NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Harm's Way achievements are a lot easier. The two multiplayer ones are simply host a game and join one - and for the hosting one you literally just have to make a lobby. The rest all look easy enough to achieve. Nobody seems to be playing it though! Can't find a game to join and nobody's joining mine. Onto the single player then!

Just had some great fun on Crash Course with SCG! He had started before me, and so I was aiming to not just gold but beat his score! Then I got to the 5th USA stage and it literally took me 5 mins to finish it - the very last bit with the hammers KEPT ON KILLING ME. I got so worried about it that I was sometimes falling off the fan before i even got there - and one time made it past the hammers only to fail to use the following fan properly!

Then me and SGC raced through - was so tense! On I think the 4th level He beat me by over a minute, on the 3rd level I overtook him RIGHT at the end, and on teh 5th level I managed to shave 3 and a half mins off my best time - on my screen I thought I'd won but alas he had beaten me by 0.015 of a second! And that time's still only a silver-medal...

Well worth getting it guys, it's great fun but so fucking tense. I'm physically shaking from the adrenaline. Having a look at the achievements there's one level-specific time to beat; japan 4 in under 1:40. I shudder to think how hard that'll be. Giving it a rest now, moving on to Harm's way!

Well Dorito's Crash Course is pretty fun, kinda like a platformer based on Total Wipeout but actually not shit and starring your avatar. :D

Just had a pretty awesome online game on it with Jay, turns out we're pretty evenly matched on it, that last USA level is a sod though lol

Anyway I'd urge anyone who's downloading this free arcade game to give it a go on Live as it's great fun to play for a few minutes. :)

^ Shameless bump so this awesomeness doesn't get lost on the previous page. :p

Will no doubt play more Crash Course later along with Harm's Way which potentially sounds pretty fun, plus a few easy achievments are always good every now and then :heh: Ironically, the Doritos game that was released a year or to ago had some of the easiest achievemants ever but the ones in Crash Course at least require a small amount of effort.

Ok, Harm's Way is quite lacking single-player. Most fun to be had is in the turret. You can't get upgrades/downgrades in single player so that actually makes a few more of the achievements online-only - or potentially offline. Both games are quality party games!

Harm's Way is an easy 200, takes like 10 mins to max out.

Crash Course is great, definetly the better of the two games. I look forward to playing on Live with my mates in some 4 player fun.

It looks like we get X-Men as a 2 months exclusive.

The PlayStation 3 version of X-Men Arcade will be released two months after the Xbox 360 version, Konami confirmed to Eurogamer this afternoon.

The XBLA version will be released in Europe and the US on 15th December - next Wednesday. The PSN version is slated for a February release. Pricing is yet to be revealed.

Ok, Harm's Way is quite lacking single-player. Most fun to be had is in the turret. You can't get upgrades/downgrades in single player so that actually makes a few more of the achievements online-only - or potentially offline. Both games are quality party games!

You can, just play locally against the bots.

Well Dorito's Crash Course is pretty fun, kinda like a platformer based on Total Wipeout but actually not shit and starring your avatar. :D

My thoughts exactly when I started playing Crash Course. I had the misfortune of playing that piece of shit that was the Total Wipeout game on the Wii (the joys of being sent games to review) and thankfully, Crash Course is infinitely better. Only played a few of the US levels but I've got no times to compare against on my friends list.

Also liking Harm's Way. I can see that being interesting online. Hopefully, I can test that out later this week as it's not quite the same in single player, or even against the Bots who seem to have incredible precision with the turrets as well as access to all the weapons but when I had a go, I could only use one weapon which was disappointing.

I've been trying to get golds on Crash Course but some of the levels time limits are brutal.

Here's a taste of things to come, starting December 22nd. :santa:

I :heart: XBLA!

Ilomilo looks stunning, it seems very similar to Kula World but with greater depth, presumably co-op too? potentially very awesome indeed. :)

I've been trying to get golds on Crash Course but some of the levels time limits are brutal.

They are ridiculous on some courses, but the game is great fun! I haven't cleared Europe yet, but that's due to getting distracted with Harm's way, and a couple of demo's i downloaded.

Costume Quest seems like it could be a good game from the trial.

I've been trying to get the golds on Crash Course as well before moving on. Got golds on USA 1 through 4 but 5 is a nightmare. It's the last bit where you come off of the moving fans and then have to run the gauntlet passed all the hammers that screws my run up everytime. I know you can't do a continuous run through as the timing of the hammers makes it impossible to do it without getting knocked off but the collision detection seems a little unfair as I've been standing on the stepdown ledge before the first hammer and it's knocked me off. I'll get it eventually.

Annoying that there aren't any online games for Harm's Way. Really want to see what it's like online. It's the only achievement I have left to get, for joining an online game. The one hit kill shot on the wind shield achievement was a little frustrating to get. Basically ended up with me blindly firing at the cars until I somehow managed to get it.

