NEurope
david.dakota

Wii Points Card Shop

Great news! We can now exchange our Stars points for Wii points, but i've just tried this after an evening of server failure at the wii point shop, to find that there are no cards available and so my points are sitting there as usual... Is this right?

Could the wii points shop turn out as understocked as its stars catalogue predecessor?

Unless he magically edited it without the edit message appearing, he didn't mention the Wii Shop Channel.

But the stars catalogue is actually relatively well stocked at the moment. I reckon they'll add more point cards in January though, after the deadline for point expiration.

*sigh* the fact that you can sell out of virtual cards is just another "Why, Nintendo? WHY??" moment for me.

*sigh* the fact that you can sell out of virtual cards is just another "Why, Nintendo? WHY??" moment for me.

It really makes no sense whatsoever.

I tried to get 1000 points on Friday night but they were sold out. Funny thing is that there were 500 in stock before I logged in and in the time it took me to do that (all of about 5 seconds), they had apparently all sold out! Luckily I managed to get two lots of 500 points which bought me KOF'94 which btw is a BITCH to play on a GameCube pad.

Well this is a bit crap, I thought once they got this in place, I could just exchange all my stars and finally get some use out of them, instead the site was practically non-responsive when it came online, and then when I finally got on all the big cards were "sold out". Ridiculous.

Well this is a bit crap, I thought once they got this in place, I could just exchange all my stars and finally get some use out of them, instead the site was practically non-responsive when it came online, and then when I finally got on all the big cards were "sold out". Ridiculous.

Yeah the whole thing stinks. Fair enough for items like the Link Statue and stuff they only get a few in but for something like points they should be in stock all the time.

Yeah the whole thing stinks. Fair enough for items like the Link Statue and stuff they only get a few in but for something like points they should be in stock all the time.

I would imaging that the packaging takes longer to produce than the actual cards. I guess the packaging is different in the UK from here though.

Why not just send the points directly to your wii?

Probably to much hassle for NoE or something. I dunno cause that's how I imagined things would of worked. I don't mind entering a code or anything though. I'm happy the conversion is up, but not happy with no points available to buy.

I've got no stars expiring this month so i'm gonna save them all up and hopefully order something good of the catalogue for the next time it get's updated.

I just bought 2 lots of 100 points cards. But what the hell can you do with 200 points? Silly Nintendo.

Well I'm happy there's 100/300 point cards cause I often find myself just a small amount of points away from a game I want but I always need to buy 1000 instead of say 100/200.

Will help out in the future, but I want the 500/1000 points to go up cause I kinda of want to download a game now.

That's annoying. I just noticed that Sheikah said he bought 2 cards today, so I went off to try and buy some. There were about 200 cards of 100 points left, so I go to purchase, go to confirm... sold out. About 20 seconds too late. sigh.

Whats worse is that buying them doesnt use the points that are due to expire >:(

Whats worse is that buying them doesnt use the points that are due to expire >:(

Nintendo have basically manufactured this system to **** the customer over. They are just hoping that a combination of "limited amounts" of digital points, expiry dates and the fact that expiring stars get used up last means that they have to give away less games so people have to buy them theirself, since they most probably won't get all the Wii points this way.

Ahh gotta act quickly. I can't type properly.

Meh there out already.

EDIT- There's 100 point cards up.

Your kidding?!!! That is shocking.NoE suck giant balls, GIANT...HAIRY.... BALLS.

Looks like I was one of the lucky ones to get 2000 points. I kept trying all night on Friday despite the fact it kept crashing out. I for one can't complain, but it does suck for people who didn't manage to swap their points. Expecially, with this expiry date looming.

Damn Nintendo!

I thought I'd just wait with exchanging my stars for points, but now that I can finally enter the site, they're sold out?!

And why, why do 500 stars expire after december? It's not like they can rot, can they? Just give me my damn Wii points or don't let my stars expire, damnit!