N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/07/03/apocalyptic-sale-blows-up-on-playstation-store-today/

Apocalyptic Sale blows up on PlayStation Store today

Hey there everyone. We’ve a new PlayStation Store sale starting today, alongside the PSone discounts we announced last week. The Apocalyptic Sale begins with the Store publish today and runs until 17th July. Look out for savings on such wonders as Tokyo Jungle, Dead Space and plenty more besides. As usual, PS Plus subscribers benefit from an additional 10% off.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD

Was €12.99/£10.99, now €8.99/£7.29

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD

Was €8.99/£7.29, now €5.99/£4.79

Oddworld: Stranger Boxx

Was €17.99/£13.99, now €12.99/£9.99

I Am Alive

Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.99/£6.49

Quantum Theory

Was €29.99/£19.99, now €12.99/£9.99

Armageddon Riders

Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

DOOM 3 BFG Edition

Was €39.99/£29.99, now €21.99/£17.99

Dead Space

Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Dead Space Super Bundle

Was €29.99/£19.99, now €14.99/£11.99

Dead Space Extraction

Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.99/£6.49

Dead Space Ignition

Was €4.99/£3.99, now €2.99/£2.39

Dead Space 2

Was €29.99/£19.99, now €14.99/£11.99

Dead Space 2 Super Bundle

Was €49.99/£39.99, now €23.99/£19.69

Dead Space 3

Was €69.99/£59.99, now €29.99/£19.99

The Last Guy

Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

Dead Nation

Was €12.99/£9.99, now €6.49/£5.19

TOKYO JUNGLE

Was €12.99/£9.99, now €9.99/£7.99

MotorStorm Apocalypse

Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

From Dust + I Am Alive bundle

Was €21.99/£17.99, now €9.99/£7.99

Shoot Many Robots

Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Was €14.99/£11.99, now €11.25/£8.89

Far Cry 3 + Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Was €39.99/£29.99, now €34.99/£24.99

Tempted to try Dead Space... but then the sequels aren't as strong.

Maybe Far Cry Blood Dragon, but I was wondering about getting round to buying the main game first and it could turn up in a cheaper sale down the line.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

God, Uncharted 3 takes forever to download. Biggest download game on PS3? Good thing I bought Uncharted 2 to keep me busy. I thought the series was some generic shooter with a some lame platforming in it. I'm mighty surprised. I didn't just buy the game though, already a third through my second run.

Payday The Heist comes with a 3GB patch which automatic updates didn't seem to want to download and handle (game itself is about 2.7GB). The initial game didn't install either as it was a Trial + Unlock key which is unfortunate. Apparently Battlefield has a 2GB patch but I haven't booted it up yet to check if it's been automatically downloaded and installed. Would be nice if there was a toggle to automatically download patches for games you've just purchased not just ones you've played.

Does the lack of just Far Cry 3 in that sale mean it's going to be on a bigger sale or PS+ soon? Noticed 360 owners can get it for £10 which is a fantastic deal.

Edited by Rowan

Like with many other PS+ subscribers, I am coming to the realisation that I need to upgrade the hard drive on my PS3. My launch slim comes with 120gb but I'm continually having to delete stuff to make room for others which is becoming a bit annoying as it means I'm not going back to 'older' games. I also want the reassurance of always having a local copy of games I purchased on PSN.

So would anyone like to recommend any hard drives for me which are 500GB/750GB or 1 TB? :) I presume I should avoid places like eBay for this kinda stuff right? eBuyer has a Samsung 1TB for £53, is that good value? http://www.ebuyer.com/275847-samsung-1tb-spinpoint-m8-internal-hard-drive-hn-m101mbb

Is it relatively easy to encase the old hard drive into a USB external one? (Thinking of using it for if I eventually get a WiiU)

Also, does anyone have the Tritton Kunai Headset by MadCatz? It's going for around £30 on Amazon and I'm tempted. I saw the WiiU version going for around £20 on GAME a few days ago but that one only has 3.5mm output and no RCA. Am I right in thinking RCA with the PS3 will give vastly superior performance. Apparently they're going to release a universal version but I doubt it'll be as low as £30. I'm also hoping it'll work for the PS4.

