NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Have many people purchased Puzzle Quest? I'm gonna pick it up when I get some points on my birthday. Seriously understated gem.

Have many people purchased Puzzle Quest? I'm gonna pick it up when I get some points on my birthday. Seriously understated gem.

I would have if I hadn't already beaten it on DS. Takes a while to get it, but it is addictive if you feel it.

I discovered Puzzle Quest a few days before christmas. When I first played it I wasn't too bothered, just took it as a bejeweled clone. But once you get into it, it's seriously addictive. Loving it right now, though I think the DS version is supposed to be the best one. Touch controls speed it up alot.

I heard the PSP was the best one because the DS screen was too small for great touch screen on the balls. I got the PSP version myself, but all versions are great no matter what anyway.

Gamerankings

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords DS 81.5%

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords PSP 85.4%

Both the PlayStation Portable and DS versions of Puzzle Quest have their quirks. On the PSP, loading issues can cause the game to hang for a second. These disruptive pauses can strike at almost any time, whether you're scrolling across the overworld map or casting a spell during combat. They don't really ruin anything, but they're annoying nonetheless. On the DS, the problems with the presentation are much more severe and end up impacting the gameplay. The graphics aren't as crisp and clear as they are on the PSP, and there are barely any flashy special effects. Most significantly, the puzzle playfield appears cramped on the lower screen of the DS, and it's difficult to discern certain pieces. Because of the size of the pieces, it's also easier to make mistakes with the game's mandatory stylus controls. The content is still good, but these problems make the DS version harder to recommend.

I've never had any problems with the touch controls. I guess I never noticed the lack of effects because I don't know any better. Works just fine as is to me :indeed:

Metal Slug 3 is out next week. I'm thinking of picking this up. Not sure if I want to spend 800 points on it though.

I haven't played it before. Anyone recommend it?

Metal Slug is a great arcade shooter which you will find addictive and co-op is superb but yeah it should be only 400 points.

Metal Slug is fantastic.

I'd pay 800 for it because I love it so much but it is should not be a 800 point game, especially when all 7 Metal Slugs are only a tenner on Wii.

Metal Slug is fantastic.

I'd pay 800 for it because I love it so much but it is should not be a 800 point game, especially when all 7 Metal Slugs are only a tenner on Wii.

ohhh but you don't get achivements on your wii.. ill probably pick this up for 800.. had it for my ps2 that is stored away

ohhh but you don't get achivements on your wii.. ill probably pick this up for 800.. had it for my ps2 that is stored away

In this case anyway £10 for 7 games without achievements > 1 game for £7 with acheivements.

However, considering I use VGA for Wii, I can't play Metal Slug for Wii anyway. So this may be the best I can get.

Whatever way you play it, Metal Slug is awesome.

Please tell me that was a joke. :/

Please tell me that was a joke. :/

i tried to show that by the "ohh".. but I know that irony isnt that good on print..

Just got Omega Five, it's quite good but really hard.

Only 2 continues? boooo

Does that mean it's getting closer?

I want a firm release date damnit.

Apparently it may be up this week from what I've read. But sounds like it'll def be up very soon.

Rez is meant to be up also by the end of the month. Buying both day 1.........bought some more points last night in preparation. 2100 for £13.50. :heh:

Nah, soz. Staff discount at Game. Bought another load up as had my last day there yesterday. Soz for possibly confusing ya......I should of said in my other post really.

Does anyone thing we should rename the thread to include Xbox originals as well?

"Xbox Live Arcade & Originals Thread"

I was maybe thinking of picking up Psychonaut. Is it any good?

Edit: Yay!! Thanks Jordan!!!

psychonauts is great and weird.. one of the few games i actually bothered to finish..

also i got puzzle quest and it's great fun.. even though the "computer" is cheating.. i killed skeletons and goblins and wolves.. only to have my ass kicked by a bat ha ha

Edit: Yay!! Thanks Jordan!!!

Ask and yee shall recieve! You know... unless its "OMG CAN I BE A MOD."

In which case the answer is "No."

I was maybe thinking of picking up Psychonaut. Is it any good?

It´s great... just great

It´s also extremely weird and when i say weird i mean weird

Ask and yee shall recieve! You know... unless its "OMG CAN I BE A MOD."

In which case the answer is "No."

Haha! Hmmmm, here goes nothing. Can I have a t-shirt with Jordan "King of Fun" and your avatar printed on it, in black, medium size? :p

It'd sell like hot cakes!!

It´s great... just great

It´s also extremely weird and when i say weird i mean weird

Cool, I like weird. I like weird a lot! Might go pick up some points for this soon then.

I bought a 360 recently but didn't really play it yet to study. WITNESS MY DEDICATION!

I just tried out the arcade games that came with it and I found boom boom rocket enjoyable, but I don't know how much it costs, so don't know if it's worth it. I really loved Pac-Man CE though. I'm not getting GW, because it's coming to Wii with much more stuff :P

Not sure if I'll buy Ikaruga I mean, I have the original I can just pop it in my Wii. Unless this has an online mode.