I've been trying to get the golds on Crash Course as well before moving on. Got golds on USA 1 through 4 but 5 is a nightmare. It's the last bit where you come off of the moving fans and then have to run the gauntlet passed all the hammers that screws my run up everytime. I know you can't do a continuous run through as the timing of the hammers makes it impossible to do it without getting knocked off but the collision detection seems a little unfair as I've been standing on the stepdown ledge before the first hammer and it's knocked me off. I'll get it eventually.

Annoying that there aren't any online games for Harm's Way. Really want to see what it's like online. It's the only achievement I have left to get, for joining an online game. The one hit kill shot on the wind shield achievement was a little frustrating to get. Basically ended up with me blindly firing at the cars until I somehow managed to get it.

if any of your friends have downloaded Harm's way, they can invite you to play and that get's you the achievement too. Did it that way last night,

as for the one hit kill shot, i got that purely by luck, just shooting at cars as much as possible.

I've been trying to get the golds on Crash Course as well before moving on. Got golds on USA 1 through 4 but 5 is a nightmare.

If you think that's bad just wait until Japan. It's like playing Super Meat Boy with less than perfect controls and camera.

I think Harms Way — I find the lack of a possessive inordinately annoying — must have an issue with its networking. I tried to join a game for a good 15 minutes and didn't find a single one, which is rather suspicious given it's a free, multiplayer focussed game on day of release. I tried creating a game, too, but no luck there either.

Well I got the gold on USA 5 eventually. Done most of the Europe stages now, but trying to gold on Europe 4 has proven difficult. It was the first level I ever got a bronze on (prior to that, I'd always at least gotten a silver medal, with a few golds on first try). Having looked at the leaderboards to see the top times for some of these levels, I honestly don't see how they're managing to get the times they've gotten. ::shrug: Still, can't complain seeing as it was free. It is enjoyable, just frustrating at times.

When is that Ilomilo game out then? Certainly looks interesting and I had a look for the trial but it's not there.

Well I got the gold on USA 5 eventually. Done most of the Europe stages now, but trying to gold on Europe 4 has proven difficult. It was the first level I ever got a bronze on (prior to that, I'd always at least gotten a silver medal, with a few golds on first try). Having looked at the leaderboards to see the top times for some of these levels, I honestly don't see how they're managing to get the times they've gotten. ::shrug: Still, can't complain seeing as it was free. It is enjoyable, just frustrating at times.

I snagged the gold for Euro 4 this morning, took a fair few tries though. I still can't get the gold on USA 5, that last section always butchers me. I also got gold on Japan 4 last night but only because there was an achievement linked to it. :D

USA 5 - the last bit, remember the slide! take your time and slide under the swinging hammers. *gloats of time of 1:15:542* And I made two mistakes before that!

If anyone wants a game on Harm's Way, or perhaps wants to snag that last achievement, add me and msg me. I'll be up for it in about 30 mins and hopefully for the rest of the day.

I finally nailed it!

I've just got to get a gold on Japan 5 and then i'm done. I'm not sure how i'm gonna do it though as the start of the level is brutal. There are far too many trampolines and hammers and then there's timed trampolines! If I can do them thenI should get it as the rest of the level is a piece of cake.

I think we should arrange an epic Harm's Way match for tonight/tomorrow night. If we can fill all 8 slots it'd be win! Who's with me? Say, 8pm GST?

I'll try and do it tonight! The girlfriend is coming over at some point but I'll delay it :heh:

If you see me online tomorrow night then throw me a invite, most likely playing with Vicar so we got 2 players there.

Had some crazy chase fun with Dazz. Whisked through from start to... well, currently on JAP 3, I think, and honestly it's making me want to kill things. Before our sesh we both had only gotten up to EU 3 so it's all new to both of us... but this level of frustration PAIIINS MEEEE.

YAY! ALL GOLD GET!:yay:

That last Japan level was a bit of a nightmare. When I did finally get past the first section I buckled on the easy parts and died too many times. I finally managed to do the first section again and then I had to compose myself for the last part. It feels very rewarding getting the golds and I enjoyed the challenge. Not bad for a free game. :)

Downloading this Harm's Way, see what is about. Can't argue with free either can i?? Also, Dorito Crash Course is free as well, playing that at the moment. It's a fun little title

Edited by Jimbob

You can get a trial code from here:

http://wp7supersecretaccess.ilomilo.com/

A thank you for that. First code I got was bunk but thankfully the second one worked. Downloaded it and gave it a go and really enjoyed it. Obviously you only get to play the tutorial but it feels like a very simplistic and relaxing game you can put on for a few minutes and enjoy. Strange that you can't access the game on the Marketplace, not even to buy it, and can only get it through that link and buy it in game.

Definitely considering getting it though. I was saving my last 800 MS points for the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2 once my exams are out of the way next week but think I may just unlock the full version of Ilomilo now.