NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Supergrunch

Any reason I shouldn't buy a second hand Wii?

So yeah, I can get a second hand Wii for £150, which sounds like a pretty good deal. I was just wondering if there are any reasons I shouldn't buy one - for instance, does all the online malarkey and Wii channels and so on work on a second hand one? And are there any other reasons that make buying a Wii second hand a bad idea?

Sorry to be so lacking in knowledge in such matters, but hopefully with your support I shall be playing Mario Galaxy soon!

I don't think that that should be a problem!!! i see no reason why the channels and online functions won't work! It would be very unfortunate if they didn't as they should! :)

Just make sure you aren't paying £150 for a Chintendo Vii! :heh:

Go for it! :D

Where are you getting the second hand Wii from? :)

Where are you getting the second hand Wii from? :)

It's from one of my sister's friends, he doesn't want it any more.

Anyway, that's cool. I thought you might need a registration card or somesuch, but it seems not.

No problem really, though if the seller has registered their email address to the shopping channel then all priveleges will still go to that email...Just double check that. As for everything else, if you don't like the VC games he has saved on the Wii you could always format the system. ENJOY!!!

Well that's fun, turns out he actually wants £250... I'll have to get a Wii some other way, that's way too much of a rip off.

the starpoints for VC games might be attached to the NOE account of the previous owner

£250 for a second hand Wii? Is there any games with that cause that's far too much. If he's trying to cash it in for a profit, he won't get one if it's used.

The shopping channel information (such as what games you've downloaded and what nintendo-europe club nintendo account your attached to) can be changed/deleted rather easily. Just go into settings on the shop channel.

If anybody here does get a second hand Wii, if they've downloaded any games then ask them to not delete their account. There's no information kept on the Wii (like credit cards) from what I'm aware of. There's no point in deleting games you might like.

Yeah, no games and only one other controller. I can smell a rip off when I see one.

Yeah, no games and only one other controller. I can smell a rip off when I see one.

£250 for a second hand Wii with no games and one other controller. Guy is probably a crack fiend high as a kite if he thinks he can get away with that.

Status Quo bias we call that in my business studies module, where an individual values something greater than it's worth because he owns it.

Geez I got my Wii only on tuesday with 3 games and some third party accessory crap for £239.99 from argos so I say set yourself a budget, prepare to go over it a bit, chech this site out, wii-consoles.co.uk, and where it says, give them your email address so they can inform you of any new wiis in stock. Don't think many people are going to be parting with theirs this chrimbo.

Well I just got a new Wii from GAME... along with Zelda, RE4 and Smackdown! vs Raw 2008... I think I'll sell the latter, but otherwise all is cool.

Zelda and RE 4 - top games. Now all you need is Mario galaxy and Metroid and you have 4 of the best games of all time!!!!!

Zelda and RE 4 - top games. Now all you need is Mario galaxy and Metroid and you have 4 of the best games of all time!!!!!

I already have Zelda for the Gamecube, and I can't decide whether or not to trade in RE4... I'd definitely rather have Galaxy or Metroid.

Sign in to follow this