NEurope
Link83

NEW NoE Site is up!

I don't understand how they work out when stars are expiring anyway, I got my GameCube and registered the stars after only a few months of it being out, yet none of mine are due to expire.. :confused:

I registered my cube in it's launch week & i've got 1,500 stars expiring at the end of the month with nothing i want in the catalogue yet & all the Wii points sold out. Ahhh!! the price of loyalty, think i'll become a casual gamer, more perks!

Ok this is taking the piss now.

I registered with my Wii code. Thats 1000 points for starters, and i got a message saying i will recieve a confirmation email..... 2 days later still no email....

Anyone else having that problem?

ok so I can't seem to sign into the site, I've had an account since the gamecubes release a ton of stars to turn into points =/ It's saying my account info is wrong but it can't be since I still get emails from NOE in that name

Have you used all lower case when entering your e-mail? What happened to me and a couple of others.

ok so I can't seem to sign into the site, I've had an account since the gamecubes release a ton of stars to turn into points =/ It's saying my account info is wrong but it can't be since I still get emails from NOE in that name

Someone suggested earlier that the problem was that you need to write in all lower caps.

Have you used all lower case when entering your e-mail? What happened to me and a couple of others.

I'll give that a try thanks Shadow

How do you know when your Star Points will expire?

If you log in on the site and go to your stars page, it will tell you how many stars will expire at the end of this month.

If you log in on the site and go to your stars page, it will tell you how many stars will expire at the end of this month.

Thanks.

Well this blows, I will lose 4250 points at the end of December! They better get their fingers out and get some more Wii points on the site.

Not bad - only 1500 stars to spend by the end of the year. I hope they put something decent in there around Christmas time. I don't want to buy a bloody keyring with my expiring stars!

I think I already lost some points last month, as I remember having over 10,000 on the last website, and I started off this one with just over 8000. Only just added my Wii and assorted games, so I'm back over 10,000, but still.

"The Wii Points Card Shop is momentarily closed due to maintenance work. Please come back later. We apologise for the inconvenience."

what an awful website.

Can someone please help me out here, i still dont have my confirmation email, and no reply from nintendo customer services.

I could probially register with a diferent star card but i want my 1000 for my wii >.>

well no matter what I try, it's saying my email address is 'invalid'. I tried to have my password resent back to me with the "forgotten password" option, but it's still saying invalid email. so I'm guessing my account has gone along with a good few thousand stars although I still get emails sent to me with that email address from Nintendo

Just a thought, remember a few months ago, nintendo sent out an email saying you to log on and then agree to the new terms & conditions perhaps people who didn't now can't log in.

I think flameboy might be right about people who didn't agree to the new T&Cs.

I personally have had no problem logging on to the site and all my points were still there, so I suspect most people's problems are probably of their own making. OK, the site was VERY slow when it first re-opened, but this was obviously due to the shear volume of traffic. I've just been on it again and it's flying.

The new site is a lot better than the old one, and the Gifts have also improved.

HOWEVER, at the end of the day, the Stars system isn't costing anyone any money (you're hardly likely to go and buy a game JUST to get the star points), so I don't really know why people are getting so upset over something that is free!

Don't forget that Nintendo is not a charity, they're a business and as such their first priority is to make money. The fact that they are giving anything away has to be looked on as a bonus. But as it's only marketing at the end of the day, there has to be a limit to how much can be given away.

I was lucky and was able to get 2000 Wii points, but I've missed out on other items in the past. As with any Marketing 'gimmick', you just have to be lucky to be in the right place at the right time. When I got out of Liverpool Street station this morning, I was given a free T-shirt. But I'm sure than a few minutes later they would have run out and some people would have missed out. Would it be reasonable if those people who missed out, rang up the company who were giving away the T-shirts and complained? I wouldn't have thought so, but then again, maybe I'm just old fashioned! But the principle is the same.

So what I think I'm trying to say here is, be grateful when you do get something, but don't throw your toys out of your pram when you miss out.

I personally have had no problem logging on to the site and all my points were still there, so I suspect most people's problems are probably of their own making.

How can it be 'of my own making' that Mario Galaxy is no longer listed under the products I've registered, and I can't re-enter the code?

And how is it other people's faults if they have fewer stars than they did when the old website closed down?

Fair enough for the t-shirts/models etc but the Wii Points should be there all the time as your console is linked to your account. It should be just like buying Wii points with your credit card except you can use you star points as currency.

I think your account got removed in July if you didn't accept the terms and conditions, cause one of mines did and if you signed on, you were forced to accept it.

How can it be 'of my own making' that Mario Galaxy is no longer listed under the products I've registered, and I can't re-enter the code?

And how is it other people's faults if they have fewer stars than they did when the old website closed down?

Try entering the code using capitals - lower case didn't work for me

I'm still having trouble signing into the site, i've tried lower and upper case in typing. And half the site is still down, i cannot for the love of anything go into the Club section or find the shop at all. All in all, unless these problems are sorted i won't be visting the site anytime soon.

I'm still having trouble signing into the site, i've tried lower and upper case in typing. And half the site is still down, i cannot for the love of anything go into the Club section or find the shop at all. All in all, unless these problems are sorted i won't be visting the site anytime soon.

There's nothing wrong with the site. I've just gone back in and can get into the club section and the stars catalogue.

Then again, if you're not logged in then I wouldn't expect you to be able to get into these areas.

Try clearing down all your cookies and temporary internet files and then try again?

Ordered a yoshi keyring. Wanted Wii points but sold out apparently -_-