this up for the whole of the Christmas period. It should make a good dent in 360's lead over the next few months.

PS3 Slim Sells around 500,000 units worldwide in the first week

In what is probably the most successful console re-launch in history, around half a million PS3 "slims" were sold last week worldwide according to our preliminary data - this represents over a 400% increase week on week (and a number of retailers in the US had already started selling the new model PS3 last week).

In Europe, some regions saw as much as a tenfold increase in PS3 sales (admittedly, sales had been low the previous week as consumers anticipated the new model launch) - over 200,000 units were sold in "other regions" (Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia etc) according to our preliminary data. In Japan, reports have already been independently confirmed from Famitsu magazine of over 150,000 units sold - twice as much as the previous best week for PS3. Sales in Americas also saw a large increase, over 125,000 units according to preliminary data (although this could be higher as more info comes in).

PS3 software also saw significant increases - many PS3 versions of multi-platform titles comfortably outselling their 360 counterparts this week. The big question will be how long can this bump be sustained for - we expect a fair dropoff next week but PS3 should remain ahead of 360 and Wii for most of September if not longer than that.

If I was unhappy about the games for this system right now I'd be talking about how well the system is doing 24/7. Reminds me of another board...

Haha!! Excellent comment. :D

And 100% true.

Edit: Level 12!! Get in there!!

Edited by Daft

Edit: Level 12!! Get in there!!

Welcome to the level 12 club, there is only 3 of us out of about 90 on my friends list that high. Then there is Aimless, who is about level 259 or something.

It's all about the Wipeout platinum, I think Zerolaff would agree. If I get Dirt 2 I may try for that one.

Daft can carry on 'platinuming' stuff like Call of Huarez :D.

And Jesus Aimless has a lot of trophies/games. I've seen a few of them before but I'm surprised each time by the amount of platinums.

Edited by dwarf

Welcome to the level 12 club, there is only 3 of us out of about 90 on my friends list that high. Then there is Aimless, who is about level 259 or something.

Reminds me, I must add Aimless.

It's all about the Wipeout platinum, I think Zerolaff would agree. If I get Dirt 2 I may try for that one.

Daft can carry on 'platinuming' stuff like Call of Huarez :D.

Yeah, the Wipeout Platinum is Pr0.

Stuff like Call of Huarez?! I only platinum games I enjoy (and I did enjoy TS). I'd be impressed if anyone Platinumed CoJ because it is dire.

Having said that, it has grown on me. :heh:

Oh yeah I forgot to pimp out my ID ages ago. It's SuperSalvia. Wouldn't mind having someone I vaguely know to play FP with.

Added.

Call of Huuuaaarrez woudn't be so bad if it wasn't for the abysmal quick draw rubbish.

Question -why don't people put there PSN ID in there user profile on the forums here?

Go to your UserCP then click on Edit Online Info then add your PSN ID in the space provided.

It really annoys me so please add them on there. Everybody on here should have the potential to add every other PS3 owner on their friends list - we're a community after all.

Speaking of community - whats happened to all the online gaming on here - lets play together.

Ok rant over, on a lighter note here is a scene I'd like to see in the Arkham Asylum sequel.

memory-fail-batman-robin.jpg?t=1252349889

*EDIT* Hmmm it appears my PSN ID has disappeared from my profile - thats fucking ironic!

EPIC FAIL - could a moderator sort this out? - hurry or I'll get Steven Seagal to babysit

111613seagal.gif

Edited by Cookyman

This is why I hate PS3 users. They take all the anger they have from owning the hunchback of consoles and take it out on others :heh:

I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers this does. New Year is the big day in Japan.

What's wrong with that its a cracking game!!!

Yeah it was around before Wario Ware. Crazy 4 player game.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

PS3 slim sells well, Wii and 360 fanboys attacking anybody and everything about how it won't last long. Sony fans saying that Sony will be passed the Wii sales within months.

My brother-in-law buys Killzone 2 and sells it 2 days later saying that it's shit compared to COD4. And I am sitting down having this fucking awesome cappuccino and just got told that I now have a job, if there is a God...I thank him sooooo much for the greatness this week has given me (And it's only Tuesday) :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Finally got round to finishing Resistance 2 yesterday. The ending, while short, was quite impactful!

Jackson_popcorn.gif

PS3 slim sells well, Wii and 360 fanboys attacking anybody and everything about how it won't last long. Sony fans saying that Sony will be passed the Wii sales within months.

My brother-in-law buys Killzone 2 and sells it 2 days later saying that it's shit compared to COD4. And I am sitting down having this fucking awesome cappuccino and just got told that I now have a job, if there is a God...I thank him sooooo much for the greatness this week has given me (And it's only Tuesday) :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Congratulations! Maybe you should also post this in Gen Chit chat: How was your day for even more kudos. Sweet feeling getting a job after waiting awhile.

I'm really starting to get into infamous now. Its surpassed my expectations at this point at least.

Anyway, I've synced my trophies to the server multiple times now, but my playfire card still doesn't want to show anything. Has anyone else had a similar problem with them?

I'm really starting to get into infamous now. Its surpassed my expectations at this point at least.

Anyway, I've synced my trophies to the server multiple times now, but my playfire card still doesn't want to show anything. Has anyone else had a similar problem with them?

I am pretty sure playfire take their information from the official PSN cards. Just log in to HERE make a card if you already have not done so. To update it, you have to click on 'edit' then click the red box at the bottom that says 'update'

EDIT: Just realised you're from Canada, in which case you have to update on the official US Playstation Website.

EDIT 2: Yours is different to mine and DeathJam's above you. We can click ours and it go's to our profile. Have you entered the correct code for your card into the signature box?

Edited by MATtheHAT