N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Are these things:

sX1b4Cn.jpg

supposed to make so much bloody noise when reading a disc? :heh:

Anyway, for those of you wondering what the hell I'm doing posting in here, read this. Then come back and recommend me some PS3 games to pick up and (eventually) play once I get bored of GTA V. :laughing:

This is hopefully going to fill the gaps in the Wii U schedule quite nicely :hehe:

That's one good thing about being very late to the party as far as a console is concerned I suppose, the entire back catalogue of games at your disposal and dirt cheap by the looks of things. ;)

Stuff I already have:

GTA V (obviously :heh:)

The Last of Us.

What I plan to get:

Little Big Planet

ModNation Racers

Bayonetta

Dead Or Alive 5

Soul Calibur V

Puppeteer

: peace:

*columbo* Oh, just one more thing... How messed up is it that you don't get a HDMI cable in the box?! :grin:

Edited by RedShell

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these things:

sX1b4Cn.jpg

Anyway, for those of you wondering what the hell I'm doing posting in here, read this. Then come back and recommend me some PS3 games to pick up and (eventually) play once I get bored of GTA V. :laughing:

This is hopefully going to fill the gaps in the Wii U schedule quite nicely :hehe:

That's one good thing about being very late to the party as far as a console is concerned I suppose, the entire back catalogue of games at your disposal and dirt cheap by the looks of things. ;)

Stuff I already have:

The Last of Us.

What I plan to get:

Little Big Planet

ModNation Racers

Bayonetta

Dead Or Alive 5

Soul Calibur V

Puppeteer

*columbo* Oh, just one more thing... How messed up is it that you don't get a HDMI cable in the box?! :grin:

You can get Soul Calibur V Ultimate edition for about £11.99 off the pstore atm. May require PS+ for that price, but then every playstation owner on this forum will agree with me that you should get PS+ ASAP.

Also if you get DOA5, get the ultimate version to get more characters, moves, clothing, etc.

If you don't buy Journey, I'm coming over to your house and forcing you.

Still not able to use YouTube on my PS3. The customer service guys have gone to ignoring me, which pretty much wants me to go back to my Xbox, at least I was getting answers if things went wrong with them.

Disappointed.

If you do sign up, remember to always "buy" the games, by putting them in the basket and checking out. Doublecheck by checking the download list if you want to. If you don't, and they disappear, you won't be able to play them despite being a member. On the other hand, if you "buy" them they can always be accessed from the download list even if they disappear from the plus program.

Also check out the games that are leaving this month, in case you think you should sign up now. Happenstance posted this:

Leaving PS Plus:

25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3

25th September: Saints Row the Third

25th September: Payday: The Heist

25th September: Urban Trials

25th September: New Little Kings Story

Cheers for the suggestions everyone. :)

What's the deal with this PS+ thing? Are the free games that you can download still functional if you stop the service after 3 months, or can they only be played during that time? :blank:

Unfortunately you have just missed out on an offer they had to get 3 months free if you bought a year - ended yesterday :( It does seem well worth it though even without the free months - I've just got my PS3 this week like you and have already downloaded Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed 3 and the Jak & Daxter trilogy from the Plus collection.

If you want to try it out, go to the Playstation Facebook page and you can get a code for a 30 day free trial :)

Are these things:

sX1b4Cn.jpg

Stuff I already have:

The Last of Us.

What I plan to get:

Little Big Planet

ModNation Racers

Bayonetta

Dead Or Alive 5

Soul Calibur V

Puppeteer

Seems weird RedShell posting in here! :D

Being the creative master that you are you will adore LittleBigPlanet. Puppeteer is also right up your alley.

I have a spare 30 day PS+ trail and have sent it your way. They give these things out like candy but are useless if you are already a member.

Hello everybody, you probably don't remember me but I use to be on here quite a bit back in the day (apparently 2011 was the last time I logged on). Anyway I come back rather pathetically cap in hand, looking for friends. I just got me one of them shiny PS3s with GTA, but alas, no one to play online with. Ahead of the online patch I was wondering whether anybody would mind me adding them?

p.s. I'm totally not not weird

p.p.s. Don't let my first p.s. seem weird to you either.

Hello everybody, you probably don't remember me but I use to be on here quite a bit back in the day (apparently 2011 was the last time I logged on). Anyway I come back rather pathetically cap in hand, looking for friends. I just got me one of them shiny PS3s with GTA, but alas, no one to play online with. Ahead of the online patch I was wondering whether anybody would mind me adding them?

Helps if you post your username.

I remember you, may actually have you on my PSN already if not add me flameboyNE.

Helps if you post your username.

Ha right, its 'Wangjilin'

(my Chinese name if you're wondering)

(not Chinese, just lived there for a bit)

(excessive amount of brackets?).

I remember you, may actually have you on my PSN already if not add me flameboyNE.

Will do, and thanks for the ego boost.

79 on metacritic for what it's worth:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-future-soldier

I'm not sure it sold all that well because I think people had moved on by the time it was released to CoD and such like. Not been a new entry in the series since.....

VGChartz says it sold 1.14 million worldwide...guess not a hit for a game like that.

Has anyone downloaded the free version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate? It's pretty good for a freebie. You don't get the story mode or trophies, and you only have six characters to choose from, but apart from that, you can do everything: VS, arcade, survival, time trial, tag matches, training and online fights. I'd recommend giving it a go :)

Has anyone downloaded the free version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate? It's pretty good for a freebie. You don't get the story mode or trophies, and you only have six characters to choose from, but apart from that, you can do everything: VS, arcade, survival, time trial, tag matches, training and online fights. I'd recommend giving it a go :)

Wasn't the regular version on Plus? Good to know there is also a free version.

Played Dragon's Dogma today. Before it was on Plus, I didn't even know it existed..Coincidentally, I saw it in a store a few days later costing more than a year's worth of PS+. Only played the first couple of hours, but it sounds great. Like a WRPG meets God of War. Playing as a sexy chick with her lesbian sidekick isn't bad either :p