NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Stopped watching the demo... because it looks fucking awesome! May well treat myself to that. Not sure about the others yet, though.

I got the trial for that 30 second game yesterday but forgot to give it a go! Definitely look at that later.

Although i have not played it yet i download the trail for Ms Splosion Man and i am assuming the game is a lot bigger!!

The file size is 2.0GB where as Splosion Man was only 350ishMB!

Although i have not played it yet i download the trail for Ms Splosion Man and i am assuming the game is a lot bigger!!

The file size is 2.0GB where as Splosion Man was only 350ishMB!

I downloaded it last night - took about two hours due to BT doing things to the line supposedly improving the connection... definitely faster today though - and I can confirm that it is indeed bigger and dare I say it...

... better.

Yes, it defintiely feels more refined than the original - which there was nothing wrong with - for instance there are now power lines which you can slide along plus 'launchers' which work the same way as the barrels in DKC! :D

Oh and there's a proper map screen now - Mario style - plus loooooooads more content, I've only played about 3 or 4 levels and would already highly recommend it! ^^

I downloaded it last night - took about two hours due to BT doing things to the line supposedly improving the connection... definitely faster today though - and I can confirm that it is indeed bigger and dare I say it...

... better.

Yes, it defintiely feels more refined than the original - which there was nothing wrong with - for instance there are now power lines which you can slide along plus 'launchers' which work the same way as the barrels in DKC! :D

Oh and there's a proper map screen now - Mario style - plus loooooooads more content, I've only played about 3 or 4 levels and would already highly recommend it! ^^

Cool! Think i'm definatly going to buy it then! Maybe not straight away since i just bought Res 3D and AC: Brotherhood but i will see where temptation takes me! :p

Bastion, then: Bit tasty. Narrative style, clever and rich story and a winning art style elevate it but the nuts and bolts game is pretty fun too. It's a dungeon crawler with half an eye on Diablo and half an eye on DMC, if a little lite on both. Really fun though. Bite sized and moreish in the best way.

I couldn't have described it better myself, must play it a bit more though... I'm trying to alternate between Bastion and Ms Splosion Man which is also fantastic but in an entirely different way. :)

How long is Bastion? I want it, I really enjoyed the trial, I pressed the button to buy it, but as so often happens, the 1200 tag turned me away.

When will people realise that they can cut the cost by a third and increased sales will easily cover that remaining chunk? Look at smartphone apps, the biggest grossing apps are the ones that drop their price to the $0.99 mark so that they fly up to the top 10 apps, and then sales increase exponentially.

Has anyone played "I made a game with zombies in it"? Great indie title for 80MS points, geometry wars fans should definitely give it a trial :) It's better than Dead Nation on PS3 :p

I was planning on getting Bastion but I really like the look of From Dust thats coming next in the Summer of Arcade so im gonna hold out for that first.

I pressed the button to buy it, but as so often happens, the 1200 tag turned me away.

When will people realise that they can cut the cost by a third and increased sales will easily cover that remaining chunk? Look at smartphone apps, the biggest grossing apps are the ones that drop their price to the $0.99 mark so that they fly up to the top 10 apps, and then sales increase exponentially.

It's sad to think that i almost feel that most of the bigger titles which are released will always now show 1200 ms points. Although i was surprised though that ms splosion man is 800ms!

Your so right though, i only buy a few xbla titles because of the prices but if they were a lot cheaper i would download loads more!

Has anyone played "I made a game with zombies in it"? Great indie title for 80MS points, geometry wars fans should definitely give it a trial :) It's better than Dead Nation on PS3 :p

Might give the trail a go sometime then! Not that i have even played Dead Nation yet on ps3!

How long is Bastion? I want it, I really enjoyed the trial, I pressed the button to buy it, but as so often happens, the 1200 tag turned me away.

Umm..well I've nearly finished it, but it's taken me a while. There's a fair few levels (not totally sure how many) plus some fun challenge maps where you have to use each weapon in little scenarios that unlock upgrades etc. I think the game runs a new game+ kind of deal too, with customisable difficulty levels.

So plenty of content- well worth a tenner.

Wait you've nearly finished -- how many hours would you say?

I was about to but it then -- oops, 1180 points in my account. Fecksake.

Yeah, 1200 MSPoints is a bit steep for some of the games. But then again, full games are more often than not 60€ and they are not always as good as the Live Games, I have bought and played. So actually, I find the price okay but it definitely could do with a lowering.

Speaking of Bastion, bought it yesterday and played it today (along with Splosion Man). Great fun, the deterministic storyteller is really fun and innovative.

£10 really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things, I think people are letting the artificial Points layer colour their judgement of value. I bet most of you will easily spend more than that in a week due to buying consumables you don't really need.

Similarly if you're paying full RRP for Microsoft Points you're doing your wallet a disservice, it's pretty easy to find ways to save money on them.

The above is true... it seems there are better times to buy points than others depending on where you buy them from, only recently in Tesco there were many chart titles reduced but in addition to this when you purchased a points card with them, you'd save an additional £10 making them ludicrously cheap.

The problem with points is that you have to buy them in increments, and they typically cost £15-£25. My reluctance to spend 1200 points on an XBLA is not so much "This is £10, which is a lot", but "This leaves me with only n points, which would not be enough for x y z, meaning I would have to purchase more at point... c."

Wait you've nearly finished -- how many hours would you say?

I finished it today. I would say that I've spent about 11 hours on it. Tops. Great game.

Had a dabble with Shadow Planet today. Maybe after a price drop but 1200 is too much for it. I know it's not much cash either way but it didn't quite feel right. For a game that, at a glance, looks very attractive, the whole game felt extremely cold and didn't evoke any kind of response from me. Add to that a paltry 5 hour span and I don't think I'll invest. I love Metoridvania but I laready have Symphony and Shadow Complex on my 360.

Yeah it's awesome. Lots of good ideas, none of which outstay their welcome or feel shoehorned at all. Perfect little slice of inventiveness.

Sonic CD Coming to Xbox Live

The classic SEGA title Sonic CD is coming to Xbox Live Arcade.

Confirmation came via Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, who outlined Microsoft's PAX plans for the weekend in Seattle. Other download titles available to play at the show include: Trials Evolution, Skulls of the Shogun, Crimson Alliance, Splatters, Orcs Must Die, Ms. Splosion Man, Retro City Rampage, War of the Worlds, and Trine 2.

IGN has contacted SEGA for additional information. We'll update this story when we hear back.

http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/118/1189720p1.htm

Sonic CD Coming to Xbox Live

Hope it includes selectable soundtrack. Will buy when it's released regardless.

I'll probably end up getting it. Even if it is one of the lesser Sonic games.