NEurope
Daft

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

A thank you for that. First code I got was bunk but thankfully the second one worked. Downloaded it and gave it a go and really enjoyed it. Obviously you only get to play the tutorial but it feels like a very simplistic and relaxing game you can put on for a few minutes and enjoy. Strange that you can't access the game on the Marketplace, not even to buy it, and can only get it through that link and buy it in game.

It's because it's not due out yet - it's part of the Christmas promotion. I guess Ilomilo was finished early, but sue to the promotion it's not fully on the marketplace.

Well I finally got all the gold medals in Dorito's Crash Course plus nearly all of the other achievements (yep, including the Japan 4 one) just got to run through all of the Europe and Japan courses online and then I'm done. :)

Sorry to whoever was trying to add me to their Harm's Way game and party yesterday. My mic has broken and I was only on for short session anyway.

That was certainly me at one point on thursday - I was adding anyone on my friends list who was currently playing the game (all two of them). I must remember to pick up my mic from my mum's house. They annoy me though because they don't go loud enough for me to be able to hear people.

Just tried the demo for a game called Zeit2. Its a side scroll shooter in space using 'time travel'.

Ive now bought it (800ms points)as it seems really cool to play, music is really funky as well! Looks like it could get hard in the later levels though!

Any Diablo/Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance fans might want to check Torchlight out, though I'm not sure when it's actually out.

I snapped up Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light the other week as it was on special offer for 600mp and i'm so glad I did.

I just finished my first playthrough yesterday and it's a gem of a game. Sure, it's more action based than puzzle, but the quality of the game shines though. The replay value is insane aswell, the amount of challenges that are on offer is nuts and it will certainly be a while before I manage to do them all.

Great game isn't it? :) Have you been playing through it co-op? I think that's where the fun lay for myself, suddenly being thrown into a trap and having to figure out the solution before time runs out.

Great game isn't it? :) Have you been playing through it co-op? I think that's where the fun lay for myself, suddenly being thrown into a trap and having to figure out the solution before time runs out.

Nah, I just played through it in single player. I did play a little bit in co-op, but that was just for the achievys. :D

Another week of sales on XBLA!

Arcade titles

Toy Soldiers - 800msp

Perfect Dark - 400msp

Magic: The Gathering - 400msp

South Park: Tower Defence - 400msp

Splosion Man - 400msp

Braid - 400msp

Snoopy Flying Ace - 400msp (buy this people)

Uno Rush - 400msp

Duke Nukem 3D - 400msp

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 400msp

MVC2 - 600msp

Mega Man 10 - 400msp

Final Fight Double Impact - 400msp

Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400msp

SSFT2 HD Remix - 600msp

DLC

Halo Reach: Noble Pack - 400msp

Halo 3: Mythic II Pack - 400msp

Halo 3 Mythic Pack - 200msp

Gears of War 2: All Fronts - 400msp

Forza 3: Community Choice - 200msp

Forza 3: Sidewinder - 200msp

Forza 3: Hot Holidays - 200msp

Crackdown 2: Toy Box - 280msp

Crackdown 2: Deluge - 280msp

Alan Wake: The Writer - 280msp

Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200msp

Halo Reach: Emile Spartan Armour - 200msp

Halo 3: ODST Marine Armour - 200msp

Gears of War 2: Locust Armour - 160msp

Gears of War 2: Ticker Pet - 120msp

Fable 3: Warrior Helmet - 120msp

More titles are to be added on Friday which look to be Limbo, Monday Night Combat, Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex and Trials HD.

nice :) I might pick up teh duke nukem games and shadow complex if that does hit. Those prices are all week, ja?

When I played the Duke Nukem demo everyone whinged about how shit it looked and how it was burning their eyes.

You talking about Duke Nukem 3D? I loved playing that game as a kid :P I got lost in the caves near the end for easily an hour nearly every time I played it.

Such a noob.

I'm on about a couple of years ago, and by everyone I mean everyone except me :3

Summer of Arcade games and price have been announced.

As we melt under the heat in a horrible, muggy London, we look forward to the beginning of the Xbox Live Arcade Summer of Arcade getting underway, bringing with it a host of new downloadable games to sink your teeth into between undercooked barbeque meats and sunstroke.

In the tried and tested annual Summer of Arcade tradition, each week will the release of a new title on the Xbox Live Arcade, starting with the retro charms of Bastion on 20th July and ending with the 80s action movie-inspired Toy Soldiers sequel, Cold War on 17th August. Here are the summery Summer of Arcade games in full:

•Bastion (Supergiant Games/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) - 20th July - 1200 Microsoft Points

•From Dust (Ubisoft Montpellier/Ubisoft) - 27th July - 1200 Microsoft Points

•Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (Fuelcell/Microsoft Studios) - 3rd August - 1200 Microsoft Points

•Fruit Ninja Kinect (Halfbrick/Microsoft Studios) - 10th August - 800 Microsoft Points

•Toy Soldiers: Cold War (Signal Studios/Microsoft Studios) - 17th August - 1200 Microsoft Points

And as ever, purchasing all five Summer of Arcade titles will entitle you to a bonus, in this year's case you'll bag yourself a copy of Crimson Alliance - worth 1200 Microsoft Points - absolutely free when it releases on the Xbox Live Arcade on September 7th, 2011. Lovely!

I can't wait for Bastion, it looks amazing.

Never heard of Bastion but did a youtube search and it really does look awesome. Might buy that when I get home from Barcelona in July.

Bastion looks like a potentially good game, but it doesn't look like my type of game at all.

From Dust I'm not sure about, but it's made by the guy who created Out of This World, so I'm hoping it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet tries too hard. I'm not sure about the gameplay - it doesn't look like my type of game.

Fruit Ninja Kinect is lucky it's a successful iOS game. It really stands out (in a bad way) among the other titles.

Toy Soldiers: Cold War doesn't do enough with the toy angle (based on the trailer) and ends up looking like a generic shooter with some minor twists.

Basically, where's my Guardian of Light sequel? :heh:

I know nothing about any of those games. Will be checking out some trials!

The only game I'm genuinely interested in and will be picking up for sure is Bastion because if it plays like it looks - absolutely amazing art style - then I think we're in for a treat. :)

By the by... I'm guessing we should be getting Radiant Silvergun sometime this summer too? Must be after this lot are released... hopefully soon after as I've been wanting to play it for a decade or more, the only thing putting me off the Sega Saturn original - other than it being an import - was the pricetag so the XBLA version is something of a blessing. :D

------------------------------------------------------------

After searching the XBLA wiki page I've discovered that there are two seemingly decent titles being released today too...

Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax

Galaga Legions DX

Good times ahead. :)

Edited by S.C.G

titles being released today too...

Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax

Didn't know this was out today, I'm 20 points short as well. Hope I got a spare points card at home otherwise I'll pick on up on the weekend.

Didn't know this was out today, I'm 20 points short as well. Hope I got a spare points card at home otherwise I'll pick on up on the weekend.

I was reading about it today, sounds... intruiging, I'm sure I've heard of the PSP version but never bought the original because I don't really buy PSP games - I didn't even part money for the console itself, got it off Coke Zone - in fact the only game I bought was Phantasy Star Portable 2 lol so yeah... anyway I'd likely be interested in buying this 'DX' version of what I assume to be one of the better, more original PSP games.