NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DanielTimothy

Broken Wii-mote

I dropped my Wii-mote, less than a meter from the floor and it even had one of those free plastic covers on it, but now it won't register when it's swung or shaken. It was the one I bought with Wii play, therefore I'm not sure if it has a longer warranty than the so many days to take it back to the shop I bought it from. I probably have the receipt somewhere, I never throw things like that away and I have all the packaging, is there anything I can do?

Depending on how honest you are, you could always try the old 'The wrist strap broke'. Nintendo might replace it without a receipt? Anyone had this happen?

You didn't hear that from me.

One of mine was smashed against a table in a tennis moment. And from then on NO motions were recognised. But I just cracked it again off the table whilst holding it sturdily a few days later. It then worked! Obviously I searched this first and a Nintendo employee said that this "whack" can free up something inside the remote again for it to work. Can't remember if it was liquid. Think it was.

So yeah, give it another belt against something. It honestly should work.

And if it doesn't what do you have to lose if it's already not working?!

Let me know how you get on.

Electrical equipment has a years warrenty by EU law, so it depends when you baught it and such....But yeah, try whacking it again Captain Wii Condom.

Sign in to follow this