NEurope
gaggle64

The World Ends With You - Squeenix Fashion-Dance-JRPG!

Bozon on IGN has his review up and gives The World Ends With You a very positive 9/10 and praises Square-Enix for trying something different instead of resting on their laurels and putting out another installment of their usual franchises.

Few games make it into the “amazing” category in our opinion, but with a game that sets as many standards, breaks down as many walls, stomps as many preconceptions, and offers as much depth and versatility as The World Ends With You, we simply can’t consider it anything but exactly that. Square Enix and Jupiter took a chance on this one, as it would have been just as easy to release another Final Fantasy, Mana, or Dragon Quest game in its place, but instead the company went for a long shot in creating something truly unique and imaginative, and the result is not only one of the best DS games out there, but also one of the top RPG’s we’ve played in years.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/867/867129p3.html

played a little of this yesterday. very strange game. will take a while to get used to the dual screen fighting thing but it seems very well done. it is a bit mad though.

I want to pick this up as its a S-E game and it looks very interesting but whats stopping me is that I have heard it is very hard to get to grips with, especially fighting on both screens. Anyone on here care to tell me if this is true?

couldnt even find it in Game on oxford street. Finally found it at game focus.

Will play it tonight when I get home.

Just bought, I'll try it in a bit. This sort of game requires a clear mind.

I don't understand the game shops near me. I was looking for this and found it neither in Game or in Gamestation. I guess it'l be bought online.

I don't understand the game shops near me. I was looking for this and found it neither in Game or in Gamestation. I guess it'l be bought online.

HMV have it (if theres one near you) or rather mine did. At my GAME (The only other place that had it) it was 16 in the "chart"

the battles on both screens can be confusing. I am kinda letting the CPU control top screen.

one thing that does suck is you can only have 1 save file.

oh man playing this game is sooo weird. i'm actually quite liking the whole 2-screen battle thing... but it being set in shibuya kinda weirds me out... i'm like "ooh i've been there for coffee..."

randomly~ i really like the way the text appears on screen.. it feels nice, and if you're like me and read really quick its nice to have whatever was said previously on screen for a while so you can skim-read quickly...

the art style is a bit meh tho... the main character is like, super emo-kid so far.. i'm hoping he'll cheer the heck up at some point. :grin: schmile, mate!!

I'm loving this so far, the story is really interesting and the battles really make you work. That lass is wearing her shorts a rather gratuitous level though.

oh man playing this game is sooo weird. i'm actually quite liking the whole 2-screen battle thing... but it being set in shibuya kinda weirds me out... i'm like "ooh i've been there for coffee..."

Show off. .

Gotta wait until he end of the month before I can get this, but I definitely will. Maybe it will be readily available in the likes of Game and Gamestation by then too.

But from the responses so far, it looks like you need clear thoughts to adjust to the dual screen battles.

Loving this game so far. However, there something about some young female grunting for a few minutes before telling me "She couldn't feel it" which strikes rather too close to home. :sad:

Just started playing this today and its great. Im already a big fan of Neku as he reminds me of Squall from FFVIII and I loved his character. I still havent a clue about how to fight with both screens but im sure I will get used to it...hopefully.

Havnt started this yet, does anyone know if its a good idea to read the manual before playing?

Havnt started this yet, does anyone know if its a good idea to read the manual before playing?

There is ALOT of stuff that needs explaing but so far the game has told me everything I need to know.

I have just been spending my time levelling up my characters and badges, just got my first star rank! Anyone else adore the soundtrack in this game?

Earning PP points for not playing the game is an interesting dynamic.

Earning PP points for not playing the game is an interesting dynamic.

Yeah just read about that in the game, pretty sweet. I also enjoy the food eating/stat boosting aspect aswell. Just done my first fusion attack :)

Is there a pattern you have to follow when you're controlling Shiki? I'm just button bashing at the moment and it;s working I can't seem to get to grips with using both screens.