NEurope
Dante

Call of Duty: World at War

ha! Love the graph.

How come different teams make different Cod games anyway? I thought that just one develpment team would make them all.

Money. Activision want a Call of Duty game every year, Infinity Ward can't deliver that so the franchise is licensed out.

Money. Activision want a Call of Duty game every year, Infinity Ward can't deliver that so the franchise is licensed out.

Should of known it would come down to money! Ha!

Guess it will be infinity ward will be doin CoD6 then I have never played CoD3 but my mate said it is really good (but thinks CoD4 ia better. What is the overal opinion of Treyarch Cod then? Doesn't sound too good from what i have read so far...

They aren't as bad as most people make out, Call of Duty 3 was a pretty good first person shooter. The problem is it isn't a Call of Duty game, it's larger in scale and tries to make more use of vehicles. Treyarch removed the game's Call of Duty identity, tried to mould the series to they're own vision.

Hopefully they've learnt from that mistake and are giving us a Call of Duty game this time...

i thought 3 felt lifeless and cliché. 4 was a master piece of set designed levels and flashpoint tactics. it says alot that I gave up on 3 after 20 mins and played cod4 through in an afternoon.

Letting you play a German would be a great idea until the media gets a hold of it.

"GAME TEACHES CHILDREN TO BE NAZIS" - "KILLING OUR BOYS IN WW2 NOW A "GAME" "

The Sun would be raging.

Good news!?

Call of Duty creator Infinity Ward will become the exclusive developer of the CoD franchise following the release of Treyarch-developed CoD5, a former Activision employee has told Next-Gen.

Next-Gen learned from an ex-Activision Underground employee on Monday that Infinity Ward, developer of November's CoD4, recently prompted a renegotiation of its contract with parent Activision so that the studio would be the sole developer of the FPS series.

Prior to the multi-million-selling CoD4: Modern Warfare, Infinity Ward developed the original CoD for PC in 2003, along with CoD2 in 2005. In an effort to capitalize on the immense popularity of the series on an annual basis, Activision gave internal studio Treyarch the responsibility to develop CoD3, which launched in 2006.

That strategy would've had the franchise alternating between studios every year, at the same time filling Activision's coffers on an annual basis.

Treyarch will still be the developer behind the upcoming CoD5.

But the wormhole goes a bit deeper than that. The renegotiation of the contract between Activision and Infinity Ward is also linked to the shuttering of the 45-person Foster City, Calif.-based studio, Activision Underground, said our source, who wished to remain anonymous.

Underground was working on two projects--a port of Quake Wars (described as "late and over-budget" by our source) and a new CoD game.

But the new CoD game wasn't going to be an FPS like previous franchise entries, rather a third-person action adventure game spin-off that would also become a yearly franchise on top of the original FPS-style series. That way, Activision would be able to potentially release two CoD titles per year.

However, with the renegotiation of the contract with star studio Infinity Ward, no other Activision studio is able to develop any CoD-branded game. This effectively canned Underground's CoD adventure spin-off, leaving the doomed studio only the finishing touches on a late, over-budget port, and pretty much no reason to exist.

Activision confirmed that Underground will be completely shut down by the end of May.

Asked about the whispers on Monday, an artist at Infinity Ward apologized and said that he could not comment on the matter.

Activision PR had not responded to requests for comment as of press time.

Studio and department heads brought news of the contract negotiation to Activision employees' attention, our source said.

www.next-gen.biz

Infinity Ward... or don't bother.

I wonder if they think it will sell masses just on the sucess of the CoD4.

________

AVANDIA LAWSUIT

Edited by fex

Will this mean that after CoD6, IW will be rushed to bring one out every year?

If the make COD the next FIFA or Madden then I won't really bother with COD anymore.

wooop COD will be good again, sorry i dont like modern war :)

I'd REALLY love it if they set it in Burma. I can imagine it being just like "Quartered Safe Out Here". Awesome book if anyone hasn't read it.

wooop COD will be good again, sorry i dont like modern war :)

Why? There's only so many WWII games you can play isn't there?

I had COD3 and it felt the same as MOH Rising Sun I had on the Cube.

COD4 was incredible. Such a change I want them to keep going at the modern war.

Until they starve it, beat it repeatedly and lick it's face. Then a future war game will be next.

Why? There's only so many WWII games you can play isn't there?

I had COD3 and it felt the same as MOH Rising Sun I had on the Cube.

COD4 was incredible. Such a change I want them to keep going at the modern war.

Until they starve it, beat it repeatedly and lick it's face. Then a future war game will be next.

Nah, i could play World War 2 games all day, i love em. COD2 was easily the best COD out of them all, COD3 was alright, though the online was a bit weak. Still wish this was infinity ward doin it though, ah well!

What? I do not believe they are making Cod5 WW2 style!...Cod4 was a HUGE success. There's no need to go back the route, they've trodden so deeply already. The franchise has hit an all time high with it's Modern Warfare jaunt, and they go and make a stupid decision like this? Not a happy bunny.

For CoD6 I demand lasers and hover cars. WWVII, with robots and plasma bombs.

I'll put this simply: if you want to know if a Call of Duty game is good, look at the developer. If it's Treyarch, it's a competent shooter, but not worth writing home about. If it's Infinity Ward, then cancel your social life.

For CoD6 I demand lasers and hover cars. WWVII, with robots and plasma bombs.

Guest cameos from Fry, Bender and leela :)