Ta :)

Oh this isnt good. I was just playing Ni No Kuni when it froze up and now my PS3 doesnt seem to be reading any disks, they dont even come up on the dashboard.

EDIT: Looks like the bluray drive has died on me :(

I need to make a decision now if I should buy myself another PS3 or just wait for the PS4.

Edited by Happenstance

Sucks how you can't download patches in the background. My Internet connection isn't that reliable and does drop out everynow and then for a few seconds. Which isn't a problem as I just get a notification of the disconnection(or it had an error and logged out or something) and then I assume it just connects and logs back on by itself, I never do anything. But if it happens during the 3GB patch it stops the download alltogether. Is it harmful to harddrive to try over and over? It takes me around 2-3 hours to download it.

Replaced the laser on my PS3 but unfortunately now for some reason the drive has stopped accepting disks at all. I think its the motor but dont really understand why it would go right as im sorting the laser. Im hoping its somehow just something ive done that can be fixed here and now.

IMG_20130710_153744.jpg

Like with many other PS+ subscribers, I am coming to the realisation that I need to upgrade the hard drive on my PS3. My launch slim comes with 120gb but I'm continually having to delete stuff to make room for others which is becoming a bit annoying as it means I'm not going back to 'older' games. I also want the reassurance of always having a local copy of games I purchased on PSN.

So would anyone like to recommend any hard drives for me which are 500GB/750GB or 1 TB? :) I presume I should avoid places like eBay for this kinda stuff right? eBuyer has a Samsung 1TB for £53, is that good value? http://www.ebuyer.com/275847-samsung-1tb-spinpoint-m8-internal-hard-drive-hn-m101mbb

Is it relatively easy to encase the old hard drive into a USB external one? (Thinking of using it for if I eventually get a WiiU)

Also, does anyone have the Tritton Kunai Headset by MadCatz? It's going for around £30 on Amazon and I'm tempted. I saw the WiiU version going for around £20 on GAME a few days ago but that one only has 3.5mm output and no RCA. Am I right in thinking RCA with the PS3 will give vastly superior performance. Apparently they're going to release a universal version but I doubt it'll be as low as £30. I'm also hoping it'll work for the PS4.

Ta :)

Yep its pretty flexible as Dwarf said. I got a Hitachi 7,200 rpm 1TB drive for £58 off ebuyer. The 1TB by Samsung is fine. Good thing with this method is you can use these hdd for anything literally as they are made for systems not just for storage.

Replaced the laser on my PS3 but unfortunately now for some reason the drive has stopped accepting disks at all. I think its the motor but dont really understand why it would go right as im sorting the laser. Im hoping its somehow just something ive done that can be fixed here and now.

IMG_20130710_153744.jpg

I hope someone somewhere can help you dude. Worse time for it to fail out.

Sucks how you can't download patches in the background. My Internet connection isn't that reliable and does drop out everynow and then for a few seconds. Which isn't a problem as I just get a notification of the disconnection(or it had an error and logged out or something) and then I assume it just connects and logs back on by itself, I never do anything. But if it happens during the 3GB patch it stops the download alltogether. Is it harmful to harddrive to try over and over? It takes me around 2-3 hours to download it.

Fun, three hours of download and the connection dies at 90%.

Is the Battlefield patch just as big? I have no interest in the genre itself, so I may just skip it altogether.

Its 2 and a halfish gigs . I'm not all that big a fan but for 5ish hours its summit to play and add to the list of beaten games!

So my insanely used launch phat PS3 had gotten to the point where the fan switched to the loudest setting for most of the time it was on, some googling indicated that it probably wouldn't be long before it would YLOD.

So I used this series of video guides to disassemble the PS3 completely, clean it out, and most importantly add new thermal paste.

What a difference, it's now pretty much silent again. It's actually really satisfying to take it apart and made me appreciate how well engineered it is. The thermal paste had gone bone dry and mostly disappeared though, definitely needed a redo.

Reminds me of when I had to put Carlube oil on our PS2 to make the disc drive work again:D. While it's great that there are DIY fixes for game consoles it does make me hesitant in putting a preorder down for PS4 and maybe just wait to see how reliable it is.