NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

live_arcade_logo.jpg

I couldn't see an Xbox Live Aracde thread so I though I might start one. I've got loads of spare points (I got another 1000 free with Mass Effect) and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

I thought this might also be useful for general XBL Arcade discussion as well since it is often overlooked.

This could probably also be extended to the Playstation Store but since I don't really have a clue about it, I'll leave it for the edit.

Marble Blast Ultra

Geometry wars

Uno

Worms

Bomberman

Just the many that need a purchase.

Bomberman is legend.

If you create a Korean account, you can download Hexic 2 for free, saving 800 points, then play it on your normal account. It's pretty good, the coloured tiles make my eyes bleed though.

There's Aegis wing free on the US servers.

UNO Is free with the vision cam.

I recommend Band of Bugs to everyone tbh, i had a lot of fun with it.

And BOOM BOOM ROCKET! fantastic game.

Good thread (y)

Aye, Aegis Wing, that shitty Yaris game, and did anyone hear about that game developer's competition, where the winning game gets put on the European servers?

Nice thread!

EDIT: you got points with Mass Effect?

At HMV you got a free 1000 points + my student discount = awesome deal! :heh:

Aegis wing is an awesome game especially when it is played over live!

I downloaded it, it's really hard in single player (especially getting the diplomat achievement) but I haven't tried it over Live, since no one on here seems to own it or play it.

And BOOM BOOM ROCKET! fantastic game.

BBR is basically a dancemat game without a dancemat. I really didn't see the point in playing it after I tried the demo. :shakehead

Aye, Aegis Wing, that shitty Yaris game, and did anyone hear about that game developer's competition, where the winning game gets put on the European servers?

I don't know who won, but when I was at Huddersfield Uni they came third in that comp.

Something to do with boats and stuff, it looked pretty good.

I don't know who won, but when I was at Huddersfield Uni they came third in that comp.

Something to do with boats and stuff, it looked pretty good.

FUCK YEAH, HUDDERSFIELD.

..... :|

Anyone for carcassonne?...

No..Just me. :heh:

carcassonness2.jpg

It's actually a pretty fun board game! had many a LOL playing this with Bluejay a few weekends ago. :D

Of course he got it for free! :)

Other good games that i have played are:

Super Puzzle Fighter (addictive)

Ageis Wings

Alien Hominid

Bomberman

Tetris (also addictive)

All of these are great fun in multiplayer!!! :grin:

Geometry Wars is obvious, but I love Worms. I also got all the download stuff for it, mainly because the same 3 back drops got really boring.

Tetris is Tetris.

Worms isn't Worms. Pretty disappointing version, lacks content. DS version is far superior.

Nor is Pacman. Much better that normal Pacman though, I'd reccomend that.

Geometry Wars is essentially. Mutant Storm Empires if you like Twin Stick Shooters too.

Super Puzzle Fighter is top drawer as well. Switchball is good if a little slow paced.

I have 19 Live Arcade games, of which 15 I paid for. Live Arcade is pretty great, only game I regret buying is Prince of Persia, game annoys me.

Worms isn't Worms. Pretty disappointing version, lacks content. DS version is far superior.

But the best thing for 4-player on one TV if you don't have a N64/PSOne and Armageddon.

Geometry Wars, E4, Carcassone, and Switchball (i think it's called)

All fucking awesome games.

I got Carcassone while it was free. Couldn't really decide if i liked it or not. I did trial switchball though, i will probably buy that one at some point, pretty fun.

Also, i can't believe we've not mentioned Prince Of Persia Classic yet, i had sooooo much fun playing through it.

My favorites are Pacman, Zuma Deluxe and Geometry Wars.. played a lot af Doom also.. fun trying again after so many years.. ha ha just frustrating that you cant look up or down..

I was actully surprised by Carcossane, didn't really have much intrest in it after playing the demo and then when it came free I got it and I actully don't mind it, not played it in a while now like but it's fun, hard to get the hang of though.

and for the Foote Fans, just in time for Christmas, Sensi is out 19th of December =D http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238031

I just saw some video from a game called Undertow.. Anybody knows when it will hit europe? or is it already out? (im housesitting far away from my xbox)